Contracts

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never happen. If anything players are pushing for more guarantees and I don't blame them. But it can go too far that way for sure. There always has to be a balance between guarantees and incentives. No way i'm only paying for incentives if they can take me off the field before I hit a big milestone and not pay more, or a bad hit can keep me from earning any money. and if i'm an owner, no way am i committing every penny to a player who might not ever be the same after an injury for another 2,3,5 years.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Poor Tom Brady will miss his contract incentives (See Below)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...e-of-his-new-incentives/ar-BBQHx3K?li=BBnb7Kz

Here's my idea on all NFL football contracts, not just incentives:
Pay players on what they achieve on the field, not on paper.

What Say?
Become an owner or GM and give it a whirl. After a few off seasons, let me know how much your team sucks. Teams may want it, it isn't bad business. Players will never sign on the bottom line and some other team will start giving guarantees.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really not feasible to pay for performance based 100% of what happens on the field given the number of variables. Imagine a WR having his pay based on catches and yards and suddenly they are on their 4th QB for the year or a RB that blows out their knee 1 snap into the season.

Members online

Latest posts