Colts at Packers.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, this defense, with or without injuries, sucks. Just as they have always sucked since 2010. They are completely incapable of cowboying up and making a play in a big game to win the game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the defense cost us today. The offense will put up 35 on the Colts so we don't have to count on the defense to save a lead. 35-20 Packers. I think Rodgers and Co. have to approach every possession as if they have to get at least 3 because to trust this current defense to win a close game would be foolish.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, this defense, with or without injuries, sucks. Just as they have always sucked since 2010. They are completely incapable of cowboying up and making a play in a big game to win the game.

Except for doing exactly that in week one.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Rodgers and Co. have to approach every possession as if they have to get at least 3 because to trust this current defense to win a close game would be foolish.

The defense got a stop at the end of the Jacksonville game to preserve a win.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way our offense played in the 2nd half versus the Bears and then yesterday, if we do that we are in for a win streak with a very favorable schedule coming up the next few weeks. Colts are struggling and the games they have won have not been very impressive. Plus, the game is at Lambeau.

Colts: 17
Packers: 27

Also, one thing of optimism: The NFC is really struggling this year. We are still going into this game as a 5th seed. Plus, the Minnesota offense has been very lackluster. Everyone else around us seems to be getting a little worse or staying the same...with injured players returning we are on track to only get better. We could be in for a good November.

And looking ahead: Other than the Cowboys (and we know what happens to them at seasons end) there are currently no NFC teams come playoff time that I'm afraid of (As in, wow, there is no way anyone is beating this team)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got some good things to work on in the second half of the season. We can play nearly good enough to win against a good team on the road like Atlanta. Our offense and defense is finding depth that will only be enhanced once/if injured starters begin to return later this season.

Random stat to chew on:

The Packers lost the Time Of Possession the first three weeks of the season when we had two healthy running backs. Starks and Lacy both got hurt after the bye week when playing New York. In those four games since we've lost our only two true running backs we've won the Time Of Possession battle.

@ Jacksonville: 28:37 minutes
@ Minnesota: 29:42 minutes
vs Detroit: 24:53 minutes
BYE
vs New York: 36:38 minutes
vs Dallas: 30:10 minutes
vs Chicago: 39:36 minutes
@ Atlanta: 31:17 minutes

Go figure...

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got some good things to work on in the second half of the season. We can play nearly good enough to win against a good team on the road like Atlanta. Our offense and defense is finding depth that will only be enhanced once/if injured starters begin to return later this season.

Random stat to chew on:

The Packers lost the Time Of Possession the first three weeks of the season when we had two healthy running backs. Starks and Lacy both got hurt after the bye week when playing New York. In those four games since we've lost our only two true running backs we've won the Time Of Possession battle.

@ Jacksonville: 28:37 minutes
@ Minnesota: 29:42 minutes
vs Detroit: 24:53 minutes
BYE
vs New York: 36:38 minutes
vs Dallas: 30:10 minutes
vs Chicago: 39:36 minutes
@ Atlanta: 31:17 minutes

Go figure...
It's really not that hard to figure out. There is no mystery to figure out whatsoever. The Packers are doing better in time of possession because Mike McCarthy can no longer pretend that the Packers have a running game. Now he's actually being forced to use the best part of the entire offense which is Aaron Rodgers. The packers should throw the ball 50 times a game every game. don't give me wrong I'm not suggesting the Packers abandon the run however they should start pretending to run the ball instead of pretending that we can run the ball.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
With the way our offense played in the 2nd half versus the Bears and then yesterday, if we do that we are in for a win streak with a very favorable schedule coming up the next few weeks. Colts are struggling and the games they have won have not been very impressive. Plus, the game is at Lambeau.

Colts: 17
Packers: 27

Also, one thing of optimism: The NFC is really struggling this year. We are still going into this game as a 5th seed. Plus, the Minnesota offense has been very lackluster. Everyone else around us seems to be getting a little worse or staying the same...with injured players returning we are on track to only get better. We could be in for a good November.

And looking ahead: Other than the Cowboys (and we know what happens to them at seasons end) there are currently no NFC teams come playoff time that I'm afraid of (As in, wow, there is no way anyone is beating this team)
What's the current plus/minus between the AFC-NFC. I'd guess without looking it's very close to even.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams throwing the ball at least 50 times have only won 23.1% of those games since 2011.
Well I admit I was exaggerating a bit when I said they should throw that much, my point is the packers are a passing team they should try to be a passing team instead of pretending they can run the ball because they can't.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Need to win minimum of 4 of next 5. A stretch of games that must be taken advantage of.

D

Deleted member 6794

What's the current plus/minus between the AFC-NFC. I'd guess without looking it's very close to even.

NFC teams are currently 16-16-1 against AFC opponents.

Well I admit I was exaggerating a bit when I said they should throw that much, my point is the packers are a passing team they should try to be a passing team instead of pretending they can run the ball because they can't.

I agree that the Packers offense should primarily center around the passing game but the unit would hugely benefit from having a balanced attack.

Members online

Latest posts