1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Come here for Help, Questions and Answers on Green Bay

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by longtimefan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Is there a cigar shop in GB w/a walk in humidor? Also do they allow you to smoke your cigars in the store as well? The one we have is called Tinder Box

2. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Oct.2nd 2006 a friend offered me a tic to see the packers play MNF against the Eagles. That was my first NFL game & haven't made it back since. After the game it took me at least 1 hr. to find where my friend had parked. What a mess those parking lots were in!!!!! I live in MS & the only way I'd go see them(the Titans) play is if they played the Packers,which they do this year....in GB. I plan on being a resident by then. GO PACK GO!!!

3. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +487
    Green Bay is a drinking town with a football problem. LOL

• Like Like x 3
  4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Actually, if you stay on 57/32 another 10 miles, it becomes four lanes and a straight shot into Milwaukee without a curve for about 40 miles until you get to I-43. (google earth the satellite shot for Plymouth once and follow the highway south)

5. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    I asked before but don't recall an answer. By chance is there a cigar shop in or around Green Bay? Possibly one w/a walk in humidor where you can smoke your cigars in the store & shoot the breeze

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    One in Appleton I think....

7. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    thanks

8. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Looking to buy a house in GB. Is Lambeau Field in East or West GB.

9. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Kind of depends if you mean the city of GB, or just the GB metro area? It is on the west side of the Fox River which bisects the city and metro area.

10. James Lewis

James Lewis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    any advice on how i can meet jennings and woodson to get there autographs would u go on a training camp day

11. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +487

Bring your bike.

12. James Lewis

James Lewis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    have u had the pleasure of getting woodsons autograph

13. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    SW side of City of Green Bay or Village of Ashwaubenon.

14. chestermarcol

chestermarcol Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if I can sell t-shirts in the Lambeau Field parking lot, or at least around, the streets around Lambeau? And if so, is it a peddler's license I get or a direct sellers permit? Thanks in advance.

15. friendofaPackersfan

friendofaPackersfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OK...I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for help from you Packers fans. I live in Vancouver, BC Canada, and my best friend is a HUGE Packers fan. He has recently been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease, and he's only 38 years old. His life expectancy is 2 years (he was diagnosed in Jan 2012). I am looking for any advice as to how to contact the Packers about getting him some sort of Packers "experience". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen

16. Jennifer Stawicki

Jennifer Stawicki Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What are some of the best traditions for a Packer's game? I've never been to a game but I want to go as soon as I get the opportunity! So, what are some things that you should do at the game?

17. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    It's a Wisconsin law if u eat a brat u gotta wash it down w/a beer. The game I went to I painted my face 1/2 green 1/2 yellow. Besides yell & scream at the opposing team. If your going to eat & drink there take at least $40. That covered 3beers a brat & a souvenir cup.

18. Jennifer Stawicki

Jennifer Stawicki Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you so much for the feedback! Anyone else have traditions?

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    1st time there, get there when doors open to take it all in..Walk around the stadium, see pro shop, and all that stuff..
    Or go for a tour before game day

Then on game day just walk through the concourse, have someone take your picture the 1st moment you see it all

20. JRB

JRB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,
    I'm looking for a little help. I'm a Packer fan currently living/working in Japan. I'm originally from Oklahoma, but have not made it to Green Bay before. This summer when the schedule came out I booked my trip home to see my family with a stop in Green Bay on the way. I fly into Green Bay on November 4th at noon and plan on going to the MNF game against the Bears. I fly out the next day to OKC around 1900. Just a quick trip to Titletown, but I have to catch a game while I have the opportunity. I also booked a room through booking.com as soon as the schedule came out. Somehow, that booking got cancelled and now I am screwed with only a few weeks until trip time. If anybody has any recommendations or avenues for assistance, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Try Kewaunee Wi, they might have rooms in that town

here is one place

(920)388-3565.

22. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Outside of the GB metro area, try Kewaunee, Shawano, Kaukauna, Manitowoc, Kimberly, Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Brillion, Oshkosh, Marinette, Oconto, Sturgeon Bay, Door county in your searches. All are within an hour of Lambeau.
    Farther out is Port Washington, Fondulac, Sheboygan, Wausau, Stevens Point, Waupaca, and the Northern Milwaukee 'burbs. These all run up to 90 minutes away.

23. JRB

JRB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the recommendations. I actually came across a friend on facebook who has family in the area. I think I would rather stay with them or just rent a van for a night and pass out somewhere :eek:
    I can't come to Green Bay and not enjoy myself in the tailgate scene.

24. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +193
    i like the sound of this

25. Packers_16-0

Packers_16-0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I have a question where do I go to buy a stock of the packers organization. And officially become an packer owner