Crockett in Harris out

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same day that McGinn releases a scathing article calling out, you guessed it, McCarthy & Thompson for not tinkering with the roster enough in season. Blaming them for becoming too complacent. Interesting:whistling:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

McCarthy must have finally realized that Nate Palmer is the WORST cover linebacker in the NFL

OP
OP
M

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same day that McGinn releases a scathing article calling out, you guessed it, McCarthy & Thompson for not tinkering with the roster enough in season. Blaming them for becoming too complacent. Interesting:whistling:
I'd believe it's more likley he heard rumblings of changes coming, especially since MM said it after the last game, so he wrote an article about it, rather than TT and MM responded to an article McGinn wrote

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swapping out one guy who won't dress for another guy who won't dress. TT is living on the edge today!!!

OP
OP
M

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swapping out one guy who won't dress for another guy who won't dress. TT is living on the edge today!!!
You nailed that one :)

I thought the same thing as you though. Lacy must be in the dog house, well Starks too i'd bet now. Well all of them actually. They all were bobbling the ball last night, Starks had 2 fumbles at least and a bobbled handoff. Luckily they were both recovered. Lacy bobbled a handoff, Crocket too.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I didn't know Crockett was promoted until I saw/heard it during the broadcast. After a Lions punt I noticed #38 on the field all excited and pumped up. My mind starts trying to remember who #38 is and loving the enthusiasm of what I thought was a special teams player coming off the field. Low and behold its Crockett and he is coming in to play. He maintained that enthusiasm the entire time he was out there and its effect on the team showed, they actually had results and looked alive. Not saying it was the turning point of the game, but I do think the spark a rookie provided what appeared to be a dead offense, was awesome to see. Nice move by whoever made that decision!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope they work on implementing him more, especially in the screen game. He has impressive foot quickness and suddeness that many other teams have in their RBs that ours lack.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crockett ran hard, with suddenness , violence and enthusiasm. I think he gave the team a lift when they needed it most.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see more of Crockett. He looks like a breakaway splash run waiting to happen.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Per Ian Rapport on Twitter, Packers are giving Jake Ryan an expanded role at ILB.
As the author notes, what took so long? It would be one thing if they were getting good play out of the ILB not named Clay Matthews but they weren't. When there's a more physically talented rookie on the roster at a spot where the vet isn't getting it done, play the rookie! What's the difference if the rookie is out of position vs. the vet not being able to make a play? The difference is the rookie is likely to get better with experience.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan played hard and well. TJV, I too am at a loss as to why it took so long to give him an expanded role.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked Crockett and was really surprised when they cut him. And he looked good. But to be fair to Lacy; Crockett actually had a couple of holes to run through. Lacy had nothing but stacked lines.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan is fast and flies around out there. Once he harnesses his ability, he might be a good one for us.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I always liked Crockett and was really surprised when they cut him. And he looked good. But to be fair to Lacy; Crockett actually had a couple of holes to run through. Lacy had nothing but stacked lines.
IIRC, Crockett was the most well-rounded of the RBs not name Lacy or Starks in preseason. I too was surprised they kept Harris instead of Crokett. He looked good in limited snaps last night, but I though Harris did too when he got the ball previously.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think we are going to see Crockett take over for Lacy or Starks anytime soon, but he is a nice 3rd option that also may have taken the first team to ever see him play by surprise.

D

Deleted member 6794

Was the disaster on the TD to the Det. TE his bad? Just asking, wish him the best.

I think that one is on Clinton-Dix. He´s the one lining up the secondary on that play and completely missed no one was covering Ebron. The coaching staff should have called a timeout there (actually McCarthy tried to but the officials didn´t get it).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts