Clay Matthews is simply awesome! Defense still has a chance to be top 5!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Aaron Rodgers having a "weak" game, no one was more ready on defense then Clay Matthews, holy crap! I hope this guy can play injury free his whole career b/c he is just flat out impressive...Love the tackle chasing down Kolb from the back, love him keeping up w/ Vick forcing him out of bounds, Love the Sack on VICK, he almost deflected the TD pass to Maclin, and the 4th down stop, sheds 2 blockers to get to VICK, what a stop!!! Clay is just a freak!!!

I WILL OWN A CLAY MATTHEWS JERSEY BY THE END OF TODAY!

ONLY TIME THAT TT ACTUALLY TRADED UP TO GET A PLAYER AND HE PICKED CLAY MATTHEWS!

oh by the way did I see Frank Zombo get a SACK? swweeeeetttttttt!!! didn't know he changed his # to 58, watching that play I was like, " who the hell is 58? ooohhh it's the ZOMBINATOR!"

WHAT A FF OUT OF WOODSON, CLASSIC WOODSON

Barnett looks healthy

Shields wasn't tested that much...

DLINE STILL LOOKS PRETTY SOLID!!!

GREAT GREAT WIN, DEFENSE MADE THE STOP!!!
GO PACK GO!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, I agree with everything you said.

The D-line did look kind of tired by the end of the game, but they seemed to hold pretty good on that 4th and 1 and Clay Matthews squirted through and grabbed enough of vick to bring him down short. That was an amazing play by Clay. First time I've seen the D hold on a 4th and 1 in a long long time.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
There have been few players in my life that I look for before every single play. If the Pack was a terrible team Clay would be one of those guys that people would still come just to watch. I do wish my wife would stop telling everyone I have a man-crush on him though.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Every 3-4 defense needs a linebacker who likes to be all over the field and create havoc, like Ray Lewis of the Ravens. NFL World; meet Mr. Havoc - Clay Matthews!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I agree with everything you said.

The D-line did look kind of tired by the end of the game, but they seemed to hold pretty good on that 4th and 1 and Clay Matthews squirted through and grabbed enough of vick to bring him down short. That was an amazing play by Clay. First time I've seen the D hold on a 4th and 1 in a long long time.

Any Dline in the NFL would be winded having to chase vick all over the field every down.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Dline in the NFL would be winded having to chase vick all over the field every down.

especially in the first week of the season...

any news on Ryan Grants ankle? we have a couple weaker opponents coming up so i think we could manage without him but still

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Aaron Rodgers having a "weak" game, no one was more ready on defense then Clay Matthews, holy crap! I hope this guy can play injury free his whole career b/c he is just flat out impressive...Love the tackle chasing down Kolb from the back, love him keeping up w/ Vick forcing him out of bounds, Love the Sack on VICK, he almost deflected the TD pass to Maclin, and the 4th down stop, sheds 2 blockers to get to VICK, what a stop!!! Clay is just a freak!!!

I WILL OWN A CLAY MATTHEWS JERSEY BY THE END OF TODAY!

ONLY TIME THAT TT ACTUALLY TRADED UP TO GET A PLAYER AND HE PICKED CLAY MATTHEWS!

oh by the way did I see Frank Zombo get a SACK? swweeeeetttttttt!!! didn't know he changed his # to 58, watching that play I was like, " who the hell is 58? ooohhh it's the ZOMBINATOR!"

WHAT A FF OUT OF WOODSON, CLASSIC WOODSON

Barnett looks healthy

Shields wasn't tested that much...

DLINE STILL LOOKS PRETTY SOLID!!!

GREAT GREAT WIN, DEFENSE MADE THE STOP!!!
GO PACK GO!!!
Just one thing. TT also traded up to get Jeremy Thompson, who sadly quit football.
There have been few players in my life that I look for before every single play. If the Pack was a terrible team Clay would be one of those guys that people would still come just to watch. I do wish my wife would stop telling everyone I have a man-crush on him though.
I saw him first, though. My man-crush is bigger than you man-crush. :Bananas:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all we need is to have the D step up when they need to. I'm not worried about Rodgers and company having an off day at all because their bad days are better than most teams good days. To me this week was a good omen. The D and O will take each other off the hook this year. Teamwork!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys see on tv after the sack on Vick that Clay was absolutely gassed on the sidelines.. No doubt, since he hasn't played any preseason. So you can just imagine how big that 4th and 1 stop is by him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to a Packers coach I spoke to after they drafted Clay, he was their first choice for linebackers even over the other two that went to USC. I wonder though who else had him graded as a 1st rounder

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he had a very good day. He avoided the sophmore slump at least in week one. Although given the circumstances, I don't think he will have one at all. What a solid player he is.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I saw the video. Basically the host teased him about being drug tested after the game cause he was beasting so much out there. Clay said, "No, no notice on my locker". Guess that is the thing now. 2nd time I've seen hosts joke about that with him (thanks Cushing). Host congratulated him on kicking ***, and then talked about his hair and how he wants a shampoo commercial like Polamalu. Then showed some clips of Jay? the host and him working out at a MMA athletic gym. Matthews said he feels the training has really helped him and that he feels he can go against anybody and it's luck if they stop him (joke).

To me, Clay looks to have put on some more muscle. I swear his guns are bigger this year.

Latest posts