Dalvin Cook!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know everyone wants to patch up the secondary but we need another RB. And Mixon isn't just another RB. He would be the most talented back the Packers have had back to Ahman Green. Mixon is Adrian Peterson with hands and I'm not exaggerating. Once Mixon is gone there is a huge drop off at RB.

There are several good corner prospects that will be available at the end of the second and down to the 3rd. Even some later round gems. King isn't gonna come in and turn our defense around day 1. No matter what corner we take there gonna need to develop.

I wanna win a damn Super Bowl and you throw Mixon into this offense and nobody is stopping us.

There is some logic in that theory. Running Back has not been a real strong position in Green Bay for a long time. You just need the offense to score 50 points a game to overcome the 49 the defense allows ! Just imagine if other teams defenses were just as afraid of a Packer running game as they fear Rodgers passing game !

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook and Mixon have their issues. Each would be a fine value pick here and if the staff feel comfortable with them fine. However I would much rather go cb and OLB in the second. And them look at rb in the 3rd or 4th.

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need a running back. Our lack of a running game wasn't the reason we failed to the advance to the Super Bowl. We have so many holes in our linebacking core and cornerback unit that it's not even funny. Drafting a running back in the high rounds would be similar to buying a brand new car when you're 50k in debt. Would a great running back be nice? Sure. Is it a necessity? Absolutely not. OLB/CB/OL - priorities. Sign LeGarrette Blount to platoon with Ty and you're solid.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers desperately need to upgrade the defense by selecting a cornerback and an edge rusher. There's no need to use any of the second round picks on a running back.

Although I of course agree with you, there are 2 things that could make Mixon a good pick at #33 or whatever. First, RB is a position of need. Not nearly as much as OLB or CB, but still, a PON. If TT and co. have evaluated Mixon as a legit 1st round talent who ranks #1 or #2 among RBs, then it could be worth the pick.

Mixon has been compared to Matt Forte with a stronger running game.

This would also depend on the Packers getting another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round however in order to select the more pressing positions of need. I don't think I'd select Mixon if the Packers stayed at #33, but if they traded for the Jets' #39 and #107 and then moved up in the 3rd round or the 2nd round, it might be a smart move.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We don't need a running back. Our lack of a running game wasn't the reason we failed to the advance to the Super Bowl. We have so many holes in our linebacking core and cornerback unit that it's not even funny. Drafting a running back in the high rounds would be similar to buying a brand new car when you're 50k in debt. Would a great running back be nice? Sure. Is it a necessity? Absolutely not. OLB/CB/OL - priorities. Sign LeGarrette Blount to platoon with Ty and you're solid.

The defense is a lost cause. Montgomery has had some injury issues and if he goes down were in trouble back there. Michael is a one trick pony. We need to be stacked all across the offense to withstand injury.

Also, Mixon doesn't just help with the running game but also fits the "12 formation" they wanna run and he can play in the slot as well and return kicks. Were getting a 4 down player in second round. Plenty of other picks to get guys to develop for the defense.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think mixon is a suitable candidate for the etiquette awards. he has some demons in that closet as well. hell...all these kids nowadays seem to have character issues.

No different from any previous generations of players. The biggest difference being the media coverage and social media itself. It's hard to hide once you're a public figure.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is a lost cause. Montgomery has had some injury issues and if he goes down were in trouble back there. Michael is a one trick pony. We need to be stacked all across the offense to withstand injury.

Also, Mixon doesn't just help with the running game but also fits the "12 formation" they wanna run and he can play in the slot as well and return kicks. Were getting a 4 down player in second round. Plenty of other picks to get guys to develop for the defense.

I agree. Grab Cook or Mixon with the 33rd pick. Don't get cute. Use the other picks for defense, specifically CBs. I'm pretty sure a CB will slip to the late 2nd round. Grab a big CB. Use the mid and later rounds for depth purposes. Offense is set and can weather injuries. Defense can just be serviceable and making the SB is a possibility. Hopefully, Packer's D makes timely turnovers, with the Offense capitalizing; securing a high seed in the NFC. Home advantage throughout playoffs could tip the scales.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agree. Grab Cook or Mixon with the 33rd pick. Don't get cute. Use the other picks for defense, specifically CBs. I'm pretty sure a CB will slip to the late 2nd round. Grab a big CB. Use the mid and later rounds for depth purposes. Offense is set and can weather injuries. Defense can just be serviceable and making the SB is a possibility. Hopefully, Packer's D makes timely turnovers, with the Offense capitalizing; securing a high seed in the NFC. Home advantage throughout playoffs could tip the scales.

