1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Coincidence?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by whoartthou, Dec 4, 2011.

1. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    i don't know if i really believe in coincidences... but the packers beat the giants 38-35... the same score that the patriots beat the giants in the regular season game in 07.

This game showed that the giants can stick with the packers.. and maybe even beat them. The packers did not play their A+ game, but credit should be given to the giants defense as well (and also the pelthora of dropped passes from the green bay wr's).

I don't want to see the giants in the playoffs to be honest. What do you guys think?

2. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Yeah the Giants are my fathers team and I usually hope they do well but I really don't want to see them again in the playoffs.

3. Marem19

Marem19 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Me Neither i said all along this was the game that i was worried about and i was scared even more after they got whooped by the Saints. But honestly now i don't see the giants in the playoffs and that makes me a happy camper

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I'm not sure they will get there anyway. Bizarre that all the NFC wildcard contestants lost (I know, Det hasn't played yet.)

5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    No. I don't see Aaron and the Packers offense folding like a pile of chairs in a rematch in Green Bay.

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    They do have a good chance of winning the NFC east or at least a wildcard. Their only competition is the Cowboys. The Eagles and Skins are pretty much out for the count.

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    In theory yes they can do it. But, c'mon we're talking Giants who always collapse after week 9 or so.

8. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I thought Dallas was all set but nooooo they got and lose to the freaking Cardinals. OMG.

Hey you just don't know. The playoff picture is still very unclear but the top 3 seeds look pretty set. At least the top 2. The WC situation is a mess.

Keep in mind though that if these meet again it would be IN Green Bay.

I have no idea right now who I favor between the Cowboys and Giants. Who wins this game right now?

9. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    They do have a history of collapsing but somebody from that division is going to have to make it in even if they don't last that long. I think the Giants will make it in over the Cowboys, but I think they will be one and done. The Eagles and Skins can fight over the bottom of that division.

10. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Neither do i, but expecations will be high, and the giants will play inspired.

11. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Yep... do you even remember what manning and the giants did AT greenbay during the playoffs?

Like i said, the giants are a team that the packers DO NOT want to face in the PO's

12. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    True. But, it's tough to look that far ahead now. I mean will the Giants even get in?

Who do people like between the Giants and Cowboys now? Can both get in? Ahhhh these final 4 weeks will be fun.

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754

The Pack can beat them again even if it's another cardiac game. I think people get paranoid since they knocked off NE in 2007 and GB before that.

But, who knows. Just have faith. I mean this was really a great game by the Giants and they still lose.

Have to wait and see how it unfolds in the NFC. The Giants lose to some crappy teams at times but then show up against the Packers. EVERYONE shows up against Green Bay though......

Gonna be a fun NFC postseason.

14. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Thats how it works jules. The packers are the best team in NFL... undefeated and reigning SB champs. Teams want to bring their best against the packers. Plain and simple.

I don't see BOTH the giants/cowboys making the PO'S

But if i would have to bet on it, probably giants make it.

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I think what the Giants, and the NFL for that matter, take out of this game is that if the Packers have an off game they're beatable. But they'll have to earn it. They'll have to play a perfect game, or else even with 7 drops and countless mistakes they're still going to beat you.

Moreso if the game is at Lambeau. And it will be.

• Like Like x 2
  16. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    packersrs, its crazy how even though the packers offense was off today, they still managed 38 points...

• Like Like x 1
  17. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Yeah...I agree. I'd bet that the Giants beat the Cowboys twice and end up taking the East.

18. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    The emotional aspect of this could be interesting. Did the Giants put too much into today and thats it? Or, will playing the Pack so close and seeing the Cowboys lose inspire them?

And how will this pathetic loss effect the Cowboys? I knew the Cards give them issues over the years but last time I checked Warner was not there anymore and I swear they iced their own kicker......

19. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Very well stated, RS! They can bring their best game and they still can't beat us! :) I like that!

20. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    http://boards.giants.com/forums/1/2360655/ShowThread.aspx

Giants fans not all keen on the 2007 comparisons. Well first of all they were IN the playoffs when they lost a close one to the Pats. Second, that 2007 was way way better then this Giants D. And lastly.....wrong conference lol.

21. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Id rather face The Cowboys in Green bay.

Because its a team dident play this season. They are out of their element which is a nice warm dome into a freezing cold outside game.

22. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    GO LIONS! :roflmao:
    I'd like to see a little padding between the Niners and the Saints for that #2 seed.

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I still believe that the Saints are the biggest threat to us. But playing in Lambeau gives us a big advantage against them. They do not like to play outside their dome.

24. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    I fear no team. We are better than any team in the NFL. As they say, 'any given Sunday', but if we play well, no team can beat us. So it becomes a matter that every game is in the hands of our players. I'm thinking they play well enough to win out.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Is it a coincidence that every game the Packers win I wore my Rodgers jersey meant to be my lucky jersey??????

I don't see the score of the game as an omen, but as its been noted even when the Packers have a bad offensive game, they still are tough to beat.

• Like Like x 1