Clay Matthews Sacks 2012

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
He has 6 as of week 2. Can he break the record of 21.5???

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can stay healthy I do not see why not. Bloodline is a game changer that makes this defense go.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where was Nick Perry tonight? Seems like he hardly played at all. Waldon did a pretty good job at the other OLB I thought.

Perry was busy helping to make sure Matthews didn't get constant double-teams. You're going to see a lot of his influence in what Clay is freed up to do. Perry has several plays where he got good pressure. A good pass rush is more than sacks.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can he? yes. Will he? maybe.

He was on pace to do it in 2010 then dropped off the map in the middle of the season. If Perry/Walden can keep going, and Raji and the rest of the line can keep pushing, I believe he can and will do it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
He has 6 as of week 2. Can he break the record of 21.5???

That's such a hard record to break. Players go cold in sacks for weeks sometimes. Could he? Sure. But it's gotta be double this before I give it a realistic thought.

Reaction score
let me guess, "HE's on Roids again!" ... smh.
love how the 250 pound guy that uses his motor and speed is somehow "on roids", yet you've got 285 pound guys like Peppers move fast enough to chase down Mike Vick and no one accuses him of juicing.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see him getting 21 1/2. After 12-15 offenses are going to gameplan and throw everything they've got at you.

To his advantage though they play the offensively pass protection challenged Bears who either can't make the in game adjustments to Matthews or didn't even try seeing how bad their line is. Either way that's another 2 at least in Soldier Field.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the effort given by clay matthews is simply terrific. for once, i feel our team can rely on something more than just rodger's arm. that also goes for ced benson who showed some flash on run plays tonight. this gets me so hyped for next week! ahhhh :D

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can he? yes. Will he? maybe.

He was on pace to do it in 2010 then dropped off the map in the middle of the season.

He didn't exactly "drop off" so much as he got hurt, and he played hurt the rest of the season. He still wasn't 100% last year either. This is the first time he's been 100% for quite a while, and it shows.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
the effort given by clay matthews is simply terrific. for once, i feel our team can rely on something more than just rodger's arm. that also goes for ced benson who showed some flash on run plays tonight. this gets me so hyped for next week! ahhhh :D
I am happy to see us be able to handoff to someone 20 times. Usually we abandon ship after 5 handoffs.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
To early to start calling for a record breaking season.

* Teams have ALWAYS game planned for him

Like I said in another post: turn his *** loose and let him come from different spots and let him run twists blitzs.........BLAM, that worked.

I think it pissed him off when that bears DT mocked him and did his signiture predator move after a sack...he cut loose after that...lol

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see him getting 21 1/2. After 12-15 offenses are going to gameplan and throw everything they've got at you.

To his advantage though they play the offensively pass protection challenged Bears who either can't make the in game adjustments to Matthews or didn't even try seeing how bad their line is. Either way that's another 2 at least in Soldier Field.

Although I agree that they will scheme against him, bottom line is if they can continue to collaspe pockets and guys like Walden, Perry, Raji, Worthy and co. can help pressure, GB will be getting sacks from someone. Maybe not Clay but honestly if the D is dominating and getting to the QB I don't care who gets the numbers winning is the only thing that matters and shutting down offenses. They keep it up they could have 40-50 sacks this season. That would be wonderful.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
To early to start calling for a record breaking season.

* Teams have ALWAYS game planned for him

Like I said in another post: turn his *** loose and let him come from different spots and let him run twists blitzs.........BLAM, that worked.

I think it pissed him off when that bears DT mocked him and did his signiture predator move after a sack...he cut loose after that...lol
He was double and triple teamed all last year and still made six sacks. Let them plan.

Reaction score
Don't forget he only started with 6 in 2010! He clearly didn't break the record then, but I think he has a better chance this time around!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts