Clinched playoffs

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Bucks clinched Sunday despite not playing, because the Washington Wizards lost to the Chicago Bulls.

Milwaukee is 48-8 as of Sunday night and on pace to win 70 games -- a feat accomplished only by the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls (72 wins) and the 2015-16 Golden State Warriors (73 wins).

If I could add, this is the earliest that any team in the history of the NBA has clinched a playoff spot!

This is a very special Bucks team and really, without jinxing things, the only thing that derails them from winning the championship is an injury to Giannis, possibly Middleton..or Bud drops over from a heart attack. Lakers, Celtics and possibly the Raptors are the only 3 teams that can hang with them in a 7 game series.

The Bucks bench is about as impressive as it gets.

Milwaukee boasts a league-best point differential of +12.4. The Bucks are first in the league in defensive rating and third in offensive rating. Their net rating of 11.8 is the best in the league and nearly five points higher than the Toronto Raptors and Los Angeles Lakers (tied at 7.1).

No disrespect to the Packers, but the Bucks have captured my attention and its really hard not to be totally excited about this team! Now I know how New England fans feel :D

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I normally don't pay the NBA a lot of attention but this team is indeed something special. Tonight's game against the Wizards starts in a few minutes so we gotta get the sling box going.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What a game to watch! Bucks looked as if they were off to another easy win, but the Wizards behind the hot shooting of Beal and his 55 points stormed back and took the Bucks to OT. Giannis fouled out in the 4th so it was up to Middleton and the rest of the guys to gut out the OT win.

I don't mind those kinds of games, especially on the road. A win is a win and making the Bucks actually fight hard for it just improves them that much more for similar situations that will probably happen in the Playoffs.

#FearTheDeer

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another impressive road win against the defending NBA Champions. Was nice to shut the Raptors and Drake up in Toronto!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night's dismantling of OK was amazing when you consider Middleton didn't play. I usually don't follow the NBA but this Bucks team has the potential to be historic.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Yes, an exciting time to be a Bucks fan for sure. This team is finally starting to get some recognition for just how good they are, but I think some in the NBA are still hesitant to acknowledge that fact.

They were good last year, but this team is much better. They seem to have the ability to just turn on the jets at any given moment and take off. Last night was a classic example of that. OKC was hanging around, keeping the game within 2-6 points and then BOOM....the Bucks just smoked them and smoked them good, by going deep into their bench as well.

Barring a few injuries or one key one (not naming names), I think in a 7 game series, this team is unstoppable. I predict Lakers VS Bucks in the Finals. Bucks bench is just too strong for the Lakers to stay in it and in the end King James crown will officially be passed to the once again MVP Giannis.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great graphic before the game that OK was the 2nd hottest team in the NBA having one the 2nd most games over the last 2 months (?) Behind the Bucks.

Yup and Sixers Joel Embiid felt he was the best player in the NBA and then the Bucks.....and Giannis.....woke him up.

It's funny, I try to watch every game, not live but recorded. I expect a win each game and get nervous when the Buck are only up by single digits and/or they don't look like they are going to keep their 100 or more points scored streak alive.....then I hit FF and all is good.....10 minutes of the game has passed, Bucks are up by 20 and well on their way to over 100 points...AND Giannis isn't injured.

Reading that back....I sound like a spoiled Bucks fan! :cautious: :geek:

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and Sixers Joel Embid felt he was the best player in the NBA and then the Bucks.....and Giannis.....woke him up.

It's funny, I try to watch every game, not live but recorded. I expect a win each game and get nervous when the Buck are only up by single digits and/or they don't look like they are going to keep their 100 or more points scored streak alive.....then I hit FF and all is good.....10 minutes of the game has passed, Bucks are up by 20 and well on their way to over 100 points...AND Giannis isn't injured.

Reading that back....I sound like a spoiled Bucks fan! :cautious: :geek:
Same here! I could have typed every word.

82 games x 3 hrs = the driveway doesnt get shoveled and the basement refinishing project wont get done.

I maybe watch a dozen per year live. Hope to go to Fiserv and see my first game truly live this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I maybe watch a dozen per year live. Hope to go to Fiserv and see my first game truly live this year.

