despite weapons, offense needs another piece

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have a ton of talent on offense but I feel one more piece is needed. Dion Lewis from New England would be a great addition, and create a one-two punch of talented receiving backs with Ty Montgomery. If Ty goes down we are lost......

Dion would add great depth and he is lost in the mix in New England with Gillislee, White and now Burkhead

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
1. I think the offense has plenty of potency.

2. I see no scenario where Belichick would strength the offense of the Packers, given that they are obviously perennial Super Bowl contenders.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not really..

All those cheap little throws... and I felt more "motioning" Ty out of the backfield to line on the outside should have been done btw... are PERFECT for the O.

I don't believe Geronimo even got any looks and we could go empty sets easy with him.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not really..

All those cheap little throws... and I felt more "motioning" Ty out of the backfield to line on the outside should have been done btw... are PERFECT for the O.

I don't believe Geronimo even got any looks and we could go empty sets easy with him.

Ughhh how many times do we gotta spell it out for people? Geronimo Allison was SUSPENDED for week 1.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O-Line could do with another "piece", in all honesty. 4 sacks allowed is atrocious. We need AR healthy for full season and he can only scramble so much.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agreed with the O line statement. But I think we could use a lineman for either depth at tackle or a good run blocker.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O-Line could do with another "piece", in all honesty. 4 sacks allowed is atrocious. We need AR healthy for full season and he can only scramble so much.

The majority of those sacks was Rodgers holding onto the ball so long.

People really gave grown to accustomed to Rodgers getting 6+ seconds to throw.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1) Did you see who we played? They're kinda good.

2) Rodgers held on to the ball for a long time. That certainly played a role.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't believe the offense needs another piece. If they can't get it done with this group, it's not a personnel problem.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
1) Did you see who we played? They're kinda good.

2) Rodgers held on to the ball for a long time. That certainly played a role.
I don't believe the offense needs another piece. If they can't get it done with this group, it's not a personnel problem.
While I certainly agree that this team should have enough to get it done based on what we've seen, the team would greatly benefit from additional depth on the o-line. Injuries could really derail that unit, although I do think Murphy did quite well given the competition.

Now losing Bakh (God forbid) would be catastrophic.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle has a deep and talented secondary even without Lane and they excel at bump n run coverage. So we start our first drive with stack sets on every play, and move the ball effectively with Seattle forced to play away with zone concepts. Then Lane goes out and we respond by going spread ISO on pretty much every passing play. Seattle, as night follows day, squats on our routes and shuts our offense down. Our guys cant get open, what with them getting mugged and molested every step, and Rodgers gets sacked 4 times. Second half we go back to heavy use of stack sets and man beater routes and once again Seattle has to play off, Packers suddenly can move the ball again.

This is something that has driven me nuts with this team for years, but when confronted with top notch man cover corners try to force them to play zone and eureka they're suddenly not as good. New Orleans used to do this to us all of the time when we had great bump and run corners. I don't know if its Rodgers or MM but there has been a certain knuckle-headedness to our offense for years now.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
While I certainly agree that this team should have enough to get it done based on what we've seen, the team would greatly benefit from additional depth on the o-line. Injuries could really derail that unit, although I do think Murphy did quite well given the competition.

Now losing Bakh (God forbid) would be catastrophic.

Yes, absolutely. I would agree that they have questionable OL depth, like most teams and improving there would be a big boost to their contingency plans.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This offense has all the pieces it needs to be just as good, if not better than it was last year, especially once Bulaga is back. Although they struggled to maintain drives yesterday, it was against a pretty talented defense as well as the first game of the year. Once BB is back at right tackle, Evans realizes AR holds the ball longer than most and he can't get caught holding....all will be fine....barring injuries to more than one starter on the OL or Rodgers.

This was a good test for Murphy and I think he just won himself the backup tackle position. Maybe this will motivate Spriggs into getting better.

I'm still a bit frustrated looking around the league and seeing mid to late round rookie running backs playing a lot better than what we have, but give Williams, Jones and Mays some time and who knows.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I would agree that they have questionable OL depth, like most teams and improving there would be a big boost to their contingency plans.
And I'll freely admit that we have been blessed with great o-line play/depth. Most teams would kill for what we have.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
While I certainly agree that this team should have enough to get it done based on what we've seen, the team would greatly benefit from additional depth on the o-line. Injuries could really derail that unit,
Ri-i-i-ight. Just go out and get a probowl caliber LT to sit on the bench in case we need him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We don't need anymore weapons. I was at the game and it was very physical. We actually out-punched the Seahawks at there own game. By the mid 4th quarter there hands were on there hips and they were gassed. Not sure why we stopped running the ball and threw it 3 times in a row but great game.

This offense has all the weapons it a needs. We just need Bulaga to get healthy.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah. They just need some time to heat up into mid season form. I fully expect them to round into juggernaut status and become a top unit within a month or so. As long as they stay relatively healthy

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider signing another vet OL a "weapon" but depending on the long term and really short term health of Bulaga, I could see the value of shoring up our OL depth with one more guy that is able to play both the G and T positions. Again, Murphy may be that guy at tackle, I will let the coaches decide that before I pass judgement.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aga2int a great d our line did great. Hopefully gmo will help our recivers. No confidence in davis right now

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about it, but did Rodgers tweak his ankle against the Seahawks?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sounded like he just got stepped on a few times and took some clear kicks to the shins for the most part, they hurt, but shouldn't linger. Heard nothing more than that in his presser

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. I think the offense has plenty of potency.

2. I see no scenario where Belichick would strength the offense of the Packers, given that they are obviously perennial Super Bowl contenders.

Are you kidding? Bill Belichick trades with anyone and everyone for the right price. Even in their own division. NE makes more trades then anyone in the NFL.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well this was a pretty damn good Dline, similar to when the Vikes had Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen... if not BETTER actually

If Bakhtiari/ANY franchise LT goes down... any team is f***ed honestly so I wouldn't say immediate depth is needed there but a swing Tackle who can play both LT and RT is essential for most teams.

Yeah I would like to see Spriggs start to produce now, especially him being a 2nd round pick, but we can only hope

Our running game didn't look too hot but honestly most wanted Cook/Mixon and Mixon didn't do crap... Ironically I have Mixon and Hunt on my FF team and started Dixon over Hunt

Fournette we would never have a chance at..

I'm happy with Ty as alot of those cheap little throws and (going forward) i'm assuming motioning him out of the backfield for passes will be valuable for our offense

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts