Dave Robinson--HoF Senior Nominee

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy any time a packer gets nominated.

He is also a great guy from my interactions with him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So happy for him. You have to love the story he tells about how he asked the equipment manager to give him brown gloves before the Ice Bowl because Lombardi would not be able to tell they were gloves.

He made so many plays that go unnoticed. If I am not mistaken we were playing the Colts late in 1965 and facing elimination. In the 2nd quarter with the score at 14-13 and the Colts right near out goal line Willie Davis charges in and gets his hands in the face of Gary Cuozzo the pass hangs up enough toward the corner and Robbie leaps up and snares it. He took it all the way deep in Colt territory leading to a pivotal score which helped us win the game and stay alive.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's elected, it blows the theory of too many of Lombardi's players in the HOF already.
Dave definitely deserves it and I'm as happy as anyone to see him nominated. However, I also wonder if he got a little boost from voters "eager" to show that Kramer wasn't getting in for other reasons besides the old too-many-Lombardi-guys in the HOF

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very happy for Dave Robinson as he deserves enshrinement, but wonder why Jerry Kramer is not on that list..?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Very happy any time a packer gets nominated.

He is also a great guy from my interactions with him.

True. He is a gracious man. We were stunned when he took his SB rings off and handed them to my adult sons to hold while we talked. He hasn't forgotten he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts