1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dave Robinson--HoF Senior Nominee

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gwh11, Aug 22, 2012.

1. gwh11

gwh11 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +89
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    Very happy any time a packer gets nominated.

He is also a great guy from my interactions with him.

3. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +487
    Remember the 66 championship? Robby came through as he did many times.

4. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    So happy for him. You have to love the story he tells about how he asked the equipment manager to give him brown gloves before the Ice Bowl because Lombardi would not be able to tell they were gloves.

He made so many plays that go unnoticed. If I am not mistaken we were playing the Colts late in 1965 and facing elimination. In the 2nd quarter with the score at 14-13 and the Colts right near out goal line Willie Davis charges in and gets his hands in the face of Gary Cuozzo the pass hangs up enough toward the corner and Robbie leaps up and snares it. He took it all the way deep in Colt territory leading to a pivotal score which helped us win the game and stay alive.

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    If he's elected, it blows the theory of too many of Lombardi's players in the HOF already.

6. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +488
    Happy that Dave Robinson is a nominee... Sad that Jerry Kramer is still sitting out there waiting!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,476
    Dave definitely deserves it and I'm as happy as anyone to see him nominated. However, I also wonder if he got a little boost from voters "eager" to show that Kramer wasn't getting in for other reasons besides the old too-many-Lombardi-guys in the HOF

8. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I'm very happy for Dave Robinson as he deserves enshrinement, but wonder why Jerry Kramer is not on that list..?

9. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,383
    True. He is a gracious man. We were stunned when he took his SB rings off and handed them to my adult sons to hold while we talked. He hasn't forgotten he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.