Cold Pizza on Moss in Green Bay

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On cold Pizza this morning the debate was on in 1st and 10....However there wasnt much of a debate, as to wether or not Moss would fit in green bay......Even skip bayless, who is usually a basher of players with a bad attidude said, " It would enable Favre to play for a couple more years and it would be awesome to see two of the most electrifying athletes in football pared up"...... He also went on the say that after Moss and Favre had their first deep ball hook up, Moss would immediately win over all the packers fans that were up set by the "MOON" .....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read where the latest has A. Thomas going to the 49'rs.

If we're not going to get to spend it there than this looks even more real. I personally doubted we would end up with both those guys.

I can think of no other single deal that would create more hype. I'm not sure how the inner NFL circle people would view this but the media would have us as SB contenders if it happens.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, folks, but I find it hard to believe real Packer fans would want this cancer on their team. They seem to remember only his great years of long ago and envision his suddenly returning to that form. Won't happen. My opinion is mostly meaningless...but read what execs of other teams are saying...they wouldn't touch him. Not only is his price too high but the effect it would have in the locker room must be considered. Cancer is still cancer no matter how it's wrapped. I would be absolutely stunned if TT made this deal with the devil.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, folks, but I find it hard to believe real Packer fans would want this cancer on their team. They seem to remember only his great years of long ago and envision his suddenly returning to that form. Won't happen. My opinion is mostly meaningless...but read what execs of other teams are saying...they wouldn't touch him. Not only is his price too high but the effect it would have in the locker room must be considered. Cancer is still cancer no matter how it's wrapped. I would be absolutely stunned if TT made this deal with the devil.

We are real packers fans...We've been them from birth. It is the reason why we are on this website actually reading and posting such threads, if we were lesser fans we would simply turn on our TV and just watch, not worrying or caring what happened in the offseason....He isnt cancer. He is the cure for cancer of "Lack of offensive weapons"....Some people want him, some dont....So what....

Just like skip said on cold pizza...He believes Moss needs GB as much as GB needs moss....He feels like Green Bay would keep moss from the bad outside influences of the game. Brett and Randy are both Southern boys, who both admire each others skill....UR name fits u perfectly in Grampa..U wont forgive or forget....U stuck in ur ways and its people or teams that think like that, that turn into the arizona cardnals...People who think like that miss their chances of going deep in the playoffs

It would be so awesome if after this deal, the pack were to go to the superbowl...I cant wait to hear you deny ever bashing randy...FOR PETES SAKE FORGIVE!!!!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grandpa's got a point. Moss is a repeat offender when it comes to Character flaws. That is HARD to over look.

I believe that environments have a lot to do with how you behave. That to me means that Moss' best chance to contain his character flaws would be in Green Bay.

Is it worth the risk? I say only with an incentive laden contract that also penalizes for poor behavior.

Btw, Moss does NOT equal the Superbowl. He may improve our chances, but one play does not change a team. One player can be schemed right out of a game. Ask Urlacher.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though the five or six plays a game he might get the ball would be exhilarating, the rest of the offensive plays he'd contribute little to nothing. He takes plays off, and he doesn't block well on running plays or down field after someone else catches the ball. Think about that catch last year where Jennings turned a 7 yard hitch route into a touchdown against the Lions. He broke it for the big gain because Driver laid a block for him. That's the type of play we need - unselfish play. And if it really came down to trading for a veteran malcontent wide receiver - I'd rather have TO. At least he's intense.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grandpa's got a point. Moss is a repeat offender when it comes to Character flaws. That is HARD to over look.

I believe that environments have a lot to do with how you behave. That to me means that Moss' best chance to contain his character flaws would be in Green Bay.

Is it worth the risk? I say only with an incentive laden contract that also penalizes for poor behavior.

Btw, Moss does NOT equal the Superbowl. He may improve our chances, but one play does not change a team. One player can be schemed right out of a game. Ask Urlacher.

I do not profess to agree with where the hype will take this but none the less the press will run with it and we will be contenders in their minds.

The reality of it is he is a WR. They often have big egos to match the big plays they make. A lot of people in this forum have been screaming at TT for two years to get a playmaker in here to help Favre.

If you want one that isn't full of himself than you have just lowered the odds of getting one greatly. The Drivers and Horns of the NFL are not that easy to be found.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does it matter what Skip Bayless says? I understand, it's a large-media member calling it a good idea, I get that. Just remember, this is the same guy who last year said the Packers were lead-pipe locks to take Jay Cutler with the fifth pick.

I'm still on the fence about whether or not I like the idea of giving up a draft pick for this guy. I'm just saying that sometimes Skip says some hairbrained ****.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good post warhawk

you cannot call some one a bad fan for wanting a player that they think will help the team... i think any true packer fan would relish the thought of a talented WR joining the team.

we are lucky enough to have ONE reciever who isnt a pain in the *** and still makes plays. to be a good reciever you gotta be confident.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

im not sure that I would say that anyone who watned moss was really not a packer fan, but I do agree 110% that Moss is definitly a cancer. May I ask why? why? why? we insisist on we need to get him? Even if you dont think moss will be a cancer however he still has the track record of it, but why would you want him? How good has he been as of late? I know he hwasnt had the best QB's But still there are other guys out there with his talent level that you can get who have a better character than him and wont help destroy a young team that is going in the right direction.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of what we say is just our opinions. In the great scheme of things, they don't matter. The Packers are gonna do what they are gonna do, reguardless of what any of us think.
Me.......i'm on the fence about Moss. I sure wouldn't mind his talent here. You might be able to scheme out one WR, but if you have him and Driver and Jennings, you can't scheme out ALL of them. It COULD be a real fun year to watch teams go up against that combo!
Or..............it could all blow up in the Packer's faces. Who really knows?
I think Moss is a better chance then say T.O, who has been 100% jerk everywhere he has been.
The small towm atmosphere might benefit Moss.
Guess we will see what transpires!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do we want him??? why why why

because because because... hes the best WR available through free agency right now. nothing is set in stone. but the mere thought of him playing here should be exciting... simply because hes the most talented WR available and he COULD BE a packer.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

because because because... hes the best WR available through free agency right now. nothing is set in stone. but the mere thought of him playing here should be exciting... simply because hes the most talented WR available and he COULD BE a packer.

I agree....

U CANT BLAME HIS NUMBERS!!!!

I dont understnad why people keep saying hes lost it...Do people not realize he was on the raiders...Horrible Line, Running game, QB, and lack of a second WR is why they are down...Any logical thinker can see this!!!!

Look at favre numbers they were down year before last, when ahman went down and the young WR's werent used to the system...Now look at his numbers, they improved, not to the quality we are used to, but the experience the WR's gained as well as the improvment in the line helped brett out...However brett still lacks the down field threat, as well as an established running game...Randy would help in the down field threat part...Get over it randy will help

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok heres how I see it correct me if im wrong....

In the Negotiations with Randy Moss most of the concernes lie with his attitude as well as him being over priced....Randy has expressed his want to be in GB by sayin that he is willing take a pay cut to be a packer and play with Favre, whom he says he admires...

If someone is willing to take a pay cut to be somewhere doesnt that reflect his attitude on wanting to be a packer...As far as im concerned By him doing this, it shows his effort to be part of a team and fit in as best as possible...

He is making an effort to improve the packers by giving them more leverage in signing players which in turn will make them more competitive.....So why do u think he cant change?

So far Ahman Green wont take a pay cut and as far as Im concern this reflects to me
THAT RANDY HAS A BETTER ATTITUDE THAN AHMAN DOES AND HAS MORE DESIRE TO BE A PART OF THE PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt you agree, or would you in turn say that TD celebrations are more reflective of a persons character....Celebrations are just that, celebrations....... In all seriousness they dont hurt anyone, and no sensible person should be offended by them, they are the entertainment factor that is part of the NFL...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id rather have a person (MOSS) who does excessive celebrations and takes a pay cut, than have one (GREEN) who is overpriced, doesnt celebrate, and wont take a paycut.

I don't get where you're going with the last paragraph...I'd rather have somebody who doesnt celebrate, but doesnt cause ruckus (Marvin Harrison) than someone who celebrates but when his team has hardships preventing him from celebrating, henceforth causing ruckus (Randy Moss)...no i know marvin harrison isnt going anywhere, just a hypothetical example (i also heard the raiders say they're keeping moss but i guess cold pizza had to dig that issue up again on a slow news day)

I still think the best way to improve the offense is get depth of all the positions, we need upgrades at tight end and fullback, another reciever (first round pick) and depth behind ahman (if he re-signs) at running back

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like him or not it's getting really serious about Moss and Green Bay. Sorry Bruce (I know your outspoken against this) but the rumors appear to be legit. ESPN Radio and NFL Live are really covering this story. It could happen.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like him or not it's getting really serious about Moss and Green Bay. Sorry Bruce (I know your outspoken against this) but the rumors appear to be legit. ESPN Radio and NFL Live are really covering this story. It could happen.

