Culpepper to Pack?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
'PEPPER EYEING PACK?

A league source tells us that the Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper could be eyeballing the Green Bay Packers as his next NFL landing spot.

If it happens, Culpepper would be a candidate to serve as the backup to starter Brett Favre, and could then be the guy to succeed Favre when he retires in 2025.

We're exaggerating. The real number is more like 2015.

Culpepper has primarily been linked to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and there's no indication that the Packers would have an interest in the former Vikings starter. We can't imagine Culpepper wanting to try to fill Favre's shoes, unless Culpepper's motivation is to try to stick it to the Vikes, with whom he had a messy divorce in 2006.

I didn't read that he wants to come to the Packers.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the price were right, I'd look at him. With good coaching I think Cullpepper could be a decent QB.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh come on

I say it every time, probably missed a few rumors lately cause i only check back once a week during the summer but...every time a player is released or up for trade or whatever...he's rumored on here to go to the packers

i'm surprised there hasn't been a "Kobe Bryant to the Packers" thread started by somebody on here yet

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see this happening. I don't think they would take away the backup job from Rodgers. I can see the appeal of wanting to come to GB, with a young, up-and-coming team. But I think Rodgers is still their guy.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh come on

I say it every time, probably missed a few rumors lately cause i only check back once a week during the summer but...every time a player is released or up for trade or whatever...he's rumored on here to go to the packers

i'm surprised there hasn't been a "Kobe Bryant to the Packers" thread started by somebody on here yet

Replies like this are precisely why I refuse to donate to this forum. All I was looking for was an alternate source to confirm or deny the PFT post. I'll take my 50 bucks and spend it on a more worthwhile cause.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenna Jamison to lead Packers' Cheer Squad!

Don't sweat it HTE084. People are just bored right now...I am quite confident there was nothing personal intended in those comments.

Now, quit being a whiney ***** and keep writing stuff....your contributions are always welcome.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why he would want to stick it to the Vikes.

He didn't like Childress, refused to talk with the guy , and forced a trade to his home state of Florida.

He got everything he wanted........so it serves him right he's in limbo land, imo.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
oh come on

Replies like this are precisely why I refuse to donate to this forum. All I was looking for was an alternate source to confirm or deny the PFT post. I'll take my 50 bucks and spend it on a more worthwhile cause.
Don't let it bug you Packone.
There are people like that on ALL sites. Someone will always try to pee on your charcoal. Just let it roll off your back and don't take it to heart.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pee on the charcoal.....ahhhhh....sweet Boy Scout memories from camp. Big bon fire....12 - 15 scouts jazzed on Coca-Cola, bladders ready to burst....wind blowing toward adjacent troop's campsite 150 yards through the woods....TIME TO PUT THE FIRE OUT!!!!

And then scamper through the woods to witness the response of the other troop as the reek of burnt urine envelopes them.

Thanks for bringing back fond memories, Cheesey.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone will always try to pee on your charcoal.

That is a good one Cheesey, I never heard that one before, but it sure got me laughing.
I like it better then "rain on your parade!" :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Someone will always try to pee on your charcoal.

That is a good one Cheesey, I never heard that one before, but it sure got me laughing.
Cheesey likes those "golden showers." :rotflmao:
OHHHHHHHHH YUCK!!!
It amazes me how someone can get turned on by someone PEEING on them!!!
It just grosses me out!!! :thumbsup:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it happens, Culpepper would be a candidate to serve as the backup to starter Brett Favre, and could then be the guy to succeed Favre when he retires in 2025.

We're exaggerating. The real number is more like 2015.

It's remarks like this that makes me question PFT and makes it hard for me to take anything they say seriously.

I would like for Culpepper to be in Green Bay. I rather have him as the backup plan than Ingle Martin if Rodgers were to fail and considering this could be Favre's last year it would be nice to see Culpepper sit on the bench for a year and heal. He is still a fairly young QB when you think about it.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper has virtually zero trade value at this point. If a team was truly interested, they'd be negotiating for him right now, which is still possible I guess.

The Dolphins will be lucky if anyone offers a 6th for him or even a draft pick period. I think the few teams that would remotely be interested would probably just bide their time and wait for the Dolphins to cut him and sign him as a FA.

As far as him coming to the Packers, I don't want him anywhere near this football team. The guy has been absolute garbage since Randy left him and has missed well more than half of each of the previous 2 seasons. At least with Aaron Rodgers, we have potential he could turn into a decent QB. With Culpepper, you have an 30 year-old "mobile" QB with a bum leg who hasn't done anything in nearly 3 years. I'd take Ingle and Aaron as backups anyday over Fumblepepper.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HIm coming here makes no sense.

The pack wants to get younger..Culpepper's 30 something
The pack wants to be salary cap friendly..
Unless Culpepper's cut..he carries a bit salary...

Do they really think Culpepper can perform
better than Aaron Rodgers or even Ingle Martin?

He had a pancake offense in Minnesota..
"hey Daunte..hand off to Robert ..or if Chris Carter's in the middle throw..or if Randy is far enough away..throw"

That's the extent of that offense. When he lost his offensive pieces...
guess what..his TD total went down and interceptions went up.

Is he going to understand the intricacies of the west coast offense?
Well..POSSIBLY...since Mike McCarthy got something out of Aaron Brooks.

That in itself was a miracle.

Daunte was successful cuz of the pieces and his mobility.
He doesn't have all-star pieces here and he no longer is mobile.
I bet Aaron Rodgers can outrun him in a footrace.

Shoot..I bet Cliffy could get him..