1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett in Harris out

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mondio, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
  2. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    Same day that McGinn releases a scathing article calling out, you guessed it, McCarthy & Thompson for not tinkering with the roster enough in season. Blaming them for becoming too complacent. Interesting:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  3. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

McCarthy must have finally realized that Nate Palmer is the WORST cover linebacker in the NFL

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    I really like what I saw from him. Glad to see him getting utilized.

6. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    I'd believe it's more likley he heard rumblings of changes coming, especially since MM said it after the last game, so he wrote an article about it, rather than TT and MM responded to an article McGinn wrote

7. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,074
    Swapping out one guy who won't dress for another guy who won't dress. TT is living on the edge today!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PackerinATL

PackerinATL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  9. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    5 carries, 22 yards;)

10. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    He looked pretty good. I like what I saw. Why did Lacy sit so much?

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Coaches decision is what announcers said.

12. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    You nailed that one :)

I thought the same thing as you though. Lacy must be in the dog house, well Starks too i'd bet now. Well all of them actually. They all were bobbling the ball last night, Starks had 2 fumbles at least and a bobbled handoff. Luckily they were both recovered. Lacy bobbled a handoff, Crocket too.

13. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,932
    I didn't know Crockett was promoted until I saw/heard it during the broadcast. After a Lions punt I noticed #38 on the field all excited and pumped up. My mind starts trying to remember who #38 is and loving the enthusiasm of what I thought was a special teams player coming off the field. Low and behold its Crockett and he is coming in to play. He maintained that enthusiasm the entire time he was out there and its effect on the team showed, they actually had results and looked alive. Not saying it was the turning point of the game, but I do think the spark a rookie provided what appeared to be a dead offense, was awesome to see. Nice move by whoever made that decision!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +341
    I really hope they work on implementing him more, especially in the screen game. He has impressive foot quickness and suddeness that many other teams have in their RBs that ours lack.

15. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939
    Crockett ran hard, with suddenness , violence and enthusiasm. I think he gave the team a lift when they needed it most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I'd like to see more of Crockett. He looks like a breakaway splash run waiting to happen.

17. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    As the author notes, what took so long? It would be one thing if they were getting good play out of the ILB not named Clay Matthews but they weren't. When there's a more physically talented rookie on the roster at a spot where the vet isn't getting it done, play the rookie! What's the difference if the rookie is out of position vs. the vet not being able to make a play? The difference is the rookie is likely to get better with experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939
    Ryan played hard and well. TJV, I too am at a loss as to why it took so long to give him an expanded role.

19. jetfixer

jetfixer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Was the disaster on the TD to the Det. TE his bad? Just asking, wish him the best.

20. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    I always liked Crockett and was really surprised when they cut him. And he looked good. But to be fair to Lacy; Crockett actually had a couple of holes to run through. Lacy had nothing but stacked lines.

21. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939

I had the impression the problem was in the secondary. The defense's version of a busted play.

22. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Ryan is fast and flies around out there. Once he harnesses his ability, he might be a good one for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    IIRC, Crockett was the most well-rounded of the RBs not name Lacy or Starks in preseason. I too was surprised they kept Harris instead of Crokett. He looked good in limited snaps last night, but I though Harris did too when he got the ball previously.

24. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,932
    I don't think we are going to see Crockett take over for Lacy or Starks anytime soon, but he is a nice 3rd option that also may have taken the first team to ever see him play by surprise.

25. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,635
    I think that one is on Clinton-Dix. He´s the one lining up the secondary on that play and completely missed no one was covering Ebron. The coaching staff should have called a timeout there (actually McCarthy tried to but the officials didn´t get it).