Coincidence?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Giants are gonna get their butts kissed this week. A loss in Dallas may not shock me right now. Hey it's tough, you never know with the Giants. And the Cowboys. Flip a coin. This will be a battle......

The Cowboys have been owned by the Cardinals in recent years too. There is no reasoning. It's kind of how the Chargers no matter how much they suck have the Colts number.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
i don't know if i really believe in coincidences... but the packers beat the giants 38-35... the same score that the patriots beat the giants in the regular season game in 07.

This game showed that the giants can stick with the packers.. and maybe even beat them. The packers did not play their A+ game, but credit should be given to the giants defense as well (and also the pelthora of dropped passes from the green bay wr's).

I don't want to see the giants in the playoffs to be honest. What do you guys think?

You can believe what you want about the Giants. For me, I want the Packers to play top notch teams in the playoffs. I'd like to see them against the Saints and 49ers in the divisional/championship and the Patriots or Steelers in the Superbowl.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i don't know if i really believe in coincidences... but the packers beat the giants 38-35... the same score that the patriots beat the giants in the regular season game in 07.

This game showed that the giants can stick with the packers.. and maybe even beat them. The packers did not play their A+ game, but credit should be given to the giants defense as well (and also the pelthora of dropped passes from the green bay wr's).

I don't want to see the giants in the playoffs to be honest. What do you guys think?

Some fans are trying to find something to make them think this season still will be good and use that as the reasoning..

Then other fans step in and tell them to **** lol

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can believe what you want about the Giants. For me, I want the Packers to play top notch teams in the playoffs. I'd like to see them against the Saints and 49ers in the divisional/championship and the Patriots or Steelers in the Superbowl.
from an NFL fan standpoint, i want to see the packers against the best. From a homerism standpoint (to those of you who are packer fans), the easiest path is the best path.

I want to see the packers vs the saints in the championship game as well... than pats in the SB

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The toughest team to beat GB IMO after today's games will not be an offensive heavy team. Giants have not been very good overall to me on D this year, nothing even close to 2007 when I think they were leading the league in sacks and Spags had them firing on all cylinders. Giants have relied heavily on Eli and outscoring teams this year a lot. And they failed. You won't beat the Pack in a shoot out. I simply don't see it. Unless you have the D to go with it.

Everyone is looking for that team to out score the Pack. I simply no longer see this happening. People point to the Saints in the NFC. On the road I don't see it. The Pats? After the Colts played them today and Orlovsky went 30 for 37 I don't see it. Without a deep threat at WR too but it's not like the Colts scrub secondary can cover anyone in their soft zone coverage.

I would say the Niners/Ravens/Texans/Steelers D's could challenge the GB offense. And maaaaaaaybe the Steelers as the toughest all around team based on balance. Ravens could be brutal if Flacco shows up and he can.

I just don't see anymore how a poor defensive team with a good offense can beat GB in GB or in the
SB. I just don't. It will be too tough to hold off the Packers offense for a full game.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The toughest team to beat GB IMO after today's games will not be an offensive heavy team. Giants have not been very good overall to me on D this year, nothing even close to 2007 when I think they were leading the league in sacks and Spags had them firing on all cylinders. Giants have relied heavily on Eli and outscoring teams this year a lot. And they failed. You won't beat the Pack in a shoot out. I simply don't see it. Unless you have the D to go with it.

Everyone is looking for that team to out score the Pack. I simply no longer see this happening. People point to the Saints in the NFC. On the road I don't see it. The Pats? After the Colts played them today and Orlovsky went 30 for 37 I don't see it. Without a deep threat at WR too but it's not like the Colts scrub secondary can cover anyone in their soft zone coverage.

I would say the Niners/Ravens/Texans/Steelers D's could challenge the GB offense. And maaaaaaaybe the Steelers as the toughest all around team based on balance. Ravens could be brutal if Flacco shows up and he can.

I just don't see anymore how a poor defensive team with a good offense can beat GB in GB or in the
SB. I just don't. It will be too tough to hold off the Packers offense for a full game.

WOAH... WOAH... I do agree that the giants this whole season, their defense is not as good as 2007... but today the giants defense showed up, and i would wager although not quite the level of 2007, for parts of the game, it had flashes of 2007.

I mean... if the giants D is no where near 2007 level, than imagine what that 2007 team would do to the packers this year? Demolition?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
WOAH... WOAH... I do agree that the giants this whole season, their defense is not as good as 2007... but today the giants defense showed up, and i would wager although not quite the level of 2007, for parts of the game, it had flashes of 2007.

I mean... if the giants D is no where near 2007 level, than imagine what that 2007 team would do to the packers this year? Demolition?

This is the problem fans have at times though. They try to recreate 2007 a lot. The hot underdog who rolls into the playoffs and peaks at the right time to knock off the perfect team. I am not sure they will catch lightening in a bottle twice though with perfect teams if thats the idea. This is not 2007. It is 2011. Is it possible? Sure, but having the G men do it twice since 2007 seems easier said then done.

The 2011 Giants D is NOT as good as the 2007 D. Possibly yes, the 2007 Giants D line may have done more damage. I don't see an inspired Michael Strahan on the verge of retirement though walking through the door to play anytime soon but he did give them a pep talk this week. The 2007 Giants were Strahan's team. This is Eli's team.

The 2007 Giants also almost beat the Pats in that final game with the playoff seedings already set. This game had even more meaning.These Giants are not in the playoffs yet and were trying to avoid losing 4 in a row and ending their season potentially. The Cowboys loss kept the door opened though.

It would be great if people wait until the Giants actually get IN the playoffs too. They still have to play some tough games and it's not a given yet. They still have to play Dallas twice, a Jets team fighting for the playoffs themselves and the Redskins who they lost to week 1. And then if they got in and there is not even a guarantee they win the WC round either.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes YES and YES!
This is what I 've been saying all along. Never underestimate a great defense. The other team can't beat you if they can't SCORE.

Members online

Latest posts