Day 2 targets

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
This is just a list of guys that I think we should target for various reasons tommorow:

Ernest Shazor- S- Michigan
Donte Nicholson- S - NC State
Antajj Hawthorne- DT- Wisconsin
Lance Mitchell- ILB- Oklahoma
Sean Considine- S- Iowa
Jovan Haye- DE -Vanderbilt
Dan Buennign- OG- Wisconsin
Elton Brown- OG- Virginia
Ciatrick Fason- RB- Florida

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those guys are too well known for GB to pick up. I am sure GB is trying to find a few flyers in the Ivy League and a couple from Canada or some other outpost w/out a football program.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moving on up

I think J.T O'Sullivan is now worth trading for what we can get.

Perhaps we can use him as part of trade to move up. Our three picks in 4th round are late. Perhaps too late.

What was Denver thinking with Clarett when Marion Barber is on the board??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mattresell said:
This is just a list of guys that I think we should target for various reasons tommorow:

Donte Nicholson- S - NC State
Antajj Hawthorne- DT- Wisconsin
Lance Mitchell- ILB- Oklahoma
Sean Considine- S- Iowa
Jovan Haye- DE -Vanderbilt
Dan Buennign- OG- Wisconsin
Elton Brown- OG- Virginia
Ciatrick Fason- RB- Florida

I dunno much bout any of them cept for what ESPN has told me. I think RB would be a waste though. I do see it was last on your list so I assume you feel its a last resort need if the upper tier players are taken before him.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Barber would be a steal with one of those fourth round choices. Barber is a good back and returns kicks.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
I think that Barber would be a steal with one of those fourth round choices. Barber is a good back and returns kicks.
Next year - Batman is due for some changes contract wise - and he's getting older....

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
Always liked this guy. He plays like a linebacker. The guy is 6 4 and hits like a train. Has a nose for the ball and seams to make big plays all the time.

and when you play in front of 120,000 people, it translates well to the nfl.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
shazor still available?

yeah...as a strong safety he could turn into the John Lynch-type intimidating hitter we've never had...or if he has to move to linebacker because of size he can be an above average quick linebacker with good cover skills and we know he can tackle...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick 143 - they went Center - to replace Flanigan? One wonders....
Stil very weak on Defensive choices.... Jim Bates had better be right!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Pick 143 - they went Center - to replace Flanigan? One wonders....
Stil very weak on Defensive choices.... Jim Bates had better be right!

I didn't think we needed o-line at all, O'Dwyer and Klemm were signed to replace Wahle and Rivera, we have Ruegamer to be our backup guard/center...what is this Coston guy gonna do for us?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed - plus we still have Scott Wells....

Brett Favre comentary in an article awhile back was he totally forgot Scott Wells was even in replace-ing the normal starting Center - that's a compliment for those of you in Viking Country rootin for those ID-10-T's....

So - now we're actually rebuilding the Offense more for the leaving of Brett Favre than anything else - it seems that way....

We have round 5 now to get on more pick and two in round 6... We'll see!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
We have round 5 now to get on more pick and two in round 6... We'll see!

I think its key that we get an interior d-lineman. Grady Jackson is 33, injury prone, our defense crumbled without him. Cleditus Hunt, even when he plays well for us, is not a run-stuffing type, Cullen Jenkins is smaller, can penetrate the pocket from DT, Kenny Peterson is undersized--we need some 320+ lb. defensive tackle...

Unless...do we think that highly of Donnell Washington and James Lee? I didn't hear much from them this year but I see theyre still on our depth charts, thoughts...

Maybe if we're lucky we'll pawn off O'Sullivan for a 7th rounder...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Lee is considered by Bates as a project under scrutiny....
Donnell had a semi-decent rookie year as things go... not all that much playing time, really. But - this year, they will put him to the test. I still feel that HUNT IS GONE... If Lee can settle down and focus on film, etc... he may turn out to be a surprise... I have a pretty good feeling about Donnell - but I'm just a fan... so.. who the heck knows!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
James Lee is considered by Bates as a project under scrutiny....
Donnell had a semi-decent rookie year as things go... not all that much playing time, really. But - this year, they will put him to the test. I still feel that HUNT IS GONE... If Lee can settle down and focus on film, etc... he may turn out to be a surprise... I have a pretty good feeling about Donnell - but I'm just a fan... so.. who the heck knows!

Donnell was a pick I was excited about last year, some said he would be a high pick this year if he stayed his Sr. year...I wish we could've cut Cleditus loose and found a way to save Sharper, Wahle or Rivera...maybe we can release him June 1st and sign a free agent DT such as Ellis Johnson, save some cash, and he can't be that much worse than Cleditus; a good athlete, really played well for 2-3 seasons but just gave up during 2004.

I'm confident Jim Bates knows what he's doing. The part that eases me is he can't be worse than Slowik. Now, the Packers will have steady blitzing packages, no longer "blitz at will and hang our corners out alone"...I like this Poppinga kid we drafted, I think he can be brought in to rush off the edge on passing downs.

Members online

Latest posts