Darryl Tapp...BIT Aaron Rodgers??

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers: Tapp put bite on him - JSOnline

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said Wednesday that Seahawks defensive end Darryl Tapp bit him on the arm when the two teams met Oct. 12, 2008, in Seattle. "Tapp actually bit me last year through my jersey," Rodgers said when asked about the Seahawks' defense. "I wasn't too happy about that.
"There wasn't a whole lot of words spoken. I looked down and my arm was hurt and it felt like a bee sting. I was looking down and he was biting my arm, so I had to get his teeth off my shoulder. . . . I had a bruise for the rest of the season. Other than that I was good."
Tapp, who is known for his easy-going demeanor, strongly denied the allegations to reporters.
"How can anybody bite somebody with a helmet on?" Tapp said. "I'll let my reputation speak for itself."
The alleged incident happened with 9:20 remaining in the fourth quarter when Rodgers was sacked by several Seahawks.
On the television broadcast, there's no way to tell if Tapp bit Rodgers. But Rodgers clearly was upset.
Rodgers said a few words to Tapp and then pushed Tapp's head into the turf as he got up. Rodgers then checked his left biceps before entering the huddle.
Tapp's explanation seems to hold water because his facemask is a full cage - almost all the way to his chest - and he wears a protective visor over his eye area.
Rodgers' arm could have been pinched between the turf and Tapp's facemask.

If it's true, that's some garage-league play right there.
As the article points out, it could all just be a misunderstanding.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A grown man biting another during the course of a game??? Think about how ridiculous that is for a moment and anybody that would defend it or excuse it best check themselves.

Oh, and pardon me if I tend to believe Aaron Rodgers on this one.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A grown man biting another during the course of a game??? Think about how ridiculous that is for a moment and anybody that would defend it or excuse it best check themselves.

I definitely don't defend it or excuse it, *if* it happened. That sort of thing is inexcusable.
Not calling Rodgers a liar, but his being mistaken about it is definitely a possibility. I'm not claiming whether it actually happened or not.:unsure:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I watched that part of the game again. Rogers definitely is saying something to Tapp, then gets up pushing Tapp's head down. Then looks at his left bicep which was covered.

Tapp gets up smiling, and clapping his hands.

Rogers then proceeds to throw a checkdown to Brandon Jackson resulting in 4th down.

Ironically, the announcers were the ones saying Rogers was playing cheap by pushing Tapp's head down.

Looks true to me based on the video evidence. hard to be mistaken if somebody BITES you. Why would rogers be looking at his arm after that. My verdict. Tapp = Guilty as charged.

Bush league antics for sure.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks true to me based on the video evidence. hard to be mistaken if somebody BITES you. Why would rogers be looking at his arm after that. My verdict. Tapp = Guilty as charged.

Not so much. He coulda simply gotten pinched or something by Tapp's helmet and honestly thought he was being bitten.
I have a hard time visualizing how he could bite Rodgers through that helmet. Is that even possible?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, in soccer is quite common for one to put a finger... You get the picture...

And soccer is a fairly soft sport... I wouldn't be chocked if worse things happened in Football.
-
But regarding the incident, I think it was all a misunderstanding. I don't know how one can bite throught the facemask...

However, I doubt Rodgers would make this up, he wouldn't gain anything by doing this.

So I have to conclude that probably, like the article said, the arm got trapped between the facemask and the turf or something...

Unless his arm had a bite-shape mark...

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless his arm had a bite-shape mark...
Seriously, if Rodgers came away from that with chomper-marks, Tapp shoulda been kicked out of the league on his ear. Playing ball is one thing, but assault is something completely different.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Um yeah... things get pretty uncivilized in a pile up so, yeah, It could have happened very easily and wouldn't be the first time or the last time...I do not doubt it but... I wasn't there - thank god. :)

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know it is very possible in a dog pile that your chinstrap can slide up causing your mouth to be exposed. I seriously doubt Arod would make that up, but like everyone is saying it could have just been pinched..we'll never know the truth haha

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so much. He coulda simply gotten pinched or something by Tapp's helmet and honestly thought he was being bitten.
I have a hard time visualizing how he could bite Rodgers through that helmet. Is that even possible?

So, let me get this straight: Aaron Rodgers fabricated this story because he has a personal vendetta against Daryl Tapp. OK, got it.

What the hell kinda dope you people on???

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Helmets can get pushed up and if his facemask landed on roger's arm and sort of overlapped it, his arm could have been bit.

However, rewatching the video, Tapps straps are all in place which does make it harder to believe, but not impossible. Why would Rogers lie? Rogers has no motive that I can think of to lie about it unless he is friends with Tapp and is just playing a prank through the media. I just don't see Roger's doing that.

Why would Roger's be angry and push his head into the ground unless he KNEW Tapp did bite him.

A pinch and a bite are two different things. He said he looked down and saw him Biting him.

I personally believe Rogers.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anybody that doesn't has severe issues with rational thought processing and is probably looking forward to a life of high unemployment and government subsidies. :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Helmets can get pushed up and if his facemask landed on roger's arm and sort of overlapped it, his arm could have been bit.

However, rewatching the video, Tapps straps are all in place which does make it harder to believe, but not impossible. Why would Rogers lie? Rogers has no motive that I can think of to lie about it unless he is friends with Tapp and is just playing a prank through the media. I just don't see Roger's doing that.

Why would Roger's be angry and push his head into the ground unless he KNEW Tapp did bite him.

A pinch and a bite are two different things. He said he looked down and saw him Biting him.

do you have a link or something of the play?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
do you have a link or something of the play?

No, I have all of the 2008 season games. I'll try and make a youtube video of that part of the game it and post it. Won't be today with our family party etc....

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if a part of his helmet pinched him and it felt like a bee sting. I can't imagin a human bite leaving a mark that long. I think I'll check out a Seattle site and see if there is anything about it there...brb

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Rodgers said he got a Bruise from the bite since he had long sleeves on. I think the PFT article said that.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said there was a mark on his arm for several weeks and I don't think a human bite would leave a mark that long but I may be wrong.
I'm sure it would, and I'm sure the tooth marks would have been prominent, *if* it was actually a bite. Which begs the question; why didn't he show somebody after the game instead of waiting over a year to complain about it?
We all would've known for certain one way or the other. Now it's too late.

Murgen,
Please let us know when you do get that video uploaded. I'd really like to see it myself.
Merry and safe Christmas!

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild,
So, let me get this straight: Aaron Rodgers fabricated this story because he has a personal vendetta against Daryl Tapp. OK, got it.
That's not cool, man. I'm not saying anything even remotely like that.

I do not have any reason to think Aaron Rodgers would lie about it, and I wouldn't accuse anybody of lying (or fabricating) unless I had proof. Please don't put words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is that *the possibility exists that Rodgers was mistaken*.
If Tapp did actually bite him (which we will never know now), that's not football, it's aggravated assault and he deserves to be kicked out of the league.

Please keep in mind that I'm not the enemy here. I have no dog in this fight.
/ I come in peace:scout_en:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts