OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same guy?

Crabbs

Route Tree - Love his variance working off the line of scrimmage. He'll slow play his routes to allow created space in the underneath areas but provides good burst to accelerate into separation once he puts the pedal down. Smooth at the top of route breaks. Was a killer on over routes and option routes from the slot

Solak

Route Running: Quality short/intermediate route runner. Ability to get feet outside of the frame and work shoulders/hips/head with his footwork is ideal for an intermediate separator. Uses euro-step like footwork at the top of his route to force corners into bad leverage/false steps that allow him to quickly separate into the middle of the field; good stem pacing to eat up vertical ground and surprise off-cover or flat-foot corners with vertical burst. Varies pace nicely. Far more effective in-breaking than out-breaking at this stage and must develop a better instinct for generating leverage against the sideline. Not an overly physical player as a route-runner and can get bodied in the contact window. High-quality scramble drill player who will become an ally for a play-extending QB

Marino

PROS: Smooth operator and a true route technician. Varies his route tempo to keep corners guessing and there is plenty of variance to how he releases into his stem.

Harris

He displays good instincts against zone and will adjust his route accordingly. He is a crafty route runner who knows how to set up defenders to win against man coverage.

I went through two game cut ups and posted my thoughts on every snap over in the wide receiver thread. Needless to say, I don't like him as well as the guys over at The Draft Network.

Reaction score
IMO. We should be keying on players that fit the profile to get on the field ASAP. Some of those traits that would help:
1. Not getting ready for any surgery that will prohibit them from being 100% by OTA’s. No Vince Biegel here.
2. Having high mental aptitude (quick learner). Similar to B. Martinez mental profile, Hard worker types who put the work in and don’t have any concerns with energy.
3. Players that score high marks in leadership (position Captains, Character award nominees, etc..)
Players that have positive personalities or are highly energetic. (Think ZaDarius here)
High character players that enhance the Locker room environment.

I know we all get impressed with physical characteristics, but we need players that have a short learning curve and that have a higher probability of getting on the field pronto (players from similar systems in college and from Universities that run complex O and D systems).

I just feel we need escalate the balance of their mental talent with the physical attributes more this season. We don’t need any more project types (Gary, Burks etc..)
We’d also do well to lean more experienced players with a minimum 3-4 full seasons as starters at the collegiate level, with rare exception (Clear top 50 talent etc..). Including, but not limited to, players that Redshirted, plus 4 years of consistency, with clear year to year improvements or equivalency.

Lastly, we should consider moving in chips from next years hand to get better cards now, if that situation presents itself.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see a situation where we draft him, but man, I really, really, like CJ Henderson. He'd be perfect to pair with Jaire. Lock down corners.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved what I heard about Patrick Murray. Said he was a leader on and off the field. Absolutely focused on football. Loves playing and is a student of the game and has a lot of charisma.

After his combine I think he will go around 15.

Not sure where Queen goes, but I think we would need to move up to 25ish to get him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved what I heard about Patrick Murray. Said he was a leader on and off the field. Absolutely focused on football. Loves playing and is a student of the game and has a lot of charisma.

After his combine I think he will go around 15.

Not sure where Queen goes, but I think we would need to move up to 25ish to get him.

Patrick Murray would be a hell of a LB.

Members online

Latest posts