Yeah, I agree. Once I saw it as the headline story on NFL Live, I thought to myself "maybe the rumors are true." If it happens or not, it does appear that serious negotiations are happening.

Moss is a kind a player who I would like to have but not rely on.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Has Moss been in jail?

The other thing is, people grow up. I've known more than a few people who were punks in their 20s who finally grew up into decent people in their 30s. Some people mature faster than others.

As for part 2 of your argument, one person can be schemed right out of a game. This is very true.

Now, we got 1 playmaker on offense right now (not including our QB). Green used to be a playmaker, but now he's just a good RB. There's a difference. If we get a 2nd playmaker, it would make it a heck of a lot harder to scheme both of them right out of a game. If we get a 3rd playmaker, forget it. Randy Moss is someone who could take a 10 yard slant and turn it into an 80 yard TD.

And to the gentleman who said "no true Packer fan," that is what is called an argument ad hominem. It is not attacking one's opinion, but the person himself (or herself), and is considered a philosophical fallacy. I do not need to defend my Packerfanness, nor does anyone else on this board.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I agree....

U CANT BLAME HIS NUMBERS!!!!

I dont understnad why people keep saying hes lost it...Do people not realize he was on the raiders...Horrible Line, Running game, QB, and lack of a second WR is why they are down...Any logical thinker can see this!!!!

Look at favre numbers they were down year before last, when ahman went down and the young WR's werent used to the system...Now look at his numbers, they improved, not to the quality we are used to, but the experience the WR's gained as well as the improvment in the line helped brett out...However brett still lacks the down field threat, as well as an established running game...Randy would help in the down field threat part...Get over it randy will help

Agreed. The Raiders (sorry Raider Pride) are where good players go to die. Remember James Lofton? My favorite Packer until Mr. Favre came along. He went to the Raiders, had some miserable years. People thought he was washed up. Then suddenly he's on the Bills and they use his skills well. He got one Pro Bowl and several more good seasons on the Bills. He even got to play in a Super Bowl or two.

Remember Desmond Howard? He was a playmaker. You score a TD on us, we get it right back on the return. There was always that threat. Now, put him on the Raiders and he's a nobody. I was so pissed the day he went to the Raiders. We probably could have won a 4th SB if we had Howard returning KOs for us. Even if he doesn't get us a TD, he'll get us field position, which can break an opposing team.

Now watch. Randy Moss. He's washed up. He's become a nobody. He's over the hill, and he has a bad attitude. Suddenly, he goes to another team and he's getting 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs every year for the next three or four years. Imagine that. Imagine that with us, with Donald Driver on the other side and Greg Jennings as the 3rd WR. Brett Favre will never want to retire. He'll be padding his stats so much that Peyton Manning will die before he comes close to catching Favre's records. And with a continually improving D, Mr. Favre might retire with another SB ring.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Zombie!!!
Of course it's all speculation on how Moss would do, but you are right how the Raiders seem to have an ability to make once great players instant has-beens!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Moss really the cancer some here say he is? I heard that from some here about KRob but aside from the fact he has an addiction I find the "cancer" talk in error for the most part.

The facts are most players like the heck out of the guy.

I know Moss has been a general whiney baby in Oakland but isn't that because they suck and don't win? So he's a cancer because guys like he and Woodson have the guts to say what all the rest of them think and say behind closed doors or off the record?

Did we not here similar stuff about Woodson being a general pain in the ***? Even when people were ripping his play I heard nothing from the guy.

How Moss is handling the situation is not the right way to go about things but Oaklands problems are far more reaching than how Randy Moss deals with losing. Trust me. The players there would love to have him stay and help them win. He aint that big a cancer.

Most of them know exactly where he's coming from. Even if they don't want to admit it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right..........most players won't speak up when the team they are on are mismanaged so bad as the Raiders are.
Maybe a change of scenery (and a chance to win) might turn Moss into a REAL player.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people never grow up. They spiral downward out of control until they crash and burn.

1) There is a better way to spend 10 million dollars.
Moss contract is 2x what it cost to sign 12 draft picks last year.
Or Moss will cost the same as Driver, Tauscher, and Henderson combined in 2006 or 4 Ahman Greens.

2) His contract is 40% of the cap room the Packers have 2007.

3) His production is declining as is his speed. His dropped passes have increased.

4) He is extreme in his emotional responses. Play hard and pose for cameras when winning, sulking, talking plays off, and walking off the field when losing. With the Raiders he has maintained his personna of the uncaring, aloof WR.

5) He has been infected with purple slime and will never recover.

Members online

Latest posts