Competitive Rivalry

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Do you think Flynn's recent performance will cause Rodgers to want to go out in the Div. round and put up a record performance of his own or make him play even better than he has been (if that's even possible)? I think having a fire lit under Rodgers going into the playoffs could be a very good thing for our offense and our team as a whole.

Also slightly off topic, but I was initially fearful of Jennings possibly taking some significant explosion away from our offense. I gotta be honest I kinda forgot that he's been gone these last two games. Apart from the KC game which falls on our O-line and defense more than anything, our offense hasn't really skipped a beat. I wonder if it will get ever better when he comes back.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't think there is going to be any competitive rivalry between Flynn and Rodgers, cause they seem to be friends, and the Packers organization isn't saying anything to a point where they want another quarterback. It happened to Steve Young and the 49ers when his back ups would come in and kick ***, but it never happened again after he won them a Super Bowl, though can't say it didn't motivate him when the team wanted to start Grbac over him in '94, he played lights out after that.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think Rodgers will want to prove that he's not just a "system quarterback" :)

That's kinda what I meant. Maybe competitive rivalry was the wrong term.

Everyone with an IQ above 40 knows Rodgers is an elite QB. Maybe he just needs to remind a few people.

Inb4 he throws for 7 touchdowns in the div round

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think A-Rod will do what he always does play at his best,after all he was helping on the sidelines for awhile I think what Flynn showed was he has a great teacher who helped him and now could start any where.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has gotta be loving his statement about Rodgers being put in a great situation so hes not surprised. Flynns performance just backs that up.....at face value.

But I always hear about Rodgers and his grudges and need to prove himself, so I think this is great motivation for him if anything, and it happened at a perfect time for you guys.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should start Flynn instead of Rodgers in the playoffs...go with the hot hand AND flynn almost beat the patriots last year.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think QB1 cares about individual records/awards as much. He cares about setting a high standard for himself of course, but cares more about helping the TEAM WIN.

Don't forget, he was calling all the plays in the 1st half, and it was HEAVY pass.

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On his radio show with Jason Wilde, he mentioned that it's become kind of common to say the Packers aren't quite the same dominant team or overwhelming choice to win the Super Bowl. It seems obvious he was alluding to the gushing over the Saints. He also said that maybe the Packers would have to change that perception a little bit.

Or something to that effect. Let's just say he sounded a little irritated. And the talk of him being a system QB has really seemed to **** him off.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On his radio show with Jason Wilde, he mentioned that it's become kind of common to say the Packers aren't quite the same dominant team or overwhelming choice to win the Super Bowl. It seems obvious he was alluding to the gushing over the Saints. He also said that maybe the Packers would have to change that perception a little bit.

Or something to that effect. Let's just say he sounded a little irritated. And the talk of him being a system QB has really seemed to **** him off.

That's a good thing. We like when Rodgers is out to prove someone wrong. Can't ****en wait. :)

Members online

Latest posts