comments??

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I am sooo tired of the line "Brett has said he will never play for anyone else" used everytime the issue of him possibly going somewhere else comes up. Interesting fact - this line has not been used by him this year.

Sure he has stated that in the past, BUT that was BEFORE things became "Complicated" as he delicately puts it. Maybe the man should be allowed to change his mind based on what he sees with the Green Bay Organizations Direction ?

P@ck 66 is right and for anyone who does not believe wanting out of this mess is a slight possibility, please explain what you think Brett means by the word "COMPLICATED" ?

Winnie..sorry you are tired but Brett HAS said this, this season. What exactly IS your favorite team. Maybe you don't get REAL newspapers up in **** Country.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
I am sooo tired of the line "Brett has said he will never play for anyone else" used everytime the issue of him possibly going somewhere else comes up. Interesting fact - this line has not been used by him this year.

Sure he has stated that in the past, BUT that was BEFORE things became "Complicated" as he delicately puts it. Maybe the man should be allowed to change his mind based on what he sees with the Green Bay Organizations Direction ?

P@ck 66 is right and for anyone who does not believe wanting out of this mess is a slight possibility, please explain what you think Brett means by the word "COMPLICATED" ?

Winnie..sorry you are tired but Brett HAS said this, this season. What exactly IS your favorite team. Maybe you don't get REAL newspapers up in **** Country.

Brett said it in the first chapter of his book and did say it this season. That being said, my first thought when reviewing his interview was "I wonder if he wants to play for another team?" I don't think he ever would, but I did wonder after hearing that interview.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's not a man that goes from team to team. Brett is a traditional guy who likes to stick to one thing, good times and bad. he has said many times that he will never go into another uniform, and i tak his word for that... he's a country-boy, he keep's o his word...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So..

Y'all expect him to be a MARTYR for the GB Packers and take a pounding because TT has done nothing to shore up the O-Line...and also have no receivers to throw to....and did I mention that the Packers don't have a running game yet?

But Favre's supposed to take it for the team since it's the GB Packers..right?

I can understand this attitude if we were talking about a rookie QB...but not after what Favre has ALREADY DONE..for this franchise...

Cut the guy a break already..won't ya???

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol how WEAK 'he hasnt said it this year' ITS FREAKING THE FIRST WEEK OF THE SECOND MONTH OF THE YEAR!! How many interviews has he given?

Weak, very weak argument.

Brett knows and when he feels WE should know we will. Get over it, everyone including me.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66 is right as rain. So is this writer. I agree and have been thinking that Brett wants a new opportunity for some time now. Look back at some of my posts.

Those of you, who will hate him, find him a hypocrite, and request that his jersey never be retired in Green Bay ask yourself the following questions.

Have you ever filed for and were granted a divorce?

Do you have a friend that has ever filed for and been granted a divorce?

Do you associate; have a drink with, play golf with, any one who has filed for and been granted a divorce? Do you work for a company that is owned by someone who filed for and was granted a divorce?

If you answered yes to any of the above then you are the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

When did Brett make the commitment and take the oath: “Til death do us part.â€

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you may be looking into Favre's words more than he does when he says them....is Favre a liar?

He's stated time and again he will play for the GB Packers or retire...

Let me ask the question again: do you think Favre is a lying hypocrite?

I don't....I take his words at face value and try not to twist them to mean something they don't.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Pack66 is right as rain. So is this writer. I agree and have been thinking that Brett wants a new opportunity for some time now. Look back at some of my posts.

Those of you, who will hate him, find him a hypocrite, and request that his jersey never be retired in Green Bay ask yourself the following questions.

Have you ever filed for and were granted a divorce?

Do you have a friend that has ever filed for and been granted a divorce?

Do you associate; have a drink with, play golf with, any one who has filed for and been granted a divorce? Do you work for a company that is owned by someone who filed for and was granted a divorce?

If you answered yes to any of the above then you are the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

When did Brett make the commitment and take the oath: “Til death do us part.â€

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lol how WEAK 'he hasnt said it this year' ITS FREAKING THE FIRST WEEK OF THE SECOND MONTH OF THE YEAR!! How many interviews has he given?

Weak, very weak argument.

True Z2C, but he has said:

"I never did expect things to become so complicated"

Any speculation into this quote would be appreciated because it has to mean something my friend.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Favre in Denver....

I can see that...

