1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dammit Ryan Grant...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 98Redbird, Jan 17, 2011.

1. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Why? Why do you need to tweet crap like this. NO BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!! I was hoping that we could get through this week without talking ANY crap or giving them ANY extra incentive. But no, the guy who's not played all year is on Twitter making waves. Great. I don't see why players can't just shut the hell up, keep quiet, go out and do their jobs. Let their play speak for itself. If we make it to Dallas, then great. But this game is going to be hard as is, honestly I was actually leaning towards thinking the Bears had a good shot to pull it off against us, they are no slouch. Now they have just a little more incentive. No more of this. Just keep quiet, go out on Sunday and take care of business. That's it.

NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers running back Ryan Grant eyes Super Bowl - ESPN Chicago

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    What an idiot. Ugh...........

I prefer the belichik method of do your talking on the field. Fine guys that do stupid **** like this.

3. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Honestly, I could have seen Finley doing stupid crap like this, but not Grant.

God I hope Finley keeps his big mouth shut right now... Please.

4. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +436
    The Bears will pubicly act like it means nothing but behind the scenes they will use this as motivation.

5. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Not worried about it. At this level of the playoffs both teams are giving everything they have. Rodgers could tell the Whole bears defense that he did their mammas in their brown starfish and it dont matter at this level lol. If you need motivation at this level you are probably going to find a way to lose anyway.

6. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    This is exactly why it was a STUPID move on his part. You're sitting at home watching on a couch. Shut up.

7. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I think the Jets showed this weekend that their smack talk doesn't mean a thing as long as they go out there and play their hearts out. It's a rivalry and the better team is going to win. Players running their mouths is something that's going to happen, and it's not going to change the tide of this game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    well we cant really bench him for tweeting that can we?

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    maybe break his other leg...oh wait nevermind.

10. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    hey have finley and grant been with the team during games??? Or do they stay home?

11. jhutch

jhutch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I know grants been at the playoff games, not sure about finley.

12. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Cool I think they should still support the team by being there.

13. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +436
    That's true, but Cromartie and comapany were actually playing in the game unlike Grant.

14. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I would much rather just give them NOTHING to use as motivation. They can motivate themselves, they are big boys. They don't need our help.

15. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Eh, this doesn't really bother me. He has been injured all year. He is not going to be playing the game, so whatever. Looks at all the "bulletin board" material the Jets came with and backed it up. You can talk as much as you want, but if you back it up, it doesn't matter.

16. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    If he can't get involved with his mouth, how else is he supposed to? The guy is a huge part of our team and is allowed to support the team however he wants, especially since he's injured and has no way otherwise. Who are we to say that he can't?

17. John

John Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't personally think this is that big of a deal. It is what it is. The Bears are probably already at their peak motivation level being that it's the game before to go to the Super Bowl. If they need any extra motivation they've already lost at this point.

18. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    If a trip to the Super Bowl isn't enough to motivate you, that sure isn't.

19. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I mean, really? Who cares anyway? If you take it to it's extreme Rex Ryan got Welker to talk and he sat out the first series? Important, I don't know how it isn't. Belichick was an idiot to make a statement in a playoff game like that, but guess what? Rex Ryan got under his skin and it may have helped them. Maybe talk works against certain stuffy cheating HC's.
    Talk is talk, let them talk. If as you say a trip to the Super Bowl isn't enough motivation I can't imagine what might be.
    Truth be told, unless you're an accomplished boxer, a little too much anger leads to mistakes right? A little over pursuit, a little too aggressive a tackle and it's a penalty.
    Fook the Bares, fook their fans, fook their city and fook their pursuit of the Lombardi Trophy.
    These guys sukk, Packers kick their behinds to go to the Super Bowl.

20. mor4les

mor4les Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    This is the NFC Championship, Green Bay @ Chicago, greatest rivalry in football and the the players need motivation about some tweets? Really?