Christine Michael - drafted right after Lacy

Should GB claim Christine Michael Off Waivers?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

And frankly, I see little point in running R. Rodgers out of the slot. All of those snaps should go to Montgomery as a TE proxy. R. Rodgers can't run seams or gos either because he's too d*mn slow, and I don't think he's broken a tackle in 2 1/2 seasons.

I think the Packers should use Nelson out of the slot more often.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yes but I don't really see the point. this season is pretty much a wash. we couldn't even win in the playoffs when we were dominant in the regular season. what's the point of making a push for the playoffs just to get utterly embarrassed by an actual good team?

H

HardRightEdge

I think the Packers should use Nelson out of the slot more often.
They certainly have in the past. That quick timing slant has been money over the years in extending drives, or getting him downfield against a slot corner or safety. That was true with Jennings and Driver as well. It's been a Packer go-to play over the years.

Adams has been quite effective in his stead on those slants, though I think he has trouble getting off press into the downfield in less space.

The long and short of it is they may be concerned about Nelson's knees. Beside the ACL, people seemed to have forgetten he missed time in camp injuring the other knee. I think they want to get him through this season in spots of lower vulnerability and into a second off season of therapy and conditioning...that second season post-ACL where guys often get back to where they were. He may even need a scoping now on one knee or the other for all we know, but is able to play through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

They certainly have in the past. That quick timing slant has been money over the years in extending drives, or getting him downfield against a slot corner or safety. That was true with Jennings and Driver as well. It's been a Packer go-to play over the years.

Adams has been quite effective in his stead on those slats, though I think he has trouble getting off press into the downfield in less space.

The long and short of it is they may be concerned about Nelson's knees. Beside the ACL, people seemed to have forgetten he missed time in camp injuring the other knee. I think they want to get him through this season in spots of lower vulnerability and into a second off season of therapy and conditioning...that second season post-ACL where guys often get back to where they were. He may even need a scoping now on one knee or the other for all we know, but is able to play through it.

The Packers have used Nelson in the slot on 22.7% of his snaps before the game at Tennessee and he led the league in yards per route run from there before last week. I think the coaching staff should line him up there more often.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers have used Nelson in the slot on 22.7% of his snaps before the game at Tennessee and he led the league in yards per route run from there before last week. I think the coaching staff should line him up there more often.
It's the knees. It's a limited snap count concept. You cannot eliminate the chance of re-injury, but you can reduce it. Down-for-down. running out of the slot is either the first or second most dangerous job in the NFL, along with between-the-tackles ball carrying.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the knees. It's a limited snap count concept. You cannot eliminate the chance of re-injury, but you can reduce it. Down-for-down. running out of the slot is either the first or second most dangerous job in the NFL, along with between-the-tackles ball carrying.
So what you're saying is our best WR and experienced between-the-tackles RB, who are both coming back from knee surgeries are on a snap count to minimize potential re-injury? Coupled with Monty's sickle-cell-snap-count and GB really doesn't have much choice but to let AR heave it 40+ yds. downfield on 3rd down?

This would be a great time for the "highly successful" coach & offensive playcaller to get creative with his formations and personnel.
- Let Janis play slot and run full-speed deep slants to draw the nickle CB and a S to one side.
- Let Adams and Davis run 20 yd. hooks, where the CB needs to turn and run while our WR stops and makes the open catch. Occasionally that route can be a double move deep pattern for AR to wing it, but NOT on 3rd & 4 yds. to go.
- Jordy can line-up in the slot and fake a slant & turn outside - he'd have 20 yds. outside to work without getting drilled by an inside linebacker after the catch.
- Single RB formations put Rip in there to pass block and occasionally dive off guard. Not looking for 25 yd. gain, just keeping the D honest. If there's any kind of hole he'll get 3 or 4 yds. falling forward.

MM has lost any semblance of creativity in his calls ~ time to make-up a new play sheet to cover his frown with every play.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yes but I don't really see the point. this season is pretty much a wash. we couldn't even win in the playoffs when we were dominant in the regular season. what's the point of making a push for the playoffs just to get utterly embarrassed by an actual good team?
Imagine having this mindset.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine having this mindset.

I love people with this mindset, got my Seahawk tickets for 40 under face value today... When I picked them up the guy said "I would rather lose money then watch this high school level play."

Thanks buddy!

H

HardRightEdge

He's a really talented guy, but there must be a reason he keeps getting cut. Will a change of scenery help? Worth a sniff anyway.
Look at the teams he played for: Seattle and Dallas. These teams, like the Packers, want to run between the tackles. Like other so-called third down backs, he's not that guy except in selected opportunities, i.e., when the defensive emphasis is defending the pass.

Now, if Montgomery was out for the season, Michael might be a useful rent-a-player for the balance of the year, though system/QB acclimation takes a couple of weeks which makes his time awfully short to do much good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I love people with this mindset, got my Seahawk tickets for 40 under face value today... When I picked them up the guy said "I would rather lose money then watch this high school level play."

Thanks buddy!

After the Washington and Philly game, he might have paid you to take them! Just saying :coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that playing slot receiver is one of the most dangerous jobs on a football team but I don't think there's a higher risk suffering a knee injury lining up there.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers have claimed Christine Michael off waivers.
LOL....been refreshing my browser off and on all day to see that news come in. I'm just going to rely on you for the most updated news ;)

While this move probably won't amount to much, Michael will add depth, is young AND.....the big bonus, some inside knowledge of the Seahawks playbook for our upcoming Dec. game :)

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....been refreshing my browser off and on all day to see that news come in. I'm just going to rely on you for the most updated news ;)

While this move probably won't amount to much, Michael will add depth, is young AND.....the big bonus, some inside knowledge of the Seahawks playbook for our upcoming Dec. game :)

From what I've heard, he can't remember their playbook.

Members online

No members online now.