Clay Matthews!

TheRitous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Clay Matthews may be a career long packer!? I sure hope so!

Reaction score
Well all we can do is hope. We can only hope he is not in it for just the $$$. There are very few players who would pass up money in order to play for a certain team. I'm sure the packers would offer him a hefty contract. Just some players like to hit free agency and start a bidding war

Reaction score
I think he will because he simply loves playing in Green Bay and the fact that he is doing so well in just 2 years here. Not many players become arguably the best at their position in just a year or two like he did. Now that he helped win a Super Bowl here, it will be a part of his legacy to carry out even more titles in the future.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the front office knows his value to their team. He is the single most important person on the defense. I know people will bash that statement and to a point i agree Cwood is more important due to his versatility and skill at playing nearly every position on the field at one point or another in the game, but those guys in the secondary can only cover for so long without a pass rush and when you look past clay there isnt a whole lot of pass rush being generated. Look at the redskins game last year. Clay was making Donovan Mcnabb run for his life the first part of the game and their offense looked pedestrian. Clay goes down and Donovan Mcnabb is able to make decisions without a monster breathing down his neck. End of the story we lost.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
As long as he gets paid right, and the Packers can keep getting into the playoffs/superbowl.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it will depend on who the GM is at the time. Our current "it's a business" GM will not keep a player around that wants to keep playing - if he doesn't feel he is productive. There is talk this year about a slim chance that DD may get cut. If there is a chance that Driver may not be a career long Packer, then the chance exists thay no one can/will.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Dom Capers System stays in place (Kevin Greene included!) That would also help some. Bruce played his whole career with one franchise (oilers/titans) and Clay Jr. played majority of his career w/ the browns. That would probably be how Clay would want it, following his dad and uncle's influence. I don't think Clay will ever have to worry about money w/ the way he is playing...wait til Nike & Gatorade get their claws on him

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts