1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Diggs signs with Panthers

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Buckeyepackfan, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Panthers | Team signs Diggs
    Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:13:08 -0700

Pat Sutherland, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have signed free agent LB Na'il Diggs (Packers) to an undisclosed contract.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good info buck.

hope diggs does well.

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I fell behind the ball on this topic...can someone fill me in...I assume he was simply cut by the pack?

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, I believe he was due a good amount of money this year(backloaded contract) and he just wasn't worth keeping around. They cut him shortly after the season ended.

5. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers parted ways with veteran linebacker Na'il Diggs on Thursday, the team's website reported. Diggs had started 80 games for the Packers over the previous six seasons.

Diggs was a fourth-round selection of the Packers in the 2000 draft and had been one of the team's mainstays on defense. The 27-year-old Diggs recorded at least 80 tackles in three straight seasons, but played in just nine games in 2005 because of injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    03-02-2006

6. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it looks as if TT has let another one go. I wonder who in the world is going to be left on the Packer team. Oh yeah, we do have Green and Driver. I am beginning to doubt that Favre is coming back. I know I am in the minority, but I wish Sherman was back. I did like him, and I don't like TT. I think he is hurting our beloved Packers.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea....our defense couldn't use the guy anymore. A defense like the Carolina Panthers has room for Diggs but we don't?