Davon House is ready to go????

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

FRNTHVY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Devon play some snaps for sure. I thought he had a very nice preseason.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hope he can knock that rust off......I think that our current secondary aint to shabby, the rookies and youngsters have shined the most so far. Woodson has lost a step for sure. He is still good, but he has dropped a few potential picks.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This might be a proper game to get him some work and see where he is.. I would wager the Rams will be playing catch up and trying to throw the ball around the yard some this weekend. Shields as well might need as few reps as possible.. that is if he even goes.

Personally, I think Haywood could fill in as well.. so no need to rush him back. If House needs another week.. so be it.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we need to get him out there to see what he can do with that harness on. I won't expect him to look like he did in the preseason with that thing on.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope he's telling the truth as reported in that article and the harness won't restrict him much. Maybe I'm just gun-shy from watching Tramon last season but his shoulder injury reduced his effectiveness drastically. I hope House's shoulder hasn't lost as much strength as Tramon's did but the injury itself probably means House won't be as aggressive as he was in preseason. In his brief preseason appearances he was extremely impressive IMO - both in coverage and being physical. Right after the injury I wondered if it wouldn't be wiser to IR him and get him completely healthy for next season. I'd hate to see him jeopardize that by re-injuring that shoulder.

With the way House played in preseason and the way Shields and Hayward have played so far this season, the Packers have some impressive young talent at CB.

Reaction score
This guy was going to be our second starting CB if it wasn't for the injury. So this is a huge addition for us. Who knows how long Shields injury will be for. He might lose his starting spot if Hayward continues to shine and House comes back and looks good.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a huge addition to this ailing defense. This guy is great. Like somebody said above he was slated to be our #2 CB before his injury. This really adds depth from top to bottom now.

Tramon Williams
Charles Woodson*
Sam Shields
Casey Hayward
Jarrett Bush
Davon House

*Charles plays a versatile role in the defense.

What a great group of guys and talent that is. I'd put them up against just about anybody. My only wish is a true bump and run corner. But it seems that's been getting phased out of the NFL as of late too.

H

HardRightEdge

Hayward has acquitted himself well. He's next man up behind Shields.

If House is active, it will be for insurance. The guy has shown promise, but he's handicapped by limited game experience plus the harness.

With Woodson as swing man, there's several ways to go in dime using the beloved Bush and the young safeties in line before House.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might I temper the enthusiasm here regarding House? I don't know if I'm remembering right, but didn't the guy play in less than one preseason game? Like he had a nice play or two, but it's anyone's guess as to how good this kid is. He hardly layed last year, and we're all saying this kid is something special based off of half of a pre-season game. Also...if his injury is like Tramon's he's gonna have a hard time.

Not trying to be a negative Nate here...just keeping it real. Also, I think they're saying Shields didn't practice at all today he's likely not suiting up Sunday. I would think if he doesn't go then House should at least be active? Heyward has looked pretty sharp...Tramon is a little inconsistant but our coverage ability this year (with Shields' improvement) is ten times what it was last year. Biggest vulnerability is the inside LB's.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I was at the game above the end zone in which he was defending. Did it look like on tv he could've had 2 INTs had he turned around? He seemed to be staring down the receiver and no clue of where the ball was. But, my perspective may have been off in live game and I'll have to watch the recorded game.

Members online

Latest posts