Davante Adams out with Covid

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kylin Hill also had the first carry of the game. Could have been part of the game plan rotation.
That was an interesting formation and one I think we will continue to see, especially tomorrow night. Jones lines up in the slot on the left and went into motion. Might even be fun to see all 3 backs on the field at the same time. Dillon and Hill lined up in the backfield, with Jones doing the same thing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kylin Hill also had the first carry of the game. Could have been part of the game plan rotation.
I was remembering the same thing. Hill was on tap to get some carries last week.

In general though, this is not the time for LeFluer to go all Mike McCarthy and keep one of his top RBs in the doghouse because he made a mistake. Allow him to be a man, learn from it, and go redeem himself against AZ.

If our backup WRs are going to have any chance against AZ it's got to be because we establish the running game with Jones & Dillon, use Hill on screens, etc.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lazard out because the clown can't get a shot. Time to give him his unconditional release

As much as I wish everyone got vaccinated, he was given the option (wasn't mandatory), so how do you justify cutting him? Do you cut Davante, who is vaccinated, yet tested positive? Maybe Davante was hanging out unmasked with someone who was infected and in turn, he infected Lazard.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Davante didn't travel with the team, no real surprise there. They also haven't released any news on his tests yesterday or today, that I have seen. If he tests negative twice, 24 hrs apart....fire up the Packer Jet!

According to PFF’s Doug Kyed, the “current expectation” is that Valdes-Scantling will play versus the undefeated Cardinals.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Lazard is not required to get vaccinated and he does not choose to be vaccinated then that's his choice. It would be great if everyone believed in the vaccines and chose to be vacciated, but that's never going to happen.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole issue is not suprising given the cavalier lip service the NFL in general is giving to COVID. It’s like driving blind drunk because you have a seat belt and an airbag. Anyone who feigns suprise that fans or players are spreading it is delusional.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This whole issue is not suprising given the cavalier lip service the NFL in general is giving to COVID. It’s like driving blind drunk because you have a seat belt and an airbag. Anyone who feigns suprise that fans or players are spreading it is delusional.
Something I noticed and was surprised to see, was players jumping into the stands, hugging and high fivng teammates and opponents.

All one has to do is look at what is currently going on in countries like Russia and Romania. They have some of the lowest vaccination rates and they are seeing numbers worse than when covid was at its peak elsewhere.

My grandmother used to say to me, "PB, denial is a river in East Africa, accept that you were wrong."

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals listed Hopkins as questionable for tonight's game. Maybe the Packers catch a bit of brake and he won't be able to play.
Reports have Hopkins playing tonight even though he's not 100%. Shows the difference between the Packers who are extremely cautious with MVS and the Cardinals who are willing to let Hopkins play. I always thought that the Packers are extra cautious as a strategy to resign players to their second contract. Players may notice that their careers could last a bit longer with the Packers ultra cautios strategy and be willing to negotiate more.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports have Hopkins playing tonight even though he's not 100%. Shows the difference between the Packers who are extremely cautious with MVS and the Cardinals who are willing to let Hopkins play. I always thought that the Packers are extra cautious as a strategy to resign players to their second contract. Players may notice that their careers could last a bit longer with the Packers ultra cautios strategy and be willing to negotiate more.
Without knowing or being a part of the medical examinations of MVS and Hopkins how in the world are you drawing such a large conclusion?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Without knowing or being a part of the medical examinations of MVS and Hopkins how in the world are you drawing such a large conclusion?
He Googled it?

Even if Hopkins is limited or sits out, that is one impressive receiver group.

A.J. Green, Rondale Moore and Christian Kirk, plus TE Zach Ertz.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopkins could have the slightest of a strain where for all we all know MVS had a significant one or rupture...no details are disclosed to the forum. I guarantee you with Lazard out, Adams out and MVS in a contract year if he could go he for sure would be.

Reaction score
Something I noticed and was surprised to see, was players jumping into the stands, hugging and high fivng teammates and opponents.

All one has to do is look at what is currently going on in countries like Russia and Romania. They have some of the lowest vaccination rates and they are seeing numbers worse than when covid was at its peak elsewhere.

My grandmother used to say to me, "PB, denial is a river in East Africa, accept that you were wrong."
She really called you PB?.. awww
That is such a sweet term of endearment.

As far as that vaccine? I just know they’re using it to watch me.. and I knew how crazy I was.. so I took it just to confuse them

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
She really called you PB?.. awww
That is such a sweet term of endearment.

As far as that vaccine? I just know they’re using it to watch me.. and I knew how crazy I was.. so I took it just to confuse them
I feel sorry for the poor b@stard having to keep an eye on you....... and me.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember last season when the Packers and Falcons were going to play. Both Davante Adams and Julio Jones were hurt. The Packers sat Adams, who came back the following week and played the rest of the season. Jones played hurt but reinjured his hamstring, causing him to sit out the second half and miss more games.

Often the medical staff has to protect players from themselves. To be honest, it's refreshing to see a team that doesn't push their players to play through injuries. As a fan, I recognize that these are men who have to deal with these injuries long after their playing careers end.

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the poor b@stard having to keep an eye on you....... and me.
Haha. True that. Boy are WE going to throw the study into a tailspin!
I have a relative that is dumber than dumb (I’m not being judgemental.. just stating a truth). I’m totally ok with respecting people’s right to choose btw. But He told my wife he wasn’t taking that shot because he just knew they’d be watching him.
I told my wife I’ve got news! He’s the LAST person in this continent they’d want to watch! They’d get dumber within minutes of tracking him. If him being tracked is the new low for government ? then we’ve got much, much worse problems than Covid!

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha. True that. Boy are WE going to throw the study into a tailspin!
I have a relative that is dumber than dumb (I’m not being judgemental.. just stating a truth). I’m totally ok with respecting people’s right to choose btw. But He told my wife he wasn’t taking that shot because he just knew they’d be watching him.
I told my wife I’ve got news! He’s the LAST person in this continent they’d want to watch! They’d get dumber within minutes of tracking him. If him being tracked is the new low for government ? then we’ve got much, much worse problems than Covid!
I admit that from time to time, I still flip my shoulder the double bird just to remind the poor b@stard I know he's watching and tracking me. :)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 weeks is pretty long to sit out for a hamstring. Most of the time, players miss 1 to 3 weeks. He either had a really bad pull or the Packers are cautious which other people have also noted over the years. You'd better believe the players notice if they are pushed back before they are healed up. The Packers have done a good job signing guys to their second contract without killing their cap. An example is Adam's second contract. Same with Jordy. While no fan has inside information, some aspects of the Packers management style can still surmised by their personnel moves.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah, mine sets off metal detectors, my Waze app and all the dogs in the neighborhood....damn Big Brother!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
5 weeks is pretty long to sit out for a hamstring. Most of the time, players miss 1 to 3 weeks. He either had a really bad pull or the Packers are cautious which other people have also noted over the years. You'd better believe the players notice if they are pushed back before they are healed up. The Packers have done a good job signing guys to their second contract without killing their cap. An example is Adam's second contract. Same with Jordy. While no fan has inside information, some aspects of the Packers management style can still surmised by their personnel moves.
I think the new IR rules have a bit to do with it and just one of the reasons I hope they leave it in place. Players aren't being rushed back due to eating up a roster spot. I think too often that has happened and the player just ends up aggravating the same injury.

Packers have proven that their depth at quite a few position has been pretty good, so I don't mind the cautious approach. Especially if it means a healthier team around playoff time.