Agreed, don't get cute and end up with neither. We have 9 picks. Get up there and take Mixon at 33.

Score at will and get a few turnovers on D and secure homefield. That's the "recipe"

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree......RB position is not deep enough....

"Thompson and Head Coach Mike McCarthy have been open about their desire to add another running back and could be in the market for help at pass-rusher and cornerback, as well."

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...0e6-d61d-4370-936a-fcd8746319cd#ixzz4fZU4WUWY

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No different from any previous generations of players. The biggest difference being the media coverage and social media itself. It's hard to hide once you're a public figure.

ok. not sure where this is going. ummm then why are any of these offenses being brought in the first place?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed, don't get cute and end up with neither. We have 9 picks. Get up there and take Mixon at 33.

Score at will and get a few turnovers on D and secure homefield. That's the "recipe"

Given the timing of TT's willingness to trade back 4 spots while Dallas was on the clock, I think there is a good chance TT was eye balling either Cook or Mixon. The 4 other teams who were still up for picks before #33 when the trade was made; Dallas, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and New Orleans aren't teams in urgent need of a RB.

Obviously, the list of guys available at the time, that TT rated equally, also could have been greater than 4.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Given the timing of TT's willingness to trade back 4 spots while Dallas was on the clock, I think there is a good chance TT was eye balling either Cook or Mixon. The 4 other teams who were still up for picks before #33 when the trade was made; Dallas, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and New Orleans aren't teams in urgent need of a RB.

Obviously, the list of guys available at the time, that TT rated equally, also could have been greater than 4.

I agree. He made a great move. Gets Mixon the guy they "Love" and picks up basically a 3rd round comp pick. Unless Charles Harris was there or maybe Tre'Davious White was there at 29 I think the plan was Mixon all along.

People are out there crying about Watt and that's fine but we don't need him and we already have a similar player in Frackrell. My father went to law school at Wisconsin so I am a huge Badger fan and I didn't really want Watt. I actually like Biegel better. ;)

I've been following this Mixon thing very close and if there not just throwing smoke screen after smoke screen out in regards to him all signs point to that they love this guy.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shall we please try and build a defense that can limit the best offenses to under 20 points before we start luxury picking on offense? there is plenty of good guys to be get in later rounds plus guys like Blount and Charles are still on the market. Im fine with Mixon at the end of the second if he is still there, perhaps also with Cook, but with our first pick let us please adress defense

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shall we please try and build a defense that can limit the best offenses to under 20 points before we start luxury picking on offense? there is plenty of good guys to be get in later rounds plus guys like Blount and Charles are still on the market. Im fine with Mixon at the end of the second if he is still there, perhaps also with Cook, but with our first pick let us please adress defense

A point well taken, but I'm still hurting that the Packers passed on Barry Sanders for Mandarich in 1989.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts (without backlash) to drafting Mixon and trading late 2nd round to Seattle and grab Sherman from them. Price is dropping from them and it would nix our CB problem..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thoughts (without backlash) to drafting Mixon and trading late 2nd round to Seattle and grab Sherman from them. Price is dropping from them and it would nix our CB problem..

I read that Schneider addressed that while a Sherman trade isn't completely off the table, "If someone calls and goes crazy with something, we'll discuss [a trade]," Basically, they aren't budging off their demands, for now.

http://q13fox.com/2017/04/24/richard-sherman-trade-weve-moved-past-it/

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would so much rather have Kamara than Cook. Athletically he's comparable to Mixon and he doesn't have all the baggage. He's being slept on.

Reaction score

Last year's recipe smoked up the kitchen and had neighbors calling 911
If we lose focus on D this year it'll be a mistake. We need 2 of the first 3 picks on D, and 6 of the total 9 at Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts