Dez Bryant signed by the Saints

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The plus for the Saints is that Dez is fresh and possibly the time away from the game has made him realize that its now or never and he needs to be more of a team player. Not to mention that I am sure he is loving watching the Cowboys spinning out of control and he is now on a SB contender with a FHOF QB.

The negative side for the Saints......he is Dez Bryant.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw that and if he plays up to his old self.....watch out! Our draft pick may have just plummeted another spot or 2.

I did a mock first round on fanspeak yesterday and picked 14th and 32nd so that saints pick might not be able to go down another spot haha.
Did get offensive lineman wi Michael Dieter at 14 and Alabama safety deionte Thompson at 32

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I saw Dez catch 2 passes in a row without dropping one in between. I don't want him taking targets away from Adams and MVS

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I saw Dez catch 2 passes in a row without dropping one in between. I don't want him taking targets away from Adams and MVS

Psssst.....he signed with the Saints, he won't be taking any targets away for Packer WR's ;)

Edit......glad to see we are all on the same page.....I guess I fell behind too!

Reaction score
Saints gonna win the SB this year. Brees will retire (Manning style). And the saints will cease to exist as we know them. Semi-Hot take?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Saints gonna win the SB this year. Brees will retire (Manning style). And the saints will cease to exist as we know them. Semi-Hot take?

If that is the case, I wonder if they would be willing to take back their 2019 first round pick and a 7th for their 2020th first rounder? :cautious:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, it's not possible for a first round pick to be the 34th overall selection ;)
That was worth a LOL! The Saints certainly do look like the team to beat right now. My only question, why did they feel they had to add WR depth, and Dez Bryant, this far into the season? That seems strange. I’m sure they had a reason. Just curious if anyone has an answer.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know that they cease to exist without Brees. The Saints had one of the best drafts ever last year, and then added Taysom Hill becasue GB was too dense to protect him. I’m not equating Drew Brees with Taysom Hill, but it is a very talented team. That said, they will be set back bigly if they lose a first time HOFer. And why should Brees retire, as well as he’s playing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That was worth a LOL! The Saints certainly do look like the team to beat right now. My only question, why did they feel they had to add WR depth, and Dez Bryant, this far into the season? That seems strange. I’m sure they had a reason. Just curious if anyone has an answer.

Saints need more at WR. Michael Thomas has been outstanding, with 70 catches through eight games, but the Saints’ next leading pass-catcher is running back Alvin Kamara, with 51, and 37-year-old tight end Ben Watson has 26.

With Drew Brees at QB, I think this was a smart move by the Saints. In their position, might be viewed like the Packers signing of Andre Rison back in 1996.

I know one non-Packer game I am going to tune into.....Nov. 29th The Saints play the Cowboys at Dallas!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don’t know that they cease to exist without Brees. The Saints had one of the best drafts ever last year, and then added Taysom Hill becasue GB was too dense to protect him. I’m not equating Drew Brees with Taysom Hill, but it is a very talented team. That said, they will be set back bigly if they lose a first time HOFer. And why should Brees retire, as well as he’s playing.

This was clearly said with joking, light hearted intentions Mr. Serious.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I think Bryant will look good on the Saints cause he’ll be their #3 threat after Thomas and Kamara.

Reaction score
With Drew Brees at QB, I think this was a smart move by the Saints. In their position, might be viewed like the Packers signing of Andre Rison back in 1996.
I was just watching some old film of Andre Rison by chance a few days ago. I had totally forgot that he had such a short stay in GB. I thought he played for at minimum 1 year here but I guess my memory is slipping.
Great comparison there.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP knew Dez Bryant was going to sign with Saints on April 13? Change your name to 'PackaDelorean' or something.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Saints fear Dez Bryant has suffered a torn Achilles in practice today.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints fear Dez Bryant has suffered a torn Achilles in practice today.
Holy crap! I literally had to do a double take upon seeing this. Wow. I know Dallas fans are having a ball right now. It's unfortunate as I do like Dez and I do feel he gets an unfair shake in regards to how he expresses himself. I was really hoping he'd consider joining The Packers, but a part of me feels he's so salty over that 2014 game he wouldn't even consider playing for us if we had offered him a contract.

I hope it's just a sprain, but this is what happens when you're not in NFL shape. I wonder if this'll make Bell consider sitting out the entire year now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts