Collective Bargaining Agreement

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Packers have a loyal following very few can match. The Packers seem to do more charity and loacal work than other franchises. They also are a consistant winner. They have built that up over decades.

What Clayton does not point out is that while in his opinion the Packers have been "agressive and smart," their gains did improve their relative standing amongst teams. They were 10th have a large increase in revenues and are still 10th. Working hard just to stay competitive.

I really fear that "stadium naming" monies will be mandatory. I am also glad-Shhhhh-(whisper) That the Packers have successfully avoided selling naming rights to Lambeau Field.

Curly Lambeau worked to create the Packers and keep them going. He threw his life into the team. Lambeau Field is an entirely appropriate name.

I do not like the advertizing creep that puts the Nike logo on uniforms, every head coach has to use motorola headsets and gatoraide coolers on the sidelines. But with revenue sharing these are league wide deals and not individual teams so they are best for the league.

The benches have not been painted for a corporate sponser yet, the sideline grass is still upainted, as are parking spaces in the lot. Each indiviual seat could have an advertising packet attached to it and on and on.
Soon it will all be mandatory for sharing purposes.

So in the meantime I will enjoy the games at Lambeau where the grass is green, the goalposts gold, and honorable names are posted instead of billboards.

These are the good old days before the next CBA.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be really nice to see a CBA signed that keeps the teams strong. And have it done well ahead of time.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL has thrived like no other b/c of its parity and ability to allow small markets to survive. A CBA will be reached and GB will remain prosperous!!! :D

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the cap went away for some reason, I shudder to even think of it, and football became like pro baseball and basketball it would ruin the league. Money teams win and the remainder of the teams amount to nothing more than a high level farm system. I love football, but I would find something else to do on Sundays if that happened.
:puke: :cry: :evil: :boo: :nono: :doh: :crazy: :Evil: :hammer: :wtf: :puke:

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry. The NFL knows that it has too much of a good thing going to ruin it with a capless league!

GO PACK!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
California Cheez. Selling rights naming rights of Lambeau Field is in referendum which was approved by the Citizens of Green Bay/Brown County as a way to reduced the$195M tax burden of renovation of Lambeau Field for the Tax payers of Green Bay/Brown County. It really isn't a popular one here in Green Bay. There were conditions attached to the conditions that naming rights would occur. Such as amount of money, for certain number of years, type of company etc There has been no interest by any companies about paying for naming rights. They know it really isn't popular with most Packer fans and might even cause a backlash by fans toward their products. And the cost set is pretty steep something like $`120M I think, naming rights at Lambeau Field would only occur under the most serious financial conditions, which are not occuring presently. The stadium renovation will probably be paid off somewhere around 2011 and the 1/2 %Brown County sales tax will be discontinued. It is a "sun set" tax by law. Both The Green Bay community and The Green Bay Packers are in good financial shape. Both renovated Lambeau Field and it's Artium, and the 1/2% Brown County sales tax are achieving what they were suppose to do.

Members online

Latest posts