(Two more SB's for Shanahan...Favre goes out a champion..!)

By the way..I would be rooting for the Pack..but they're not going to be in contention for quite awhile....SO..I would root for Favre...in the meantime...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Favre in Denver....

I can see that...

(Two more SB's for Shanahan...Favre goes out a champion..!)

By the way..I would be rooting for the Pack..but they're not going to be in contention for quite awhile....SO..I would root for Favre...in the meantime...

Bronc66..has a ring to it...if Favre leaves for Denver, why not just stay a Bronco fan afterward? It's not like you root hard for the Pack the way it is...remember it's the GB Favres, not the GB Packers anyway, right?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a columnist from Kansas City. And he is writing (according to my opinion of the article's content) something Whitlock knows nothing about -Brett Favre's retirement.. I can hardly wait to get my hands on his book, (in the author's dreams) which somebody thought to be thought provoking and funny. This could be Whitlock's literary agent's opinion!! From accuracy of his column on Favre's retirement, Whitlock's work of art ( his book) will be in the fiction section of the Library. His Favre column had no basis in fact, Whitlock only desired to write a shock piece on Favre . I found nothing thought provoking or funny or accurate in this column by Whitlock.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No ND..

I've been a Packer fan since the 60's...and it ain't gonna change....

But Brett has maybe 2-3 years left in his NFL career..and I'd like to see him go out on top....especially since the last 7 years of his career has been squandered by poor GM decisions...poorer coaching...and a general lack of knowledge by the Packer organization on how to put a winning team back together around him....

No..I will still be a Packer fan long after Favre's retirement...but a player as good as he is deserves to go out on top with all of the passing records, and at least 2 SB's in his back pocket on the way to Canton, Ohio....and not have to suffer the slings and arrows of ungrateful "Packer fans"...who blame him for things that are beyond his control...

Just as I'm sure that fans from San Francisco still wanted to see Montana do well in KC, and did not have this fascistic leaning towards the San Fran Organization by labeling Montana a traitor and a bum for not finishing out the final days of his career there....

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd root for Favre on another team unless it was against the Packers. The team he would go to would be a factor as well, eg. Vikings and stinkin' Broncos - no way!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
No ND..

I've been a Packer fan since the 60's...and it ain't gonna change....

But Brett has maybe 2-3 years left in his NFL career..and I'd like to see him go out on top....especially since the last 7 years of his career has been squandered by poor GM decisions...poorer coaching...and a general lack of knowledge by the Packer organization on how to put a winning team back together around him....

No..I will still be a Packer fan long after Favre's retirement...but a player as good as he is deserves to go out on top with all of the passing records, and at least 2 SB's in his back pocket on the way to Canton, Ohio....and not have to suffer the slings and arrows of ungrateful "Packer fans"...who blame him for things that are beyond his control...

Just as I'm sure that fans from San Francisco still wanted to see Montana do well in KC, and did not have this fascistic leaning towards the San Fran Organization by labeling Montana a traitor and a bum for not finishing out the final days of his career there....

Unfortanetly Pack Montana was run out of San Fran as was Young. Marino was asked to Leave as well. Now is TT asking for Favre to hang it up. No I really dont believe that as much as I once did.

As far as my comments about not retiring Favres number they would be valid for me if Favre requested a trade. Does Favre deserve to go out on top sure we all deserve to go out on top in life. Favre winning another SB does not define or Validate his career in my mind. Elway went out on top because thats how it happened for him. There are no gaurentees in life and Favre going to another team does not gaurentee him anything. Just as Montana going to KC did not get them a SB. Favre is a great QB and in my mind deserves to finish his career in GB were it truely started

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But JB...

What does staying in Green Bay "guarantee" Favre....?

Another shellacking behind a terrible offensive line?
A suspect running game and shaky receiving corps?

Another frustrating 4-12 season..???

You've got to look at the other side of the coin too their pal..sometimes...

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True and nothing gaurentees him being on a team that makes a run to the SB or 0-16 Same thing in GB as anywhere else in the league

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
So..

Y'all expect him to be a MARTYR for the GB Packers and take a pounding because TT has done nothing to shore up the O-Line...and also have no receivers to throw to....and did I mention that the Packers don't have a running game yet?

But Favre's supposed to take it for the team since it's the GB Packers..right?

I can understand this attitude if we were talking about a rookie QB...but not after what Favre has ALREADY DONE..for this franchise...

Cut the guy a break already..won't ya???

How about wanting to be the guy to turn the Packers around? I can't for the life of me see Favre saying "You know what, I don't think the Packers are going to be good this year so let me see if I can bail on them and try to go to a good team and pick up an easy ring."

Any of you guys that think this is the case hasn't been paying attention to Brett Favre the past 15 years.....that's not what he is all about. I'm shocked that P@ck66 would believe this.

I saw Barry Sanders on Jim Rome's show last week, and when he was aked if he was disappointed being drafted by the Lions and their horrible history, he replied that he really wasn't because it would be even better to help turn around a franchise that has been losing. I gotta think Favre feels the same way. It would mean more for him to bring glory back to the Packers in a year or two than to help that bucktoothed, hairlipped coach in Denver win another one.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon DePack..

What do you think the Pack's chances are of turning it around this year...OR THE NEXT..with the things TT has done so far at the helm?

Do you think it's been "fun" for Favre playing for GB for the last few years???

Because I sure don't...

(I think Favre sees the writing on the wall in Green Bay..don't you?)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
C'mon DePack..

What do you think the Pack's chances are of turning it around this year...OR THE NEXT..with the things TT has done so far at the helm?

Do you think it's been "fun" for Favre playing for GB for the last few years???

Because I sure don't...

(I think Favre sees the writing on the wall in Green Bay..don't you?)

So Pack66 clear this up for me. So was last year TT's Fault or Shermans? Man you love having it both ways from sunday huh. For the life of me I dont understand how you Packk of all people have written off the Packers with only one game left to go before the league's off season. And yes I think it was fun for Favre. Moreover what does it say about Favre after one season to up and run from the Pack after all he was part of the team and his own miscues cost the packers games this year.

Not blaming Favre but he holds in own place amongst the responsable.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's what's so funny to me...

That some of you people think it's so cut and dry and that if Favre threw a few less interceptions..then the Pack would have been in the playoffs...

I have new for you...

The Packers have been on a downward slide for a few years now...and they are in deep trouble...That is why TT started to rebuild now....

NOw I don't blame him for that..per se..but what I do blame is Harlan for letting it get so bad under the incompetent Sherman......

My problem is that I knew Favre had limited time with the Pack and in the NFL...and they didn't do anything to really get him to where they should be in 7 years...to the SB...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OK..now I understand you...

and that's total bullsh*t by the way...

You're on the bandwagon with the Favre bashers and haters..and that's ok..I guess..but let's get it out in the open...

I guess it was Favre's "fault" the Packers kept making it to the playoff's year after year too...or was that somebody else who did that...

I am getting sooo tired of that BS line that Favre makes bad decisions...

(Put him in Denver or give him TO in GB....and you'll see all of the bad decisions he makes....He'll be making them all the way to the SB next year!)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
OK..now I understand you...

and that's total bullsh*t by the way...

You're on the bandwagon with the Favre bashers and haters..and that's ok..I guess..but let's get it out in the open...

I guess it was Favre's "fault" the Packers kept making it to the playoff's year after year too...or was that somebody else who did that...

I am getting sooo tired of that BS line that Favre makes bad decisions...

(Put him in Denver or give him TO in GB....and you'll see all of the bad decisions he makes....He'll be making them all the way to the SB next year!)

Pack ok ok Yeah I am a hater lol. Anyway there is something you have which is blindness. I think Favre is one of the Best QB's in the history of the NFL. But he is a gunslinger. Gunslingers are known for taking risks. Sometimes Favre is guilty of taking a risk when none is needed. What I talk about is last year during the Viking game in the Playoffs. He clearly crossed the line of scrimmage. He had many options available to him instead of boneheading it. (If that is bashing the man then I have been doing that the entire time Brett has played for the Pack. Which he has made alot of dumb decisions in his career but has made many many many more good ones.)

Now at that time he had the recievers the line the running game. Problem D sucked ***. I want Favre in Green and Gold period. If he weree to leave I would be pissed sorry I would be. I was pissed when White went to Carolina after retiring. However his situation was completly differant.

Favre IMO opinion needs to take the challege of helping a young team get better and compete. Otherwise all he has said about wanting a challege having fun and retiring a Packer is hollow.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow what a bull crap story favre doesnt want to play for another team and some one said favre would hold out ha that would never happen not in a millon billon years

Members online