despite weapons, offense needs another piece

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the O is fine imo. if they can just get out of the big play or bust mentality they get into sometimes. just move the chains and if a big play reveals itself take it.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not really..

All those cheap little throws... and I felt more "motioning" Ty out of the backfield to line on the outside should have been done btw... are PERFECT for the O.

I don't believe Geronimo even got any looks and we could go empty sets easy with him.

Geronimo was suspended. It would appear that you aren't a particularly hardcore fan.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're one game (a WIN!) into the season. I'm going to give the O the benefit of the doubt as they just matched up with arguably the best defensive unit in all of football. If we're 6 games in and having a tough time breaking 20, I'm all ears. As of right now though, I'm going to take some of AR's advice and R-E-L-A-X...

G P G ??

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers have a ton of talent on offense but I feel one more piece is needed. Dion Lewis from New England would be a great addition, and create a one-two punch of talented receiving backs with Ty Montgomery. If Ty goes down we are lost......

Dion would add great depth and he is lost in the mix in New England with Gillislee, White and now Burkhead
All of the backup RBs can catch. I wouldn't worry about it.

H

HardRightEdge

Here's what I don't understand. Why didn't Geronimo claim it was part of an ancient native American ritual?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have a chance to add a guy who can make you better or add a dimension to your game, do it.
That said, if this unit plays up to it's ability, it's more than good enough.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he has been doing some of the whacky weed with Geronimo? :cautious:

Nah i've just been busy getting laid instead...

I've followed the Pack since Favre but I can't remember all of the suspensions, signings, etc

*Although I loved the pick up of Brooks and believe Jahri Evans is fine

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers don't need another weapon on offense as the unit is stacked with talented players.

Our O-Line could do with another "piece", in all honesty. 4 sacks allowed is atrocious. We need AR healthy for full season and he can only scramble so much.

The offensive line will be fine once Bulaga returns from injury.

Yes, absolutely. I would agree that they have questionable OL depth, like most teams and improving there would be a big boost to their contingency plans.

Unfortunately I believe there are a lot of teams having more quality depth on the offensive line than the Packers though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers don't need another weapon on offense as the unit is stacked with talented players.

The offensive line will be fine once Bulaga returns from injury.

Unfortunately I believe there are a lot of teams having more quality depth on the offensive line than the Packers though.

I'm not sure I really agree. Of course, much of the OL depth in this league is untested. However, the majority of teams can't match Green Bay's starters by a long shot. They have sub-standard players in the starting lineup. So if those are their starters, what does that say about the guys backing them up? The Packers were without a starter and were still just fine against maybe the best pass rushing front in football.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure I really agree. Of course, much of the OL depth in this league is untested. However, the majority of teams can't match Green Bay's starters by a long shot. They have sub-standard players in the starting lineup. So if those are their starters, what does that say about the guys backing them up? The Packers were without a starter and were still just fine against maybe the best pass rushing front in football.

Maybe you're right about it, let me put it that way. The drop-off in performance with the Packers having to replace a starter is significantly higher than for most other teams though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe you're right about it, let me put it that way. The drop-off in performance with the Packers having to replace a starter is significantly higher than for most other teams though.

I would agree with you about that when it comes to left tackle. The interior may well be in that boat as well, though it's unclear how Murphy might play at guard if called on. I do think that Barclay can be serviceable inside if need be, but we obviously don't have him for a while. I think Murphy did strong work as a backup RT though.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahktiari is a franchise type LT though

Many teams don't have an immediate LT who can replace that if an injury happens

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bahktiari is a franchise type LT though

Many teams don't have an immediate LT who can replace that if an injury happens

True, but at this point in his development Spriggs doesn't look capable of being even passable as Murphy was against Seattle. The hole in his game re: interior moves is too glaring.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but at this point in his development Spriggs doesn't look capable of being even passable as Murphy was against Seattle. The hole in his game re: interior moves is too glaring.

Yeah I know

We can only hope he can develop into something, especially being a 2nd round pick and all

Reaction score
We're one game (a WIN!) into the season. I'm going to give the O the benefit of the doubt as they just matched up with arguably the best defensive unit in all of football. If we're 6 games in and having a tough time breaking 20, I'm all ears. As of right now though, I'm going to take some of AR's advice and R-E-L-A-X...

G P G ??
I see........ May we safely say that this makes your position that you are a Sooner waiting for Later?? :whistling:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I would agree with you about that when it comes to left tackle. The interior may well be in that boat as well, though it's unclear how Murphy might play at guard if called on. I do think that Barclay can be serviceable inside if need be, but we obviously don't have him for a while. I think Murphy did strong work as a backup RT though.

Murphy did a decent job protecting Rodgers' right side but I don't consider his performance to have been strong on Sunday. There's no reason to feel comfortable about any other backup currently on the roster though.

Latest posts