Davante

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see absolutely no reason to play Davante the rest of the season. Don't care if they clear him or not. We know what we have in him and unfortunately the rest of the league does also.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Let's see what some of the youngsters can do. I would like to see Clark get some action.

No reason to play Adams and risk anything.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of scenarios where he passes the protocol and plays this weekend. Just as there are some where he doesn't. If goes thru everything easily and he basically will have to, to make it thru everything and not have any return of symptoms and take part in full activity before Saturday, there is no reason he can't or shouldn't play. Other guys are still playing to win, playing for jobs. QB is the only exception to the rule and even that is on a limited basis.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you know anything about the Vikings, you know we need Devante Adams to win Sunday and that there is no reason to want to lose.

I’m really getting tired of hearing you say this. Nobody cares about winning at this point if winning is only going to drop us down in the draft order. “B-b-but you play to win!” No, at this stage, you play to evaluate the talent you have on the roster before you shut it down for the season. The only benefit to winning against the Vikings is messing up their chances at playoff positioning. Why would we risk our obvious new #1 WR for a meaningless game because YOU want to win?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd probably guess there are a fair number of guys in that locker room that want to win on Saturday too. Has nothing to do with me, or her, or you.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m really getting tired of hearing you say this. Nobody cares about winning at this point if winning is only going to drop us down in the draft order. “B-b-but you play to win!” No, at this stage, you play to evaluate the talent you have on the roster before you shut it down for the season. The only benefit to winning against the Vikings is messing up their chances at playoff positioning. Why would we risk our obvious new #1 WR for a meaningless game because YOU want to win?

The Packers want to win. All this stuff about tanking for a higher draft pick is based on assumptions that make absolutely no sense because they are obviously wrong. Of course playing the younger guys is good, but only if they play to win. This is Minnesota. I would do anything short of putting injured players at risk to beat the Vikings.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers want to win. All this stuff about tanking for a higher draft pick is based on assumptions that make absolutely no sense because they are obviously wrong. Of course playing the younger guys is good, but only if they play to win. This is Minnesota. I would do anything short of putting injured players at risk to beat the Vikings.

And that is my point. You want to beat the big bad Vikings so badly that you would throw everything and the kitchen sink to get it. If the FO felt the same way as you, Rodgers wouldn’t have gotten put back on IR, oh wait he did.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that is my point. You want to beat the big bad Vikings so badly that you would throw everything and the kitchen sink to get it. If the FO felt the same way as you, Rodgers wouldn’t have gotten put back on IR, oh wait he did.

I clealry stated I would not put injured players at risk, meaning if a player is not ready to play, he shouldn't. If that means ruling out Aaron Rodgers, so be it. But I don't want anyone who steps on the field to treat it like a preseason game,

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I clealry stated I would not put injured players at risk, meaning if a player is not ready to play, he shouldn't. If that means ruling out Aaron Rodgers, so be it. But I don't want anyone who steps on the field to treat it like a preseason game,

It's not a preseason game. That's why it's so valuable to see what we have with some of the younger guys with live bullets flying. I hate the Queens as much as anyone but this game has lost its story book narrative the second we lost to Carolina.

The other and bigger agenda at this point is getting at least Capers out of here so the insanity can stop and were hopefully not doing the same old thing again next year. I know it's hard for you but we need to look to the future. If losing meant getting rid of Capers and TT then sign me up at this point.

Otherwise you might want to go watch the movie "Ground Hog Day" because that's what some of us are living in regards to the Packers organization.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay don’t resign him I bet he goes to Minnesota lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why put Adams at further risk these last 2 games? Shut him down and hope he doesn't end up following the path of Sam Shields. Adams has had three concussions in the past 14 months and who knows how many prior to those.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why put Adams at further risk these last 2 games? Shut him down and hope he doesn't end up following the path of Sam Shields. Adams has had three concussions in the past 14 months and who knows how many prior to those.
No one wants to lose Adams, but if we're going to, better to find that out now than in Game Two of next season.
Anyway, Hundley will probably feel better with Adams out there.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These concussions have put us (and Adams) in a real crappy position.

He's a no-brainer extension candidate on the surface, but with multiple head injuries, do you want to risk it? Give him a 4-5 year deal and possibly have him out of the league after 2?

It would not be the worst thing in the world to let him play out 2018 under the franchise tag and see how things go while investing a pick or two in more WR talent.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of the 1st-stringers should play in the final 2 games. Give the youngsters and "cut line" players a chance to perform. We pretty much already know what to expect from everyone else.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
None of the 1st-stringers should play in the final 2 games. Give the youngsters and "cut line" players a chance to perform. We pretty much already know what to expect from everyone else.

I doubt we will see the Packers approach this like the 4th exhibition game of the year, but in my mind, you do start emptying the bench and get as many snaps for the younger guys as you possibly can. Sure, I love to win games, but I would rather bank those wins for 2018 by finding out more about the future talent.

The Packers aren't going to go out and intentionally tank a home game on National TV, but I don't think many would fault them for playing deep into the roster, not to "rest starters", but for the bottom of the roster to gain valuable experience.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding Davante's concussions. What I don't understand is the players themselves. They are all about protecting their bodies...less padded practices, etc. Then twice is one season Adams gets knocked out of a game by an obviously targeted hit. Rodgers gets injured by a player who doesn't care who he hurts. We talk about the league needing to come down on the players. What about the players coming down on each other.

I think the Packers should play to win but not put players in who have been in concussion protocol twice. It's not worth it. I am also ok with sitting Rodgers. They have to make sure they plan for the future as well as now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rogers is a gamer, I can see why he is publically saying "hey, I really wanted to play". However, I bet deep down, he really isn't that crushed by the decision to be put on IR and give Hundley and Callahan needed playing time in the process.

Adams is a bit of a different story IMO. He wants to maximize his next contract and not playing could hurt that some. Personally, I think he had the year that will allow him to make pretty decent $$ on his next contract, but padding his stats some more, wouldn't hurt.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with letting young guys play and find out if they can or not. But part of that is making sure Hundley has people to throw the ball too. I'm not saying Davante has to play, but if he makes it thru the protocol there really isn't a need to keep him out either. He got rocked no doubt, and was diagnosed with a concussion. in today's day, sometimes just the hit is enough to diagnose a concussion, doesn't always mean there was damage to the brain. I know it's hard to understand how that can be, because it looked so violent, but it can, it has and I think hard hits and concussions are actually more rare than we might think. The way he came back from the first and like I said before, he'd have to pass everything with flying colors to be cleared already to play on Saturday, there probably isn't much danger. Give Hundley his best passing target, I'd have no worries.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a preseason game. That's why it's so valuable to see what we have with some of the younger guys with live bullets flying. I hate the Queens as much as anyone but this game has lost its story book narrative the second we lost to Carolina.

The other and bigger agenda at this point is getting at least Capers out of here so the insanity can stop and were hopefully not doing the same old thing again next year. I know it's hard for you but we need to look to the future. If losing meant getting rid of Capers and TT then sign me up at this point.

Otherwise you might want to go watch the movie "Ground Hog Day" because that's what some of us are living in regards to the Packers organization.
I'm pretty sure the team is not going to tank this game so that they can fire DOM Capers lol.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just worry that he is more vulnerable so soon after the hit and also because it was at least his 2nd of the year. Also, sure, I would like to beat the vikings but... discretion is the better part of valor. :)