Corner Backs

Reaction score
I consider that prediction to be extremely negative. While I expect the Packers to lose at Atlanta it´s more likely the team enters the bye week at 6-1 in my opinion.
And I consider that prediction to be aggressively positive, to the level of homerism. Put it on the board?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I truly believe the Packers don´t have any legitimate competition to win the division this year. Unfortunately there are some teams in the NFC capable of challenging them.

I don't know how much of a run they'll give the Packers for the division, but the Vikings look like a tough out to me. And they won the thing two years ago over the Packers. Last year they went .500 but were one of the most injury stricken teams in the league. Now they get a full offseason with their starting QB in house and don't have to deal with all that chaos of getting Bradford ready to go after he had only been there for a week. Their defense should remain strong. I would not sleep on Minnesota.

D

Deleted member 6794

And I consider that prediction to be aggressively positive, to the level of homerism. Put it on the board?

That's most likely the first time I've been called a homer around here. ;) I'm ready to put it on board that the Packers only lose at Atlanta before their bye week.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't know how much of a run they'll give the Packers for the division, but the Vikings look like a tough out to me. And they won the thing two years ago over the Packers. Last year they went .500 but were one of the most injury stricken teams in the league. Now they get a full offseason with their starting QB in house and don't have to deal with all that chaos of getting Bradford ready to go after he had only been there for a week. Their defense should remain strong. I would not sleep on Minnesota.
Well it took a complete collective collapse that allowed Minny to win that division after the Packers started 6-0.

But I do agree that the Vikings should not be overlooked. They'll be in playoff contention.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well it took a complete collective collapse that allowed Minny to win that division after the Packers started 6-0.

But I do agree that the Vikings should not be overlooked. They'll be in playoff contention.

Ok, but regardless of who was the winner and who was the wildcard, they went 11-5.

Reaction score
That's most likely the first time I've been called a homer around here. ;) I'm ready to put it on board that the Packers only lose at Atlanta before their bye week.
I was just going for the (hopefully obvious) hyperbole. :) I feel like if you are willing to go as extreme as 6-1, I should show the same bravery and go 3-4. I do feel like 4-3 is the more likely case, but you could equally easily say 5-2, so let's both stay on the boundaries on our respective perspectives.

You say 6-1, I say 3-4, put it on the board?
PUT IT ON THE BOARD!

Reaction score
I don´t consider the Vikings to be a playoff contender.
I do, both due to their strong defense and at least middling talented offense, and due to the weaknesses I perceive in our own team. I think they could challenge not only for a wildcard, but the division if our defense is as bad as I fear it could be.

D

Deleted member 6794

I do, both due to their strong defense and at least middling talented offense, and due to the weaknesses I perceive in our own team. I think they could challenge not only for a wildcard, but the division if our defense is as bad as I fear it could be.

FWIW it seems the oddmakers rather agree with my take on the Vikings.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don´t consider the Vikings to be a playoff contender.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think they'll make the playoffs. But I also believe that they will be in the mix in December. I like the combo of Cook/Murray in the backfield, and they remedied some of their issues on the o-line. I still expect their defense to be a top 5-10 unit, and I think their offense will only improve this year with Bradford having a full offseason to get good and acclimated.

Reaction score
Football Outsiders don't have the Vikings within their top 15 in their DVOA playoff odds report either.
I want them to NOT make the playoffs. The Vikings will never miss enough playoffs for me to be happy, and I hope that they lose every playoff game they do make to us. Having been born in the 80s, the Bears were already bad before I really loved the sport, so the Vikings have always been the NFC Central/North team I hated the most. I just know that, eventually, they will be good again and we will miss the playoffs. Has to happen sooner or later, and if our D is as bad as I fear it can be this year, it could be this year. I still think we benefit from a weak division, but they are the strongest (aside from us, obviously) within that weak division.

D

Deleted member 6794

Has to happen sooner or later, and if our D is as bad as I fear it can be this year, it could be this year. I still think we benefit from a weak division, but they are the strongest (aside from us, obviously) within that weak division.

I´m worried about the Packers defense as well but don´t expect the unit to deter the team to comfortably win the division this season. It might be a different story regarding the NFC though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This division isn't any weaker than any other one. Last year the NFC west was a joke. The NFC south? Atlanta and who? The East? Was there a team we didn't beat that we played? They were probably the best, but if MN doesn't have such a rotation on the offensive line last year with injury, there season ends a lot stronger. Detroit hd always had talent. Just can't seem to shake whatever funk has overtaken that place.

D

Deleted member 6794

This division isn't any weaker than any other one. Last year the NFC west was a joke. The NFC south? Atlanta and who? The East? Was there a team we didn't beat that we played? They were probably the best, but if MN doesn't have such a rotation on the offensive line last year with injury, there season ends a lot stronger. Detroit hd always had talent. Just can't seem to shake whatever funk has overtaken that place.

The NFC North isn´t any weaker than other divisions in the league but aside of the Packers I don´t consider another team to realistically contend for a Super Bowl berth.

Reaction score
I'm failing to see what the comparative strength or weakness of any other division has on how we will fare vs the Vikings....

H

HardRightEdge

Cornerbacks, cornerbacks, cornerbacks. These guys will be better than last year's crew, I'm fairly sure of that. The speed and intensity looks good. Good enough for you know what? We'll see.

Members online

Latest posts