1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cobb getting little respect

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I dont often make this complaint, I find it petty and most of the time untrue, but feeling this one is deserving.

Randall Cobb is having an amazing season and gets no respect. No mention on todays broadcast that I heard when he broke the franchise record for most yardage in franchise history.

Then I read this:
    The Packers have wrapped up the division already, but that doesn’t mean the spotlight is totally off the fading teams in the division quite yet. There’s a bit of irony that the Packers have had a strong season with really no spectacular statistical standouts this season, while the Vikings and Lions have a juggernaut on each of their offensive sides of the ball.
    http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/a-titanic-mess-of-random-thoughts

Really cheeseheadtv? I love most of the posts on your site, but Cobb could break the NFL record for (around 400 yards away when I type this) most yardage in a season. Sorry its not the shiny espn loved record that Calvin Johnson and AP are going for (or already set), but both those teams are unlikely to do anything in the post season (or in the lions case make it at all).

So Packer fans, please, be smart fans, stand up and take note of Cobbs season. God knows no one else is.

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    It may also never happen again. He's becoming too valuable.

3. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    In my opinion going into the playoffs the less attention our guys get the better. I like our team flying under the radar and get the recognition later when it matters most. Also, the records Megatron and AP are going after are league records which obviously are going to get more media attention than a franchise record.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Cobb is going after the NFL record for yardage. He just happened to break the franchise record on the way to the nfl record.

5. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Oh okay, I didn't realize he was close to the NFL record..I guess like you said no one says anything!

6. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    We value Cobb, that's all that matters.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Who cares. The team respects and values him and that's all that matters. I'd rather not him become Victor Cruz with everybody hanging off his nuts. The less attentions to this team right now, the better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1