Current Opinion of Favre?

What do you currently think about Favre?

• Love him

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Appreciate him

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Dislike him

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Hate him

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appreciate him. I don't hold grudges. He never harmed me in anyway. Yes he is arrogant in ways, but most athletes are. He never left us for free agency, demanded a trade, etc. He just wanted to play football, went about it in a horrible way though. But, nothing horrible. Never worth holding a grudge over something that simple. Don't love him, but he did win us a super bowl. He did get us to a second. He did make this team competitive. If people don't appreciate that they are ungrateful. One off season never outweighs 15 years. EVER.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My current opinion is this: Seriously, who gives a fu*k? And why in the bloody hell do people insist on asking us this stupid *** question repeatedly, over and over again, ad-nauseum? Can't go a ******* month without some hack asking about that two-bit ***-clown, and frankly, it would be nice to not have to hear about him again for a few YEARS.

That's MY current opinion on the matter. Please, stop.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was fun as hell to watch when the Pack really wasn't worth watching. He helped get them back on the map and did some phenomenal things for many years. The end is never pretty. He got to keep playing and the Pack set themselves up for another championship.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely appreciate him. A lot of great memories. We should be proud that we've had some amazing QBs here.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scumbag. doesnt deserve to have his number retired. stabbed the Packers in the back several times. Cant wait to boo him at his retirement someday.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
My current opinion is this: Seriously, who gives a fu*k? And why in the bloody hell do people insist on asking us this stupid *** question repeatedly, over and over again, ad-nauseum? Can't go a ******* month without some hack asking about that two-bit ***-clown, and frankly, it would be nice to not have to hear about him again for a few YEARS.

That's MY current opinion on the matter. Please, stop.

I have to agree with the :sFun_DeadHorse: portion. Move on, he sure as heck has.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, until he gets enshrined in Canton, Favre should be a banned topic on these forums.

He is a HOF QB with no team to call home.

ATL - do fans even remember him playing for them?
GB - Hate him
MN - double edged sword, brings back memories of Chilly, fans get upset at his name.
NYJ - Had a great game or two but hardly going to be remembered.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dislike him.

I used to love him, used to appreciate him, but I always knew that the one Super Bowl we won was gotten more by Reggie White and Desmond Howard if someone wants to give it to one player, which it's not because it's a team thing. Compare his game in that one SB win to Rodgers, and Favre was just Trent Dilfer (14-27).

Had we had Tom Brady (who I also dislike), or Troy Aikman (who was overrated, but didn't choke), we would have won at least 2 more Super Bowls in that era (that Favre threw away with Ints in the playoff exits.)

Plus what he's put his wife through (who is a great great person), is just pathetic, and I don't have to separate the on field chokes & highlights from the real him when it's my opinion of the guy.

Dislike!
But I don't hate him now that he's not on the Vikings -lol

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think america needs a Brett free fall for the first time in 20 years. Then, maybe he'll rekindle some of his nostalga. I just feel like I've had enough of him... My hopes are that he goes into hiding for about 5 years...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If I ever see him I will ask him to take the knife out of my back. Hate him. Hate him until he officially retires and gets put in the ring of honor. Than I can forgive.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Appreciate him. I don't hold grudges. He never harmed me in anyway. Yes he is arrogant in ways, but most athletes are. He never left us for free agency, demanded a trade, etc. He just wanted to play football, went about it in a horrible way though. But, nothing horrible. Never worth holding a grudge over something that simple. Don't love him, but he did win us a super bowl. He did get us to a second. He did make this team competitive. If people don't appreciate that they are ungrateful. One off season never outweighs 15 years. EVER.

I look forward to the time when Favre’s name isn’t mentioned or written for months, even years at a time but I don’t think this post should go unchallenged. PackwillBEback obviously can hold any opinion he wants, so in no way am I challenging his “right” to post his opinion: I’m just responding with mine.

He’s right, Favre never demanded a trade and never left in free agency, but he did more than just wanting to “play football”. Interesting PackwillBEback writes he went about it in a horrible way but then writes, “But, nothing horrible”. (I added the emphasis) I think he was right the first time. I also challenge the notion that Favre ‘won us a Super Bowl’. The 1996 Packers’ defense was phenomenal – it gave up fewer TDs in the regular season than the vaunted 1985 Bears defense did. That defense and Desmond Howard and the special teams were every bit as important as the Favre-led offense. Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren and the fantastic staff he put together had a hand in it, too.

As to the notion that “one off season never outweighs 15 years. EVER.”, I couldn’t disagree more. First, it is factually inaccurate because – IMO - Favre “conspired” against the Packers for more than one off season. But that’s a minor point. The more important reason I disagree with that broad generalization is because it depends entirely on what the player did during that off season, doesn’t it? OJ Simpson provides the obvious and extreme example, doesn’t he? Should Bill’s fans revere OJ because one “off-season” never outweighs 9 years? Like I said, it’s an extreme example and is offered just as an analogy. Of course his murdering two people wasn’t football related, but I think it makes the point that it’s the nature of Favre's contributions to the Packers as well as what Favre did from June/July 2008 on, not the number of years Favre spent in Green Bay that matter. IOW, your statement seems to be saying no matter what Favre did, it could never outweigh his contributions to the Packers.

It would be one thing if the worst thing Favre ever did was believing the myth too many Packers built around him. But in the opinion of many Packers fans he did more than that: He betrayed the franchise that gave him a chance to escape the obscurity of Jerry Glanville’s dog house. He publically attacked Thompson on national TV with Greta. He shared the Packers’ playbook with the Lions in an attempt to help them beat the Packers. He lied to the Jets about retiring so he could join the Vikings and “stick it to Ted”. BTW, if all he wanted to do was play, why didn’t he stay with the Jets? (I am surprised those who defend Favre continue to bring this up.) He encouraged the Bears to beat the Packers. After spending all those years in Green Bay do you think he didn’t realize what that would mean to Packers fans? He did more than just trying to “stick it to Ted”, he attempted to stick it to the Packers and, like it or not, to Packers fans.

In another thread, Ivo610 has a link to a bleacherreport.com story entitled, “Ted Thompson is the Worst GM in NFL History”. Read that and look at how foolish the author, Andrew Kaake, looks today. Thompson is the ‘astounding incompetent’, Favre the indispensible player, and Rodgers is Grossman-like. At the time Kaake wrote that in August of 2008, Favre had already melted down in numerous playoff games. He had already looked like he wanted to be anywhere except the bitter cold of Chicago and the NFC Championship game in his last season with the Packers. And Rodgers had already come off the bench cold and outplayed him in Dallas that season. Rewind the clock and assume Thompson had stuck with Favre and Rodgers had left after his rookie contract expired. Who would look the fool? The only thing Kaake got right was the importance of Thompson’s decision. He and McCarthy showed incredible courage going against Packers fans who idolized Favre. Thank goodness they did!

I’ll leave it for Cold Hard Football Facts to detail his epic meltdowns. Suffice it to say there were ample football reasons to move beyond Favre that were obvious to many of us in 2008. And at the time of Kaake's article, Thompson and McCarthy had already had three+ seasons to work with and evaluate Rodgers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started to hate him when he first came out of retirement and went to play for the Jets.
Why?
For being a flip flopper.
Once you make up your mind and say your going to do something, you should stick to that no matter what.
Sure he helped the Pack win a SB after a long drought, but then goes back and loses the 1st SB the Pack had ever lost. And also loses the 1st playoff game at Lambeau with many more to follow.
If Burt had been as serious as Rodgers is, or not a skirt chasing party dude drug addict, the Pack would have been on top for years in the 90s.
He had the chance to turn it into a dynasty but failed.

Members online

Latest posts