Davante Adams out with Covid

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PB- 2 things
1. My grandpappy always told me deNile was a river in Egypt.
2. Be honest here. Before the season started would you seriously have called AJ Green, Rondale Moore and Kirk an impressive receiver group?

D

Deleted member 6794

Reports have Hopkins playing tonight even though he's not 100%. Shows the difference between the Packers who are extremely cautious with MVS and the Cardinals who are willing to let Hopkins play. I always thought that the Packers are extra cautious as a strategy to resign players to their second contract. Players may notice that their careers could last a bit longer with the Packers ultra cautios strategy and be willing to negotiate more.

It seems Hopkins reinjured his hamstring during the game as he was questionable to return at some point. I definitely prefer the Packers medical staff to be cautious, especially at this point in the season.

I have a relative that is dumber than dumb (I’m not being judgemental.. just stating a truth). I’m totally ok with respecting people’s right to choose btw. But He told my wife he wasn’t taking that shot because he just knew they’d be watching him.
I told my wife I’ve got news! He’s the LAST person in this continent they’d want to watch! They’d get dumber within minutes of tracking him. If him being tracked is the new low for government ? then we’ve got much, much worse problems than Covid!

I think it's hilarious that there are actual people out there thinking the government will use the vaccine to watch them but have no issue using cell phones.

Be honest here. Before the season started would you seriously have called AJ Green, Rondale Moore and Kirk an impressive receiver group?

You forgot about DeAndre Hopkins.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read his post that I was referring to please. Unfortunately I do not know nor do I care to learn how to quote someone.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He Googled it?

Even if Hopkins is limited or sits out, that is one impressive receiver group.

A.J. Green, Rondale Moore and Christian Kirk, plus TE Zach Ertz.

PB- 2 things
1. My grandpappy always told me deNile was a river in Egypt.
2. Be honest here. Before the season started would you seriously have called AJ Green, Rondale Moore and Kirk an impressive receiver group?

Read his post that I was referring to please. Unfortunately I do not know nor do I care to learn how to quote someone.
I helped you out and quoted myself. I don't really understand your question. With or without Hopkins, the Cardinals have an impressive group of receivers. They just added added Ertz 2 weeks ago. I would love to have AJ, Kirk and Rondale! So yes my opinion of all of them, plus Hopkins, before the season and still today, is very high.

Are you looking at the game yesterday and saying they aren't good?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am saying that AJ was considered washed up. Moore had never played a snap in the NFL and Kirk showed flashes but was not a proven NFL receiver before this season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
First, not everyone thought AJ was washed up, I didn't. I have often hoped that he would become a Packer. Second, i would have loved Rondale Moore. He was electrifying at Purdue and appears to have a great NFL career ahead of him. Third, who doesn't like Ertz? Kirk is a guy that I would happily pair with Davante. Just look at what that group of WR's has done this year. The Cards could have 2-3 receivers breaking the 1000 yard mark.

For some reason you took my comment of "even without Hopkins, they are an impressive group of receivers", as an opportunity to debate something, I just don't know what. Again, I liked all of these players before the season started and that hasn't changed.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am saying that AJ was considered washed up. Moore had never played a snap in the NFL and Kirk showed flashes but was not a proven NFL receiver before this season.

While it might have been justified to be skeptical about the Cardinals receiving corps entering the season they have been pretty impressive over the first eight games. With them adding Ertz that should have changed your opinion about them by now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While it might have been justified to be skeptical about the Cardinals receiving corps entering the season they have been pretty impressive over the first eight games. With them adding Ertz that should have changed your opinion about them by now.
I do not know how anyone that knows much about football, would think that the Cardinals weren't loaded at WR before the season started, as well as now.

D

Deleted member 6794

I do not know how anyone that knows much about football, would think that the Cardinals weren't loaded at WR before the season started, as well as now.

There could have been an argument to be made for Green being washed up, Kirk being average at best and Moore being an unknown.

At this point it doesn't make any sense to consider them not loaded though.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point and my post clearly were before the season started. Murray getting better has also helped those 3. I didn,t see him getting quite that much better. He was on his way last year until his injury so I did expect a continued upward trend, just not this much. If he stays healthy he has a chance to be the MVP.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There could have been an argument to be made for Green being washed up, Kirk being average at best and Moore being an unknown.

At this point it doesn't make any sense to consider them not loaded though.
I think you just lost your own argument or at least put to rest any argument as to the talent the Cards possess at WR.

The Cards also have Andy Isabella, a 2019 2nd round pick. Due to the quality of depth ahead of him, he doesn't see much action.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Captain scores points in this round as he points out you can have an opinion at one point in time and things can happen to change your opinion. Hmmm, interesting.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think you just lost your own argument or at least put to rest any argument as to the talent the Cards possess at WR.

The Cards also have Andy Isabella, a 2019 2nd round pick. Due to the quality of depth ahead of him, he doesn't see much action.

I wasn't even the one arguing the Cardinals receiving corps isn't impressive.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe Murray doesn't trust Isabella enough to be where he's supposed to be that he will throw to him. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wasn't even the one arguing the Cardinals receiving corps isn't impressive.
I honestly didn't know where you stood. You seemed to jump into a discussion and it sounded like you were implying that one could make an argument at the beginning of the season that the Cards receivers weren't all that good. Like I said, I would have debated that statement in August, as well as now. :)

P.S. Really not sure why the guy that was debating me brought up "at the beginning of the season" anyway. I merely said that just because Hopkins was out, the Cards still are pretty loaded at receiver...against the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I honestly didn't know where you stood. You seemed to jump into a discussion and it sounded like you were implying that one could make an argument at the beginning of the season that the Cards receivers weren't all that good. Like I said, I would have debated that statement in August, as well as now. :)

P.S. Really not sure why the guy that was debating me brought up "at the beginning of the season" anyway. I merely said that just because Hopkins was out, the Cards still are pretty loaded at receiver...against the Packers.

I actually didn't evaluate the Cardinals wide receiving corps at all before the start of the season but I understand how someone could have made an argument that they might not be as good as they have turned out to be mid-season.

Members online

Latest posts