Davante Adams out with Covid

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
[Mod stuff] Fixed the player's name. [\Mod stuff]
Slam him full of ivermectin and let him play. Worked wonders for the old lady at the wife's senior care center. Back to sheepshead and walker races in no time. Never mind the couple that caught it a few days later. (They are fine ATM also.)
Sorry Poppa...it's still spelled incorrectly. :p

D

Deleted member 6794

i would say the packers chances of winning that game were slim and none. and slim just left the building

The Packers should be considered the underdog vs. the Cardinals but I consider their chances of winning the game better than slim, even if Adams can't play.

Here is another possible headache for the league. What if the Packers did take the "close proximity" seriously and put the entire team on the the Covid list? What then?

Players and coches who are vaccinated don't need to be put on the COVID-19 list because of being close to someone who tested positive. That only applies to players who haven't received their vaccine.

Is there any chance at all it was just a false positive?

It's possible, we will know before the team leaves for Arizona.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they do rapid tests there’s a good chance it’s a false positive. Done on people with symptoms there is pretty decent validity. Done on asymptomatic people there is a pretty high level of false positives.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm just going to say that this really stinks. A fully vaccinated player that is in prime physical condition, and while we don't know for sure, is probably asymptomatic, can't play in the biggest game of the season. I'm so tired of the Covid.

Krabs

Reaction score
If they do rapid tests there’s a good chance it’s a false positive. Done on people with symptoms there is pretty decent validity. Done on asymptomatic people there is a pretty high level of false positives.
I don't think they do the rapid tests though. They need two negative CRP, or whatever the acronym is, 24 hours apart before the game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they do the rapid tests though. They need two negative CRP, or whatever the acronym is, 24 hours apart before the game.
I wouldn't think they would for multiple reasons. #1, they're really only valid when dealing with symptomatic people when you need to make a determination and don't have easy access to better tests.

using them in schools to test close contacts, dumb. Using them to test a symptomatic person quickly and have a pretty decent feeling of validity, good enough.

2nd reason, a team would be foolish to use them because they have better tests available on demand pretty much unlike the rest of us. The high rate of false positives with rapid tests would create more problems for them than they are worth.

but 50% of what I've seen thru this thing makes no sense, but they do it anyway, so who knows LOL

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is now out with Covid. Dominos are falling. The situation in Green Bay with injuries and Covid is turning into a joke.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn. Now Rodgers will have to spread it around.

Joe Berry out as well.

It will be interesting to see what GB's offense looks like without their best receiver, and also without Lazard. I would expect more emphasis on the run game, but if the Pack falls behind early, that might change things. Also, I imagine AJ Dillon is in the coach's doghouse now after the fumble.

More Cobb, more Tonyan...Maybe MVS plays. Maybe even a pass or two to Amari Rodgers (remember him?). Maybe Green Bay gets creative with trick plays.

This might be interesting, or this might be a disaster.

Reaction score
Well. I’m double shotted and had Delta about 14 weeks ago. I’m practically bullet proof! Let me at ‘em. LET ME AT ‘EM!
(Air punches like the Lion on Wizard of Oz)
Sign me for veteran minimum and throw in a 500K life insurance policy I’ll play. :coffee:

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well. I’m double shotted and had Delta about 14 weeks ago. I’m practically bullet proof! Let me at ‘em. LET ME AT ‘EM!
Sign me for veteran minimum and throw in a 500K life insurance policy I’ll play. :coffee:
Lion? I was picturing scrappy doo as I was reading.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what GB's offense looks like without their best receiver, and also without Lazard. I would expect more emphasis on the run game, but if the Pack falls behind early, that might change things. Also, I imagine AJ Dillon is in the coach's doghouse now after the fumble.

More Cobb, more Tonyan...Maybe MVS plays. Maybe even a pass or two to Amari Rodgers (remember him?). Maybe Green Bay gets creative with trick plays.

This might be interesting, or this might be a disaster.
Funny. I did forget about Amari. I think he can get deep up the middle on a stop and go.

D

Deleted member 6794

I fully expect Dillon to be a big part of the offense tomorrow. As long as him fumbling isn't a recurring issue I don't expect him to be in anyone's doghouse.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect Dillon to be a big part of the offense tomorrow. As long as him fumbling isn't a recurring issue I don't expect him to be in anyone's doghouse.

Probably correct.

I did note, however, after his fumble last week, the next time Green Bay got the ball, Kylin Hill was in backfield.

That may have been a message.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Hill being in after the 2nd fumble was a message, but i'm not sure it will last past that game. Dillon has seemed to be pretty ball secure, until last game. That was bad. But I don't expect a repeat performance.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm sure Hill being in after the 2nd fumble was a message, but i'm not sure it will last past that game. Dillon has seemed to be pretty ball secure, until last game. That was bad. But I don't expect a repeat performance.
Only thing that worries me is that he fumbled quite a bit in college as well.

Hopefully it's just a blip.

Krabs

Reaction score
I keep seeing this stat pop up about the Packers being 6-0 with Adams out. I guess my question would be, were they 6-0 with Adams, MVS, and Lazard out? With our biggest weapon at WR being Cobb, who's actually done more than I thought he would, I see that stat going to 6-1. I also don't like the stat in general. Saying Rodgers spreads the ball around more with him out might be true because he has to. Missing Adams is not a good thing. With all the WRs out I just don't see this going well. I also don't think it is that big of a deal to have Taylor back.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time the Packers had their top three WR's out was a playoff game against the Cardinals. As you know, it didn't end well. Jordy and Adams were out, and Cobb got knocked out of the game. The offense sputtered with the exception of the late game heroics by Janis and AR. This Cardinals team has way more offensive firepower. The Packers will need to score more than 13 points to be able to stick around. Without Alexander, Hopkins should have a monster game. Murry can also run for a first down on nearly every third and long. The key to keeping it close would be to run the ball and keep Murray off the field. Unfortunately, without their top three WR's the Cardinals can load the box and take that away.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Only thing that worries me is that he fumbled quite a bit in college as well.

Hopefully it's just a blip.
Not saying that it can't be an issue, he had 8 fumbles in 3 years at BC. on 845 rushes and 24 receptions. That is a lot of carries. In a game against Florida State, he had 40 carries! 11 other games with 30+ carries. That is putting a big load on a RB.

I recall a few posters on here wringing their hands over Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor and his college fumbles. Up until Monday Nights rain soaked game, where he fumbled twice, he had only fumbled (lost) the ball once in the NFL, on 391 touches.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Life insurance probably wouldn't help. Chances are you wouldn't die. Some really good medical coverage would be a good thing though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree and I would add that as a HC this might not be the best time to prove your point.

Members online

Latest posts