OLB Matthews
C Tretter
CB Randall
RB Starks
OT Murphy
TE Cook
DL Ringo

Randall Cobb playing after all.
Fackrell needs to make the most of Matthews being inactive. People say he's a 1 trick pony but really he is mixing it up pretty well. He's no Matthews but i believe we drafted a very good OLB who will get better as time goes by. LETS GO PACK!!!!

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm taking GB 30-24 over Indy today but I'd be lying if I said I'm confident about today's game.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fackrell needs to make the most of Matthews being inactive. People say he's a 1 trick pony but really he is mixing it up pretty well. He's no Matthews but i believe we drafted a very good OLB who will get better as time goes by. LETS GO PACK!!!!

Fackrell needs to step up and prove the Mathews is replaceable. Mathews is so overrated and constantly hurt

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh Oh Dwayne Allen playing! Can't have Jake Ryan try to cover him. Dorsett and Allen are the dangerous players this game. Of course Hilton also but i expect double team on him.

Chad Hart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May this be the turnaround game we are waiting for and show us the Pack is back.
Doubt it... Aaron Rodgers is playing like crap, 70 something yards in the first half is gonna get the job done and our defense cant stop anybody to save their lives. Weve gone stail under mike mcarthy.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, this defense, with or without injuries, sucks. Just as they have always sucked since 2010. They are completely incapable of cowboying up and making a play in a big game to win the game.
Need a new coordinator. We have talent but schemes seem confusing.

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it folks, this is a bad team. All 3 phases. Special teams has been horrible for years. Poor coverage and poor starting position on offense. No return game. It's bad, period. The offense is predictable and unproductive. The defense has sucked for years under Capers. It's time to start over. From the top down.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt it... Aaron Rodgers is playing like crap, 70 something yards in the first half is gonna get the job done and our defense cant stop anybody to save their lives. Weve gone stail under mike mcarthy.
I'll just go ahead and come out and say it.
Packers suck.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it folks, this is a bad team. All 3 phases. Special teams has been horrible for years. Poor coverage and poor starting position on offense. No return game. It's bad, period. The offense is predictable and unproductive. The defense has sucked for years under Capers. It's time to start over. From the top down.
I can hear Lombardi shouting from the other side.
"Just what the hell is going on out there?"
Why the F can't this team set it up for the future based on the past of it's legacy and history of greatness and winning ways?
Is someone paying them to turn into the Cleveland Clowns?

Lakekab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what I picture the locker room at half-time looking like; Mike McFatty heads straight to the buffet table and stuffs his face, Dum Capors finds a bed and takes a nap and the players drink beer and play cards. Worst coaching staff in the NFL!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's a mentality thing to me, not even just simply a talent / X's and O's thing. It's reminding me a bit of the 2004-2006 years. Not so much in the Favre style or the scoring, but just simply the fact that we had a team in those years that couldn't seem to get back up if they took a punch from good teams. That is what's driving people the most nuts around here and why I think coaching changes are starting to grow in discussion.

We're going to have to wait for the year to end to see where we really are, but it's certainly not good losing to a team that we shoulda hung 50 plus points on easily at home.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's a mentality thing to me, not even just simply a talent / X's and O's thing. It's reminding me a bit of the 2004-2006 years. Not so much in the Favre style or the scoring, but just simply the fact that we had a team in those years that couldn't seem to get back up if they took a punch from good teams. That is what's driving people the most nuts around here and why I think coaching changes are starting to grow in discussion.

We're going to have to wait for the year to end to see where we really are, but it's certainly not good losing to a team that we shoulda hung 50 plus points on easily at home.

I think its a combination of mental and a lack of above average talent at some positions. Sure with AR as your QB, you "should be" a dynamic offense. However, on offense the Packers have no running game, average wide receivers and nothing at TE. It is becoming obvious to me that expectations for our offense are way too high. That isn't to say that they can't get better, but as of today, the offense as a whole is nothing special.

On defense, average LB play and below average secondary play is killing them. Blame it on youth, injuries or Capers, but this defense as a whole is average.

It almost feels like in order to improve, the Players and coaches need a reboot of their minds and wake up to the fact that this is just an average team right now that is playing with the expectations of being much better then they actually are. How that reboot takes place and is sustained, I haven't a clue, but without it, I expect more of the same in the last half of the season.

Raymond

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, this defense, with or without injuries, sucks. Just as they have always sucked since 2010. They are completely incapable of cowboying up and making a play in a big game to win the game.
I could not agree any stronger. Thank you for pointing out a real big question that needs to be out there. It seems to me the defensive backs are not allowed to stop passes from being completed. Green Bay's receivers are hounded right from the line and from there it gets tighter. Defensively I see little to none as far as 'bump & run'. To me they just stay off the opposing receivers and wait for them to catch the ball. Only once in a while one of them will have had enough and actually stops a pass from being completed. This blitz, blitz, blitz on every third down has few sacks and way too many long gains given up to win games. All the other teams practice how to take advantage of the "same-old" style that has not changed in many years.

Raymond

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pessimist. ;)
Mark me as another that is losing his excitement for the Packers. AR unfortunately has a lot of years behind him already. I also hope the defense shows up and plays great and not another game of "stay away from the receivers and let them catch the ball". I did not get to add this comment before the game. Sadly I was right about the what will happen and it is a shame.

Raymond

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with your comment. I am not saying the backup quarterback should start playing instead. But when are the backups going to start showing their ability to take over and win games 'if & when' AR is hurt bad or retires? Would it hurt to let AR rest for awhile during the few and far between games when the team is leading a game? AR can always come back into a game if needed.

Raymond

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers inactives:

OLB Matthews
C Tretter
CB Randall
RB Starks
OT Murphy
TE Cook
DL Ringo

Randall Cobb playing after all.
Please answer a question for me if you will? Why did Cobb sit out for so long before finally being put into the game?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Please answer a question for me if you will? Why did Cobb sit out for so long before finally being put into the game?

If I had to make a guess.....McCarthy was hoping for an easy win and being able to give Cobb the day off to rest. Down 24-10 at halftime, reality set in, for the Packers to have a chance at winning, Cobb would have to play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree with your comment. I am not saying the backup quarterback should start playing instead. But when are the backups going to start showing their ability to take over and win games 'if & when' AR is hurt bad or retires? Would it hurt to let AR rest for awhile during the few and far between games when the team is leading a game? AR can always come back into a game if needed.

The Packers should only think about playing Hundley in a blowout late in the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts