1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Jermichael, shut the f up

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    *shakes head*

Confidence is good. Great even. In private. The last thing we need is to give Minnesota MORE motivation.

I just... there's times I wish we could sequester him in a room without reporters and without Twitter. Because dude needs to learn when to not say what he's thinking.

I'd imagine "It's not going to be tough at all" is already on the Vikings bulletin board.

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
  3. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    10000000X Agreed. This guy was fun to listen to at first, but he's been throwing bulletin board material ALL season...

He has toned it down a little, so I think that he's already had "Talks" with the coaches/teammates about it.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I just don't like giving teams any added motivation.

I'd like us to be like the Patriots. Nobody talks junk to the media. Just go about our business on the field and let that do the talking.

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    No one says anything dumb on the Patriots because they'd get the wrath of Bellicheck, whats Mcarthy gonna do? Tell him to "work on it" in practice?

I actually liked the statement, Jennings + Driver + Finley = the best receiving corp in the league. Our second stringers are starting material on more than half the NFL teams (maybe not #1's, but can be #2's)

6. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Who gives a crap.

Moss is just another player.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I don't see any trash talking.
    That would be something I'd be upset about.
    I see it as a calm opinion and reassurance to not be concerned about Moss.

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I would call saying "It's not going to be tough at all" about playing the Vikings trash talking.

Mild trash, but still.

Like I said, I'd like to be like the Pats in this regard. Everyone shuts up, speaks the party line, and we do our talking on the field.

9. GreenBayTheOnlyWay

GreenBayTheOnlyWay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Moss is an emotional player. That contract extension still up in the air? Why do you think Revis got on top of him as soon as he found out he was covering him this weekend. "Randy Moss quit early in week 2" etc. It always works.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    We each have our own viewpoints on this and I'm cool with that. :give_rose:

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I bet that Finley will have better stats than Randy Moss in both games.

12. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    While I do adore Fins and his willingness to speak his mind, he has the balls to back him up, I just think sometimes this talk can be counter productive. You have to watch what you say, everything you say to the point of almost scripting yourself. Talk like this can motivate our team but at the same time it also motives the Vikings and they are already over the moon with Moss. We don't wanna feed their heads. So cork it, Fins! We know we got it goin on, we just don't need to engage the enemy!

13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I dunno, I don't see it as trash talking. Moss is just another player. Also I kind of like GB having some swagger for a change. Pat's players, and coaches are the most BORING people in the world to listen to talk.

If the Vikes need motivation to get up for a game in Lambeau against us, they have more to worry about than Finley talking.

14. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Right on!

15. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    everyone making a big deal over his comment didnt read his whole comment. the media is sensationalizing a small portion of it.

read up, or shut up.

16. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I read the whole thing. There was a part where he was very complimentary of Moss.

Doesn't make the other part any better, imo. I still wish he wouldn't have said it.

17. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Agreed. He's awful cocky for a guy who's yet to make it to a pro-bowl. I really wish he would just STFU and let his play on the field do the talking.

18. FatBoiFreshh

FatBoiFreshh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i could go for less moss talk the game will be more intense with hurt feeling but totally agree with finely i guess we should be shy since we're better than them now

19. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    And with that, Rodgers better stats than Favre. Although, I'm interested to see how much coverage we roll towards Moss, opening up Shiancoe and Harvin.

20. Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This made me love Jermichael so much more!!!

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    who cares who has better stats, Packers win is all I care a bout

Moss and Brett could have 500 yards and 10 Td I dont give a rats a@@

22. NYC Cheesehead

NYC Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It could be worse...Finley could be on the Jets with Rex Ryan patting his back for cocky comments hahaha.....what a mess that team is, unfortunately they are good.

I think Randy Moss will only have a moderate effect on the Vikings offense....they will be better but I dont think by the amount most the media is assuming,

23. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    considering the pats werent using him at all i think hes to the point where he draws coverage on name alone and really is nothing like hte threat of old. i see no reason other than hype to say the vikes are much improved.

24. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    I like what he said, but thats just me.

25. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Moss can't even run some routes. He's very limited in the versatility he brings to the table. At least that is what the NFL network analysts were going on about. Take it for what it's worth. And if Brett keeps trying to force feed him the ball. INTs will happen.