Davon House taking his leadership role seriously

D

Deleted member 6794

You don't see the change? First, he has been stacking the dline for the first time ever. He has been keeping who he has, adding Francois in fa. Adding high draft picks, 1St, 3rd and 4th rounders in last two years.... he plans to play more 3 man fronts, and man coverage with bigger, stronger, more physical starting CBs. King, Jones, and free agent house, are proof of that. Totally outside of Ted Thompson's norm.
Thompson keeps 5 Dlinemen, two of which are usually rookie projects. Totally abandons the trenches on defense imo. He concentrates on olbs and developed ilbs from late Round picks. Then he plays 5'11" 190 pound CBs...
Now he has house who is slightly bigger at 6' 195. But he is mean. He plays scrappy, like Al Harris used to. King, who is 6'3"! Then he drafts 6'1", 220 pound cb/s to play ilb. Highest pick spent on ilb since hawk. Then we let half the olbs go, and only draft a 4th rounder?
It's like he did a total 180!

The only difference I have noticed so far is that the Packers most likely plan on using a hybrid safety/linebacker more often. You have to realize the coaching staff already tried that with Burnett occasionally last season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The only difference I have noticed so far is that the Packers most likely plan on using a hybrid safety/linebacker more often. You have to realize the coaching staff already tried that with Burnett occasionally last season.
I like the idea of using Burnett as a hybrid LB. makes better use of his skills imo. I can see Jones getting a few snaps in that role as well just to see how he handles it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like the idea of using Burnett as a hybrid LB. makes better use of his skills imo. I can see Jones getting a few snaps in that role as well just to see how he handles it.

I agree the Packers should use Burnett as a hybrid linebacker/safety on possible run downs but would prefer the team lining up Jones in that role on obvious passing plays. In my opinion the rookie won't get any significant snaps as a true safety though.

Members online