Colin Kaepernick is on the trade block.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@VincentFrankNFL: Can confirm through my connections, @JaysonBraddock 's report that Kaepernick is indeed on the trade block.

Bryn Swartz ‏@eaglescentral 6m6 minutes ago
Per @JaysonBraddock, the Philadelphia Eagles are in talks with SF about a Colin Kaepernick trade. Wow. #Eagles

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 10m10 minutes ago
The Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 1m1 minute ago
Confirmed the NFC team is the Chicago Bears. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 4m4 minutes ago
No I haven't been able to confirm @JaysonBraddock report #49ers shopping Kaepernick to Eagles & another team. Im checking into it; plausible

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 6m6 minutes ago
I do know 49ers management has some uncertainty about Kaepernick, and Trent Baalke LOVES draft picks. Let's see what happens.

Dan Hope ‏@Dan_Hope 7m7 minutes ago
If any team makes sense for a Kaepernick trade, it's the #Eagles. Good fit for Chip's offense and Nick Foles would presumably go to #49ers.

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 8m8 minutes ago
I don't know what the 49ers front office is specifically thinking about Kaepernick at this point. I am not confirming the report. But...

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles and Bears are the front runners it seems.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see it happening. The 49ers depth chart includes Blaine Gabbert and Josh Johnson behind Karpernick.

There's no sure thing free agent available and neither Winston nor Mariota will fall to them in the draft.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Eagles offer Foles in the deal.......

But yeah, who knows.

I think Kelly is dead set on having a new QB in Philly.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kap has been one if the most overhyped players since he took over for Alex Smith. Hes just all world when he plays us it seems.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kap has been one if the most overhyped players since he took over for Alex Smith. Hes just all world when he plays us it seems.

Couldn't agree more. Inaccurate and doesn't go through his progressions. His is athletic as all hell and does have a strong arm but I don't ever see him being one of the best, except when he plays the Packers for some reason.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would make no sense unless 49ers are getting a franchise qb in return. I cannot imagine that the bears would take this on without dealing jay, but also cannot see the 49ers dumping a very team friendly deal for the team killing cutler deal

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IMO Kap is the new Cutler (over hyped), the only difference being, the 49ers were smart enough to structure his contract based on his performance. The 49ers can dump or trade Kap. The Bears, Cutler and his contract are theirs. Think the Bears wish they had a "do over"?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Inaccurate and doesn't go through his progressions. His is athletic as all hell and does have a strong arm but I don't ever see him being one of the best, except when he plays the Packers for some reason.

Agree. When it came time to be a QB, he hasn't taken that next step. By now, I've seen no indication that he will.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And that's a huge problem for us if he goes to Chicago, who actually have a great coaching staff now.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Cutler for Kapernick, I could see it and it blowing up in the faces of both teams. This trade actually makes sense too.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's a huge problem for us if he goes to Chicago, who actually have a great coaching staff now.

Not going to happen tho. We will see cutler in Chicago at least another year. But hopefully with no Brandon marshAll who could end up in Seattle which would mean a NFC championship rematch.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to happen tho. We will see cutler in Chicago at least another year. But hopefully with no Brandon marshAll who could end up in Seattle which would mean a NFC championship rematch.

The Bears have already agreed to trade Marshall to the Jets.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what happened to the fans who wanted us to be more like SF? Rizzo, was that you?