Did anyone notice?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. yeah, what a weird time to try that out.

2. yeah wtf. too bad we most likely will never hear the explanation for this

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering about that in the first play. I don't know if MM was trying something new or if that was a mistake (Bulaga and Clifton).

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
im glad sam shields was trusted he did a good job
and yeah i noticed the clock thing too

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few things I noticed during the course of the game ....

1. In the first quarter for one play, Bryan Bulaga lined up a LT and Chad Clifton at RT

2. On the final kickoff to the Packers, the clock read 4:02 when the play started. Charles Woodson fielded the kick and ran a good 15 yards (not all up the field) or so and was then tackled. Only 2 seconds elapsed during that runback. Incredible. Woodson must be the fastest human on the planet.

3. Sam Shields played every play except one, often guarding Jackson or Maclin 1 on 1. Speaks to the confidence the staff has in him. Also freed up Woodson to play "rover" pretty much the entire game.

Yeah the RT/LT thing was strange,,,great point on Shields, just looked at the ATl game final stats, they converted 2 4th downs and the pack fumbled at the goal line, outgained them by well over a 100 yards, pack really have a great chance to win this game...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Daaayuuum! You guys are on it! I have a hard enough time keeping track of the ball....then after that.. all i'm looking for is an opening and either 1st down or TD!!!

I really do love reading all the details of the game though!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
noticed the clock thing, the packers post game mentioned it as well. I dont think theres any explanation. My best explanation is that it was an error that the refs/coaching staff didn't address at the time.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed the clock thing. Also on Rodgers' sack, they refused to roll the clock, stoping it at 2:10. Till it was obvious that it was two minute warning...

Well, we were at a road game. I honestly expected us to be way more "robbed" than that. I can only remember the bogus Colledge holding that the refs blew over. All in all, it was a fair game called by the refs.

Reaction score
1. yeah, what a weird time to try that out.

2. yeah wtf. too bad we most likely will never hear the explanation for this

Missed that, but I DVR'd {is that a word?} the game, so I'll look more closely at those two when I watch it again in a few minutes.

Now, I was somewhat inebriated, but I could have SWORN that on that Eagle punt recovery, an Eagle players heel or side of his foot slightly grazed the football FIRST! Anybody else think so? Lot's of feet shuffling around. Of course, we all had the same television angle. Possibly from another angle he may have missed it entirely. But it sure looked really close enough for a "challenge" to me. Either I need some coke bottle replacement lens or FEWER cold ones. And Tramon....C'mon man! You took 10 more years off my life running around there with the ball at the end instead of immediately taking a dive. BUT WE WON....ALL THAT MATTERS <>

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed that, but I DVR'd {is that a word?} the game, so I'll look more closely at those two when I watch it again in a few minutes.

Now, I was somewhat inebriated, but I could have SWORN that on that Eagle punt recovery, an Eagle players heel or side of his foot slightly grazed the football FIRST! Anybody else think so? Lot's of feet shuffling around. Of course, we all had the same television angle. Possibly from another angle he may have missed it entirely. But it sure looked really close enough for a "challenge" to me. Either I need some coke bottle replacement lens or FEWER cold ones. And Tramon....C'mon man! You took 10 more years off my life running around there with the ball at the end instead of immediately taking a dive. BUT WE WON....ALL THAT MATTERS <>

Yeah, I thought it might have touched one of them too, but I don't think they could've overturned it. If it actually did touch one of them, it wasn't obvious enough for them to change the call.

Reaction score

Looking at that recovered punt again, it looks to me that Buckley's {#34} right foot could have possibly grazed the opposite side of the football NOT facing our view unless he lifted it up in time, but geeze that was close enough for a challenge flag, I thought. Glad it didn't bite us! Refs did do a good job overall in this game

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it might have touched one of them too, but I don't think they could've overturned it. If it actually did touch one of them, it wasn't obvious enough for them to change the call.

Yeah, that's the problem when any evidence is just so slight that it makes it impossible to overturn the call made on the field. Man, though, if Buckley did lift his foot up in time before he grazed the ball then it was as close as he could have got without touching it.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The clock on the screen isn't official, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

After the sack, it did run down to the 2 minute warning, but the clock just didn't show it cause I remember Aikman saying that would take it to the 2min warning.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I have a question. Did I miss something at the end of the half when we had 15 seconds and 1 timeout and we just let the clock run down?
I'm hoping there is a logical explanation for this that I just missed.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a question. Did I miss something at the end of the half when we had 15 seconds and 1 timeout and we just let the clock run down?

We had the TD that Jones dropped. Might as well go in with the lead we had.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that is the biggest knock on MM on this game. We had a great QB who was playing well, and we had time to at least get a FG.

3 things do help his cause, though.
1) He did call for a long play, which would be a TD if Jones doesn't drop it.
2) We would receive the ball back, so there was no need to force a turnover.
3) The identity of this team is D. Like in situation 2, a possible turnover would be much worse than potential points.

I still think it was the wrong call to run the clock down, but I can see why.

Members online

Latest posts