Dalvin Cook!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixon does so much more for our offense then Cook. Mixon is a 4 down player and you can even line him up in the slot and return kicks. Mixon is also way more explosive then Cook.

Delvin Cook also has character concerns and questionable people that he hangs out with. This guy has bust written all over him.

Mixon is the easy choice here.

I don't think mixon is a suitable candidate for the etiquette awards. he has some demons in that closet as well. hell...all these kids nowadays seem to have character issues.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You're talking about character concerns with Cook and then cite Mixon in the same breath? LOL

Rather have a guy with an addressed issue then someone flying under the radar gang banging.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't think mixon is a suitable candidate for the etiquette awards. he has some demons in that closet as well. hell...all these kids nowadays seem to have character issues.

Exactly, there is no perfect guy all the way around.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mixon's incident was not recent and he has tried hard to make good on himself since then. Cook is more a risk IMO.

Reaction score
While I understand this thread is about Cook. We currently have 5 dedicated RBs signed. We have 3 picks Friday and 6 picks Saturday including the opening pick each day to address another RB.
We lost essential 2 former 1st round LB/DE in the offseason.. and have nothing to show for it!
If we take our eye off the 8 Ball (Defense), we could very well run the table and then scratch on the 8

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some scouts have Mixon as the best player in the whole damn draft,

Getting Mixon with the #33 or (#39 preferably) and then a guy like Moreau or Awuzie with the #61 pick (I think King and Quincy Wilson will be gone) wouldn't be bad at all.

Another option would be to go for a LB with the #61 like Bowser, Cunningham or Tim Williams. Don't know enough about Williams or Bowser to make an informed evaluation about their potential as edge rushers. Cunningham is an ILB I know, but I like him. He's a bit undersized maybe.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixon's incident was not recent and he has tried hard to make good on himself since then. Cook is more a risk IMO.

I suppose cook could clean up his act as well. green bay organization won't tolerate his crap. anyway...we all agree it's not feasible to pick a back before dealing with our secondary problem.

I wouldn't be disappointed in either of the two joining the pack squad.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Getting Mixon with the #33 or (#39 preferably) and then a guy like Moreau or Awuzie with the #61 pick (I think King and Quincy Wilson will be gone) wouldn't be bad at all.

Another option would be to go for a LB with the #61 like Bowser, Cunningham or Tim Williams. Don't know enough about Williams or Bowser to make an informed evaluation about their potential as edge rushers. Cunningham is an ILB I know, but I like him. He's a bit undersized maybe.

I would prefer Moreau. He is the better "cover guy" and way more fluid but would take Awuzie. Or Mixon and Bowser and then get Shaquill Griffin in 3rd.

But yes all these options register an A+ with me.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we really need a RB this early though? I'd rather start to patch up the secondary.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Do we really need a RB this early though? I'd rather start to patch up the secondary.

I know everyone wants to patch up the secondary but we need another RB. And Mixon isn't just another RB. He would be the most talented back the Packers have had back to Ahman Green. Mixon is Adrian Peterson with hands and I'm not exaggerating. Once Mixon is gone there is a huge drop off at RB.

There are several good corner prospects that will be available at the end of the second and down to the 3rd. Even some later round gems. King isn't gonna come in and turn our defense around day 1. No matter what corner we take there gonna need to develop.

I wanna win a damn Super Bowl and you throw Mixon into this offense and nobody is stopping us.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Moreau. He is the better "cover guy" and way more fluid but would take Awuzie. Or Mixon and Bowser and then get Shaquill Griffin in 3rd.

But yes all these options register an A+ with me.

If the Packers took Mixon and a LB like Bowser in round 2 and come round 3 Sidney Jones were still on the board with the Packers' 1st pick of round 3. Would you want the Packers to take him?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know everyone wants to patch up the secondary but we need another RB. And Mixon isn't just another RB. He would be the most talented back the Packers have had back to Ahman Green. Mixon is Adrian Peterson with hands and I'm not exaggerating. Once Mixon is gone there is a huge drop off at RB.

There are several good corner prospects that will be available at the end of the second and down to the 3rd. Even some later round gems. King isn't gonna come in and turn our defense around day 1. No matter what corner we take there gonna need to develop.

I wanna win a damn Super Bowl and you throw Mixon into this offense and nobody is stopping us.

Also, with Mixon in there couldn't Montgomery move to the slot? Then Cobb and his fat contract may be expendable in the next offseason.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If the Packers took Mixon and a LB like Bowser in round 2 and come round 3 Sidney Jones were still on the board with the Packers' 1st pick of round 3. Would you want the Packers to take him?

Absolutely! That would be even better. We could get some help from Jones come mid-season and work him into the playoffs.

I know it's hard for some of us fans to accept as it was for me but I believe TT and Co. feel confident rolling with the db's we have now and expecting a 3rd year jump in play with development from Rollins and Randle along with House regaining form.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Also, with Mixon in there couldn't Montgomery move to the slot? Then Cobb and his fat contract may be expendable in the next offseason.

The possibilities with Mixon as i've posted in other threads are endless. Packers wanna run more "12 formation" with double TE's. Mixon would be the perfect back to pound with that.

Yes, Cobb would be expendable. Montgomery or even Mixon can play some slot. This season we could have Jordy, Adams, Monty, Mixon and Bennett all on the field at the same time. Thats big time match up nightmares for the defense. Plus, we still have Cobb this season to work other variances and formations. There is just so much potential. Lots of possibilities here.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Packers picking James Conner in the fourth or fifth round. Of course he ain't a Joe Mixon but I can see the kid carrying the rock 20+ a game on the frozen tundra and grinding down the defense (also he can block).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I suppose cook could clean up his act as well. green bay organization won't tolerate his crap. anyway...we all agree it's not feasible to pick a back before dealing with our secondary problem.

I wouldn't be disappointed in either of the two joining the pack squad.

Maybe or maybe not. Old Cook has quite the rap sheet already.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nj.c..._2017_joe_mixon_moving_past_dalvin_cook_o.amp

Add to that, Cook has been suspect of having gang ties.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Another option is Ryan Anderson. He is a damn good football player. Very instinctive, smart and makes big plays. Bowser just scares me. Probably get Anderson in 3rd or our first pick in 4th.

I think we steer clear of the "combine junkies" and get a steal in Anderson.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another option is Ryan Anderson. He is a damn good football player. Very instinctive, smart and makes big plays. Bowser just scares me. Probably get Anderson in 3rd or our first pick in 4th.

I think we steer clear of the "combine junkies" and get a steal in Anderson.

Hm, hadn't thought of Anderson. Nice writeup on him here though:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...he-best-alabama-player-no-ones-talking-about/

His 40 yd is a woeful 4.78 but that doesn't mean too much, especially for an OLB. Just means he won't be able to cover the faster TEs. I do like his attitude.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers desperately need to upgrade the defense by selecting a cornerback and an edge rusher. There's no need to use any of the second round picks on a running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts