Davante Adams out with Covid

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Davante actually have it? Could just be that he was in close proximity to someone who did. Hopefully that's all it was and that he could play after two negative tests.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh...damn...this is just bad timing for Adams - Barry too. Next man up! Winfree or Blair? Malik is on the 19 list w Adams.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam's would need two negative tests 24 hours apart to play. Unlikely he would be on the list if he didn't have it. While he could be listed if he were in close proximity to someone like Joe Barry who has Covid, it wouldn't make sense to just list Adams. The whole team was likely in close proximity to Joe Barry. I don't see the Packers putting the whole team on the Covid list. Weird situation. If Adams has Covid, the likelihood that he is alone is probably low. If Adams has Covid, then the whole team was close to him as well. Just crazy. If the league rules are followed, then the whole team could be put on the Covid list due to the players sharing a locker room with Adams. Perhaps the game may need to be moved to Sunday in order for the Packers to be able to field a team.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona is breathing a sigh of relief.
while wearing a mask of course.

i would say the packers chances of winning that game were slim and none. and slim just left the building

i would say that, but the fact is that adams has missed six games in the past two seasons, and the packers won them all. so maybe slim is just standing around outside the building having a smoke.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Both Adams and Barry are vaccinated, so this was the result of positive tests for both. The only players/coaches subject to the "close contact to someone testing positive" are those who are unvaccinated. Which according to Packers.com is just a small handful of players. All the coaches are vaccinated.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while wearing a mask of course.

i would say the packers chances of winning that game were slim and none. and slim just left the building
Wait, who is this?!? Reminds me of someone else with that saying. I'm right there with you. This was gonna be tough sledding with all the other injuries but just got a lot tougher. Does ML have some magic up his sleeve? He is, something like, 6-0 without Adams in the lineup, right? I may be wrong but I thought I heard that stat being tossed about somewhere. I'm just hoping for no more injuries, a decent game plan by ML, and possibly an upset.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Adams has Covid, do the league rules allow the Packers to ask for the game to be moved to a later date since he shares a locker room with the entire team?= I know it depends on how "close proximity" is defined, but a locker room is close proximity in my estimation. Other players gave been put on Covid lists so its my guess they all tested positive and "close proximity" is not being used. More evidence to the former is that most players on the Covid list have been held out surprisingly long, missing multiple games. Be prepared to see Adams miss 2 to 3 games!! If Injuries weren't bad enough, now Covid is taking out the best players.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is another possible headache for the league. What if the Packers did take the "close proximity" seriously and put the entire team on the the Covid list? What then?

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any chance at all it was just a false positive?
i think so. since adams (and barry) were both vaccinated. a false positive is always possible even without being vaccinated. but the packers seemed to rule out barry almost immediately which makes it seem like they believe he really does have it. not sure what to think about adams tho.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe the packers forfeit if they are unable to field a team.
Covid rules may be more forgiving. I would think the league would want to avoid a forfeit at all costs and have in place a mechanism to change the date of the game if possible. I this case, the game could be moved to Sunday or even Monday. Moving the game to the bye week would require both teams to have the same bye.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Adams has Covid, do the league rules allow the Packers to ask for the game to be moved to a later date since he shares a locker room with the entire team?
No, they wont reschedule. This has happened to Packer players, as well as players around the league. The NFL decided that no games will be rescheduled, just forfeited.

"In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players, even within a position group."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Adams and Barry are vaccinated, so this was the result of positive tests for both. The only players/coaches subject to the "close contact to someone testing positive" are those who are unvaccinated. Which according to Packers.com is just a small handful of players. All the coaches are vaccinated.
Just thought I would bump this up since some did not read it

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they wont reschedule. This has happened to Packer players, as well as players around the league. The NFL decided that no games will be rescheduled, just forfeited.

"In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players, even within a position group."
Thanks for digging into the nitty gritty of it. The scary part is that Covid may have spread and Adams and Joe Barry are just the beginning. Hope not, but the league puts the onus on the franchise to determine if a game can go on. If the Packers or any other team had Covid spread through the team, perhaps they would be better off taking the drastic action and forfeiting. The alternative would be to play with an uncompetitive roster, get their a** kicked, risk further Injuries. and risk infecting the other team. The league has once again not thought this through. Instead of putting teams between a rock and a hard place, it would make more sense to me to change the date of the game if possible. rather than force a forfeit.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With GB's multiple-player injuries and a short week of recovery/prep maybe logically a forfeit would be better for long-term team health? Take the L, everyone self-quarantine until Monday (R&R) and come back strong for the Chiefs. Blast away...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
[Mod stuff] Fixed the player's name. [\Mod stuff]
Slam him full of ivermectin and let him play. Worked wonders for the old lady at the wife's senior care center. Back to sheepshead and walker races in no time. Never mind the couple that caught it a few days later. (They are fine ATM also.)

Members online

Latest posts