Congratulations World Champs Packers - from the Steelers

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations Packers, you earned this plain and simple. Green Bay came into this game with superior professionalism and execution and buried the Steelers in a hole they couldn't dig out of. No excuses, no what ifs, no complaints about the refs. Congratulations.

The aspect of play that stood out to me was pointed out by Jimmy Johnson at halftime: Green Bay's excellent open field tackling. They did a helluva job at preventing YAC and breakaway runs at the right time. A lesser team would have allowed those crucial yards and potentially let Pittsburgh back into the game.

Somewhat ironically, a big negative factor in this game was the turf. Both teams had slips and injuries on plays that looked ordinary--I'm very surprised the footing was so bad.

Anyways, great game. Two great teams duking it out--Green Bay wanted it more and got it. Great game.

[edit] I'll get to the negative bit when I'm sober--lots of booze consumed tonight.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.

Congratulations. A well played game, mistakes on both sides. Green Bay was able to pull it out.

Enjoy the win, and let's hope the CBA is agreed so we can be back this summer.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats. I said I would come and shake your hands, and here I am.

Bill From Hanover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A well deserved SUPER BOWL WIN. Congratulations to the Packers and You Fans on a well played game.

Could not have asked for a better team to beat us .....

A true class organization and this is the first step of many Championships in the future !

Very Proud !

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on a great game and great season. You guys are the champs and it was well deserved.

We will get you next year though. :happy0005:

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Steelers can't own the trophy, there is no one better to than the loyal fans of Green Bay.

You guys are a first class organization. You played a heck of a game and did not let up at all. No matter how hard we fought to get back in it, your Packers were just to much for us tonight. A very well deserved congratulations from all of Steeler Nation.

Heres to no hangover next season (if we have a next season) and a rematch in Indianapolis!

Reverend Conehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed by how the Pack overcame key injuries, especially the one to Woodson. The forced turnovers were huge. They D held up big when the game was on the line and the Steelers had over 2 min and a TD + the extra point would have won it. Congrats.

Musashi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grats to the Packer fans.

I am glad we made it close but the Packers deserved it.

Also, i have to say that as a group Packer fans are among the best.

I hope you packer fans are as happy as i am sad right now.

GL next year.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had the game exactly where we wanted it. 2 minutes to go, Big Ben with the ball, and a drive and with a TD would all but secure the win.

Greenbay stopped the drive.

That is what championship football is about.

Members online

Latest posts