dexter mcCluster ?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love Mccluster on the Packers, we need a guy like this. It would add so much more to our offense.. Like the article said, some Wildcat possibly.. out of the backfield, out of the slot, returning kicks, just a complete threat and potential to house the football every time he touches it

obryant13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we could really use this type of player but i think we need young talent in the secondary and offensive line too much to move up in round 2 for him and i have a strong feeling he'll be gone by our roudn 2 pick

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind picking him but IMHO we have more pressing needs.

At 2nd I wouldn't get him, but at 3rd would be amazing. Maybe even move up to pick him...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With discussions like these is why I would like to see TT trade down our 23rd over all pick, there is so much talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Not only that I hope there is some team out there that thinks Colledge is worth a 2nd round pick.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see a trade up in the 3rd for him. Trade our 3rd and our 5th, we have two.

OP
OP
A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With discussions like these is why I would like to see TT trade down our 23rd over all pick, there is so much talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Not only that I hope there is some team out there that thinks Colledge is worth a 2nd round pick.
man it would be great to get a 2nd round pick for colledge

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love Mccluster on the Packers, we need a guy like this. It would add so much more to our offense.. Like the article said, some Wildcat possibly.. out of the backfield, out of the slot, returning kicks, just a complete threat and potential to house the football every time he touches it

I would love McCluster also, but not for wildcat purposes. As I have said before, the wildcat is just a gimmick for ****** offenses. I know it makes defenses gameplan for one more thing, but how come New England, Indy, Minn., New Orleans don't use it? Again, I'm all for McCluster because of other attributes he brings.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love McCluster also, but not for wildcat purposes. As I have said before, the wildcat is just a gimmick for ****** offenses. I know it makes defenses gameplan for one more thing, but how come New England, Indy, Minn., New Orleans don't use it? Again, I'm all for McCluster because of other attributes he brings.

Agreed. Miami doesnt even use it as much as they did two years ago. It never caught on but can be a killer on teams that are not ready for it.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for McCluster being drafted also. The more I see of the guy, the more I fall in love with him!

If we could get the type of production out of him, as NE gets out of Wes Welker, he'll be a steal if we could get him in the 3rd round.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hmmmmm........don't really think we could get a 2nd for him. get a 3rd....then use that to move up and get another 2nd or something like that.

As far as McCluster is concerned. I would rather see us get some value with a speedy guy but instead of getting McCluster in the 2nd.........get Holliday later on maybe the next day. He might not be as versatile as McCluster but I think he's even faster. Instant upgrade on kickoff or punt returns.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmmm........don't really think we could get a 2nd for him. get a 3rd....then use that to move up and get another 2nd or something like that.

As far as McCluster is concerned. I would rather see us get some value with a speedy guy but instead of getting McCluster in the 2nd.........get Holliday later on maybe the next day. He might not be as versatile as McCluster but I think he's even faster. Instant upgrade on kickoff or punt returns.
That's exactly my thought process. I'd like McCluster, but the real need is for a PR, and Holliday is a terrific one that can be gotten later on.

Rather spend the #2 pick on a defensive position...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's exactly my thought process. I'd like McCluster, but the real need is for a PR, and Holliday is a terrific one that can be gotten later on.

See PackersRS............sometimes we do agree!!!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly, Mccluster's stats are indicating that he's a better RB than returner. There is definitely need for a 3rd down back for our team but that back must be versatile enough to be a KR/PR. That's basically TT's M.O., he wants to kill 2 birds with one stone which is why he'll look for that dual threat.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys really think Trindon Holliday will have a huge impact in the NFL? His only real role will be a returner and that's it.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys really think Trindon Holliday will have a huge impact in the NFL? His only real role will be a returner and that's it.

I don't know if he will have a huge impact in the NFL so to speak........but he would add speed to our special teams.......and if he gets through a hole, he's not going to get caught from behind. Look at how the return game alone helped us win the SB against the Patriots.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Desmond Howard, I'd go as far to say we don't win that SB.

He was only a returner...

I will play the other side and point out they are only good for about 2 seasons. But at that point I think thats all we need.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Okay, so a rare exception automatically makes Trindon Holiday a worthy prospect?

This is a pretty pointless argument since I don't see TT pulling the trigger on Holiday at any point in the draft. I see him getting a great value guy that can return, but is also decent at a different position and is at a somewhat adequate height.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, so a rare exception automatically makes Trindon Holiday a worthy prospect?

This is a pretty pointless argument since I don't see TT pulling the trigger on Holiday at any point in the draft. I see him getting a great value guy that can return, but is also decent at a different position and is at a somewhat adequate height.
That's not the point. You asked if a returner only can have an impact in the NFL, and I've shown a guy that only returned kicks, and that made a huge impact.

The same can be said about Hester and the 06 Bears.

If you don't think a return man would have made any difference in the Packers, I vehemently disagree. And I hope TT is with me on this one.

If you think about it, the Vikings' ST made a huge difference in the game 1 last year, specially the return team.

If they don't have excelent field position every single offensive series, we might've won that game.

It's a part of football, the return game. The NFCC game, the Saints had only to move 30 yards to kick the ball, thanks to their returner. he made a huge impact.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers signed a young guy that would be nothing but a kick returner this off season...remember Charles Dillon? At least that's all I thought he would be for now, if anything. Well at least we currently have some competition for the position.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts