1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Clay Matthews on Peppers, thumb, Capers, Kevin Greene, ect

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
  2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    Q: It's an interesting time to be an NFC North pass rusher. Peppers goes from the Bears to the Packers. Jared Allen goes from the Vikings to the Bears.

Matthews: I saw something on the Internet: 'Hey, is Clay coming to Minnesota?' No.

HAAAAAHAHAHA! no.

3. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +900
    Q: How's the thumb?

A: It's going well. I had surgery (Dec. 24), and I maybe got (the pins) out late January. Almost immediately, I pushed myself to get back in the gym. Obviously, I had to be smart. But it started with rigorous physical therapy three times a week, just because the way in which I injured it wasn't like a typical break. We had to treat it more like a soft tissue injury — like an ACL or something — because it required manipulating the tendon and drilling holes in bones and this and that. I asked my team doctor, 'When's the last time you've seen this injury in the NFL?' Couldn't name one. That's why when you deal with (people saying), 'Brett Favre played with a broken thumb.' My thumb was out here! There's no way he could even grip a ball! I have a good picture I can show anyone of my hand after surgery. It honestly looks like I got a shark attack.

Wish I had this when stupid fans told me he should have played.

4. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    I just hope he comes fully healthy when the season starts. I hope that thumb problem doesnt become a lingering issue with him.