Colts at Packers.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts here. First will Jackson be able to suit up Sunday? Also if Barclay is playing our blocking will suffer for it. Not to toot my own horn but I've been correct predicting Fackrell 1st sack and Janis 1st TD. My predictions this week. Rodgers throws for 340yds and 3Tds, Luck goes for 280yds 2Tds 2Ints. With Hyde recording his 1st INT. Packers win 28-17. Also we hold Gore under 80yds and out of endzone!!

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be a high scoring game. Absolute must win. A Packers loss and Vikings win would just about Eli instead us from division title contention.

H

HardRightEdge

I thought Linsley was practicing again. Or did I misread your post as sarcasm
I see now that Campen has been quoted as saying Linsley will start. Campen also said he's confident he can hold up for a full game. Let's hope so; that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree Gunter would match up much better vs Moncrief

Taking a look at the Colts receiving corps their overall speed is concerning. Gunter will most likely need safety help over the top no matter he will end up covering, possibly leaving Hawkins and a safety in single coverage.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Taking a look at the Colts receiving corps their overall speed is concerning. Gunter will most likely need safety help over the top no matter he will end up covering, possibly leaving Hawkins and a safety in single coverage.

I can see this game playing out much like the Falcons game, hopefully with opposite final results. But it will come down to how much pressure we can put on Luck and how well we cover. As long as AR keeps the momentum going on offense, the Indy defense isn't anything special. This may be another high scoring game that ends up 34-28 Packers win.

Reaction score
I can see this game playing out much like the Falcons game, hopefully with opposite final results. But it will come down to how much pressure we can put on Luck and how well we cover. As long as AR keeps the momentum going on offense, the Indy defense isn't anything special. This may be another high scoring game that ends up 34-28 Packers win.
I'm in your ballpark.. except I think GB wins by 8+ Points.
(E.g. 34-21 or 33-23 etc..)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the kind of setups that make me nervous; "indy's defense is hoorible, AR and the offence should light them up.
Final line ends up. 17 points, Rodgers under 200 yards passing.

Reaction score
Packers have 3 common opponents already and we are 3-0 against Jags, Detroit and the Bears. Whereas Colts are 1-2 losing to Detroit and Jacksonville.
Our strength of opponent record puts our YTD opponents cumulative at 29-24 or .547 win %
Colts opponent strength record is currently 31-31 or .500 opponent win % (For you election followers there's a +/-3% margin of error ;))
We OUTSCORED common opponents 87-60
The Colts were ourscored (91-92)
The Colts Offense is better than their record shows very slightly edging the Packers but considering a very slight edge in opponent win % I'd call the Offensive comparison a draw but the Colts D gives up big points
They will have their hands full with both our O pass rush protection and and our D pass rush and the Lambeau leap will be too much to bear :tup:

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know everyone worries about Hilton or Moncrief in this game but the receiver I believe can really hurt us is Dorsett! He can hurt us like Gabriel did last week. Dorsett has been disappointing thus far since drafted from Miami. But I believe he can still be a very good very dangerous WR in this league much like Cobb.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know everyone worries about Hilton or Moncrief in this game but the receiver I believe can really hurt us is Dorsett! He can hurt us like Gabriel did last week. Dorsett has been disappointing thus far since drafted from Miami. But I believe he can still be a very good very dangerous WR in this league much like Cobb.

Dorsett will most likely be covered by an inexperienced guy in either Hawkins or one of the safeties, making him a dangerous target for Luck.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Enjoy the day.

H

HardRightEdge

I wonder if this the game where the Packers O-Line will be flagged for assisting the RB. That call was always rarely made, and it's been a long time since I've seen that flag. Few teams do it now simply because bowling ball backs who can stay on their feet in a crowd are an increasingly endangered species. But the way the guys were assisting Lacy, and now even more noticeably with Ripkowski, it's bordering on egregious.

I'm reminded of the pick play and bubble screen calls. Teams were getting away with WRs blocking before the catch for a couple of years. These plays were used effectively by several teams, the Packers included. Then the league decided to tighten it up, the Packers drew some notable flags, and now it is run less frequently and with less effectiveness.

Members online

Latest posts