Darryl Tapp...BIT Aaron Rodgers??

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Here is the Video. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yq3REsd8Tc"]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers: Tapp put bite on him[/ame]

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murgen,
Thank you so much for posting that! Didn't have to do it today and I appreciate it.

Tapp's helmet looks to be in place to me at 0:15 and you can see how far it blocks his face away from the mask at 0:22.

*edit* What I do see very clearly is GB #76 (Spitz?) pushing very heavily on the back of Tapp's helmet, which would certainly explain the pressure in Rodgers' arm. What do you think?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Murgen,
Thank you so much for posting that! Didn't have to do it today and I appreciate it.

Tapp's helmet looks to be in place to me at 0:15 and you can see how far it blocks his face away from the mask at 0:22. What do you think?

I guess The questions is, can we see the position of his helmet before Roger's pulls his arm away? At 15 seconds you can see Tapp's helmet looks to be angled back. Enough to get his mouth free to chomp. Not sure. Rogers appears to be looking right at him like WTF DUDE and yanks his arm away shortly after that.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess The questions is, can we see the position of his helmet before Roger's pulls his arm away? At 15 seconds you can see Tapp's helmet looks to be angled back. Enough to get his mouth free to chomp. Not sure. Rogers appears to be looking right at him like WTF DUDE and yanks his arm away shortly after that.
That's another thing I noticed; Tapp's head is clearly sideways to his right when #76 lets him up. In order for him to rotate his head to get his teeth at Rodgers, his chin strap would have needed to be disconnected (which it clearly wasn't).
Also another point I noticed is that at the time, Seattle #93 (Terrill?) is clearly blocking Rodgers' view of Tapp.

The more I watch this, the more I'm convinced that this was just an honest mistake. Rodgers wasn't bitten, but I can see why he'd think he was. *shrug*

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its hard to see what happend there but it was curious that Rodgers would check his arm there. I suspect Tapp's face mask pinched AR's arm. I can't see how he could've taken a bite from behind his mask. It will be interesting to observe these two players seeing each other face to face on Sunday...

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its hard to see what happend there but it was curious that Rodgers would check his arm there. I suspect Tapp's face mask pinched AR's arm. I can't see how he could've taken a bite from behind his mask. It will be interesting to observe these two players seeing each other face to face on Sunday...

Pugger,
I'm *convinced* something happened to Rodgers' arm. He didn't just play-act that.
If it is, as I suspect, an honest mistake... I hope that it doesn't snowball into something even more unfortunate. I don't really know either of these guys, but they both strike me as honest professional ball players.
/they may need time to 'hug it out' :D

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so much. He coulda simply gotten pinched or something by Tapp's helmet and honestly thought he was being bitten.
I have a hard time visualizing how he could bite Rodgers through that helmet. Is that even possible?

Looking at his helmet it seems like a push but then again Rodgers wouldn't look at his bicep. Plus Rodgers is a cool guy so if he was to get mad like that there is a good chance Tapp was doing something bush, biting, pinching his arm down, or anything else he could. Like it was said those piles get nasty with eyes being poked and punches so I wouldn't doubt some cheap antics, I am just not sure about a bite.

And GoSlash: It won't escalate, Rodgers will just hopefully torch Seattle and make it all errelevant. Fantasy Championships this weekend, c'mon Rodgers!! More importantly a W for GB and L for someone from the East.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And GoSlash: It won't escalate, Rodgers will just hopefully torch Seattle and make it all errelevant. Fantasy Championships this weekend, c'mon Rodgers!! More importantly a W for GB and L for someone from the East.
Best of luck to you! Meanwhile, we've got to find a way to survive Baltimore.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't think Tapp got a full chomp on his arm. I think he got a nip and that is why it felt like a bee sting. I can see it happening.

Rogers didn't get mad for nothing and then look at his arm.

Probably would have been best if Rogers didn't mention it more than a year later. Makes him look kind of silly. I think he was trying to give some color background to the game and it slipped out and then the media blew it way out of proportion (and the fans).

I like how Tapp is trying to protect his rep in the league. Well don't bite then fool.

As far as the game, the Tapp story is irrelevant. GB needs to focus and get this W. I'm sick of sitting on the bubble. Let's punch our ticket and get ready for the Cards.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything can and does happen in the dogpile after a play. I once heard Santana Dotson say in an interview that he had been punched, pinched, bit, spit and farted on, over the course of his career when at the bottom of the scrum at the end of a play. It's not civil out there on the field.

So I think this one incident is small potatoes, and I'm sure that after Aaron has played A few years, he have his own catalog of cheapshots to reflect on.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well....good luck to the Steelers. I think Baltimore has kinda hung 'er up for the season.

You know, somehow, I'd have felt better about losing to the Steelers if the final had been 17-16. There's just something about watching a game where both of our defenses melted down that just makes me want to puke.

Incidentally, Steelers are my third favorite team (Pack and 9'ers)...as someone else said, Rocky Blier is an Appleton, Wisconsin native...an Appleton Xavier grad...his parents owned a bar/restaurant in Appleton and were involved pretty heavily in the diocese...of which my Dad was a deacon. I grew up a short distance from Appleton and we'd never be able to leave town without going to the Blier's... never met Rocky though.

Still, you know that the Steelers had stunk so badly for so long that it was soooo cool to watch them rise to prominence as a teen in the early 70's.

It was just impossible for me to supplant the 9'ers though... John Brodie to Gene Washington was just a thing of beauty AND they had really neat helmets.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's just something about watching a game where both of our defenses melted down that just makes me want to puke.
You 'n' me both. I'm not used to seeing the Steelers with a sad defense, and the folks you've got running your defense (Dom Capers, Kevin Greene) are minor deities in Pittsburgh.

Incidentally, Steelers are my third favorite team
Thanks! I only have one favorite team myself, but there are franchises out there I respect and admire. Green Bay tops that list. Great ethic, fanbase, and tradition.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You 'n' me both. I'm not used to seeing the Steelers with a sad defense, and the folks you've got running your defense (Dom Capers, Kevin Greene) are minor deities in Pittsburgh.

Thanks! I only have one favorite team myself, but there are franchises out there I respect and admire. Green Bay tops that list. Great ethic, fanbase, and tradition.

Well, just understand that by 2nd and 3rd favorite ... I'm saying that I'll watch them play if the Pack aren't on and there's nothing else on TV, or I've read all of my newspapers and it's raining/snowing outside, or, my wife and son are gone and aren't demanding that I talk with them... . ;)

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You better pray Ed Reed doesnt play.........
Also praying James Harrison does play.

Well, just understand that by 2nd and 3rd favorite ... I'm saying that I'll watch them play if the Pack aren't on and there's nothing else on TV, or I've read all of my newspapers and it's raining/snowing outside, or, my wife and son are gone and aren't demanding that I talk with them... . :wink:
Understood. I totally understand.

I hope Hasselbeck says something arrogant and stupid in front of a camera just before you eat Seattle's lunch!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE"]YouTube - We want the ball and we're gonna score[/ame]

:Heristical:
Good luck, guys!

Members online

Latest posts