Dez Bryant

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/dez-bryant-play-for-packers-report/

I recall stating that Davante was a "poor man's" Dez Bryant out of college, but Davante has obviously surpassed him now

Will depend on how MVS can continue to progress
ESB is a slot guy in my eyes

Allison has never impressed me, a Boykin clone
I'm surprised Trevor Davis is still on the team, can't Tramon return kicks or is he too old now?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want wr help
not sure if i want that wr help though
i do think if ever he's been mentally where i'd want him to be to play for us, it's probably now

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on how MVS progresses IMO

I see ESB as a slot guy

Allison and Davis are not NFL caliber WRs, no offense to them

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think dez excites anyone
but we have next to nothing outside of adams, imo
only reason i'd consider it

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I said regarding him two days ago.

I don't think we need him to be considering we have Devante as the number 1 threat, but imo the chances are he probably is better than most of our talent currently, especially in the lateral game as he can go up for those jump balls. Plus I think he would be great as a red zone target. We don't need him to be a #1. I can see him being a second option opening things up for Devante.

I've always thought the dude got a bad shake and was always the scapegoat for Dallas due to their poor play. The dude wants to win and he's passionate. Besides what's in Green Bay to distract him like in Dallas? On top of that I believe in second chances. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a look if it helps our chances of winning. The dude looks like he's in good shape and he has a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove.

And after seeing how pitiful we were today, Dez is AT LEAST worth a look you guys. I'm asking you guys to forget his past because:
A. Chances are he knows this will be his last chance and I am certain he will be on his best behavior
B. As I said before, I think Dez was often the scapegoat simply because of how passionate he can be.
C. There's not a lot to do in Green Bay so we don't have to worry about anything distracting him.
D. I think Dez really wants to win, and I think having him on the field will help open up other players.

Dez may have lost a step you guys but he is STILL a great talent. I say we give him a chance, and let's not be close minded.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
neither of those guys is going to make our offense less 1-dimensional
we need another guy that defenses actually have to consider a threat rather than just guys capable of catching a ball

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
neither of those guys is going to make our offense less 1-dimensional
we need another guy that defenses actually have to consider a threat rather than just guys capable of catching a ball
I think Dez is someone that the defenses will respect in regards to catching the deep ball, due to his size and figure. He'd also be a good red zone threat.

If not him, who do you suggest we entertain trying to seek?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dez is someone that the defenses will respect in regards to catching the deep ball, due to his size and figure. He'd also be a good red zone threat.

If not him, who do you suggest we entertain trying to seek?

i meant neither EQ or Kume
i do suggest we at least work out Dez

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was weird no one wanted to sign him after Dallas cut him. Was there any explanation besides rumors?

Dude has a ton of talent and he didn't "fall off" until Dak took the helm because he can only hand it off to Zeke or throw a short slant to a TE or Slot. Truly think he's overrated.

At this point I'd take some kind of big name threat to go along with Adam's, or maybe a beefed up OLine that can give Rodgers consistent protection. These 3 second sacks kill us and the WRs can't get open quick enough.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If the team is serious about finding receiver help, they should target someone younger and better when we are closer to the deadline from a team that is clearly out of it.

Some potential names that come to mind: A.J. Green, Sterling Shepard, Albert Wilson, Mohamed Sanu, Dede Westbrook, Emmanuel Sanders.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are not getting AJ Green or Emanuel Sanders or Sanu.... I highly doubt we can get any of those guys for a reasonable price

Shepherd isn't very proven at all honesty

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In regards to Dez,if he is halfway in football shape and coachable. I say give him a tryout. Andre Rison was an out cast because of his actions and he helped us the season we won Super Bowl XXXI. And scored the first TD for us in the game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense showed a bit better today, but still no reliable passing targets outside of Adams who had a big drop today too.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dez had problems with drops when Dallas released him. Coming off an achilles (I think) would make that two massive strikes against signing him. The third is his horrible lockerroom presence. If we want a flyer on a old savy vet - I'd prefer talking Calvin Johnson into coming back.

Reaction score
Jordy >= Dez. We cut Jordy why in the heck would we go after Dez Bryant? This doesn’t make a lick of sense to me.
If you want you get a veteran WR go out and trade for one. Somebody who can contribute 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy >= Dez. We cut Jordy why in the heck would we go after Dez Bryant? This doesn’t make a lick of sense to me.
If you want you get a veteran WR go out and trade for one. Somebody who can contribute 2-3 years.
Well when you put it that way...I'd be more than happy to bring Jordy back!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We are not getting AJ Green or Emanuel Sanders or Sanu.... I highly doubt we can get any of those guys for a reasonable price

Shepherd isn't very proven at all honesty

If their teams are falling apart at the deadline, there's no reason to think those guys wouldn't be available.

Mitigating their price tag is the fact that they are all in their thirties, on relatively expensive contracts, and in the last or second to last years of their deals.

They are essentially rental players for teams making a push.

Now if their teams are in contention, forget about it. But that's why I say the Packers need to get closer to the deadline if they want to target receiver help. Let the season shake out a bit for various clubs.

Shepard is proven, but as a compliment. He's done well as a secondary player alongside a WR1. He is not, himself, a WR1. But the Packers don't need a #1.

Shepard is also the least likely to be available given that he was just extended.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about brandon marshall? big target....ive always wondered if he would fit. pierre garcon? not sure about his availability

Reaction score
Well when you put it that way...I'd be more than happy to bring Jordy back!
I actually believe he’d still be effective.. and cheap. But I think the GB brass has moved on to the next generation of WRs based on their past actions. We’re building for a 3-5 year run and Jordy is a 1 year option at best.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Going to have to review, as i thought MIN did a great job contesting the throws.

Kumerow should be active. I don’t get why he doesn’t get in after the camp he had.

No from me on Dez.