I'm going to be honest with you here, I have been a bit disappointed with "Fiserv experiences". Maybe I am just getting old, but the constant pumping of amplified music, sounds, etc from an hour before the game, during the game and well after the game is over, drives me a bit nuts. I was fine with live sports having a band or piped in music between plays, but now its non-stop, even during actual play and its way to loud.

I fully admit I am getting old.... :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here! I could have typed every word.

82 games x 3 hrs = the driveway doesnt get shoveled and the basement refinishing project wont get done.

Neighbors will do for a 6 pack

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well the W today at Charlotte, against a Pesky Hornet team as of late is a nice thing, but I was sad to see our 83 Game streak of scoring 100 or more points end! :( Third best ever in the history of the NBA. I guess its time to start another one, not worry too much about it and just focus on winning and maintaining the health of the players.

Getting old to say this, but I never get tired of saying it....Giannis was once a again a beast today!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the W today at Charlotte, against a Pesky Hornet team as of late is a nice thing, but I was sad to see our 83 Game streak of scoring 100 or more points end! :( Third best ever in the history of the NBA. I guess its time to start another one, not worry too much about it and just focus on winning and maintaining the health of the players.

Getting old to say this, but I never get tired of saying it....Giannis was once a again a beast today!
No spoiler alert?

Just sat down to watch few mins of combine then the game.

:(

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No spoiler alert?

Just sat down to watch few mins of combine then the game.

:(

Oppps......SPOILER ALERT!

BUCKS WIN!

The pitfalls of surfing a website that talks about current sporting events! I never open the Packer forum if I am not up to speed on a current Packer game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Spoiler Alert for Amish...... :coffee: :rolleyes:

Just looked ahead at the upcoming schedule, the first week in April couldn't get much more Brutal for the Bucks, but a great test to get ready for the playoffs.

4/1: Raptors@ Bucks
4/3: Bucks @ Raptors
4/5: Bucks @ Celtics
4/7: Bucks @ 76'ers

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Bucks clinched Sunday despite not playing, because the Washington Wizards lost to the Chicago Bulls.

Milwaukee is 48-8 as of Sunday night and on pace to win 70 games -- a feat accomplished only by the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls (72 wins) and the 2015-16 Golden State Warriors (73 wins).
Micheal Jordan said 70+wins don’t mean a thing if you don’t get that ring, congratulations to the Bucks,

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oppps......SPOILER ALERT!

BUCKS WIN!

The pitfalls of surfing a website that talks about current sporting events! I never open the Packer forum if I am not up to speed on a current Packer game.
I know. I know. Force of habit to look what's going on in the packer world and to read my threads I'm following.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!! ******COVER YOUR EYES AMISH ***************

Tough loss in Miami yesterday. Second game in a row with the Bucks scoring less than 100 points, after going 83 straight with 100 or more. I just hope other teams don't study this film too closely. The Heat really shut Giannis down. Also helped that the Heat was able to shoot 48.6% (18/37) on their 3 point attempts. Which seems to be the formula to beat the Bucks.....figure out a way to shut down Giannis AND shoot over 40%. Thankfully, most teams can't accomplish either of those things against the Bucks.

The Heat are now 2-0 VS the Bucks this year, let's hope we don't face them in the Playoffs.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!! ******COVER YOUR EYES AMISH ***************

Tough loss in Miami yesterday. Second game in a row with the Bucks scoring less than 100 points, after going 83 straight with 100 or more. I just hope other teams don't study this film too closely. The Heat really shut Giannis down. Also helped that the Heat was able to shoot 48.6% (18/37) on their 3 point attempts. Which seems to be the formula to beat the Bucks.....figure out a way to shut down Giannis AND shoot over 40%. Thankfully, most teams can't accomplish either of those things against the Bucks.

The Heat are now 2-0 VS the Bucks this year, let's hope we don't face them in the Playoffs.

What bothered me more about that game was how sloppy the guys were turning it over so much. That has to be cleaned up bit time before the playoffs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What bothered me more about that game was how sloppy the guys were turning it over so much. That has to be cleaned up bit time before the playoffs.

The Heat seems to have our number a bit, they match up well against the Bucks. I also think back to back Road games (they played Charlotte in a close game the night before) are really hard in the NBA. The Bucks looked pretty flat and the hometown Hornets came out buzzing.

I am not too concerned.

Members online

Latest posts