Christine Michael - drafted right after Lacy

Should GB claim Christine Michael Off Waivers?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
H

HardRightEdge

Michael: 1 carry, 4 yards. Was it a hamstring, ankle or knee? IR or injury settlement?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let me shoot this one out there..... would you keep lacy for 5 mill a year? 6, 7 etc? Me personally 5-6 yes on a 3-4 year deal with 10-14 guaranteed because again we know what we have in him and he knows the system.

I wouldn't want Lacy on anything more than a 1 year 4-5M prove it deal and that is iffy. Can't stay on the field with his ankle injury so no way can you count on him for 4 years.

Plus, this team really lacks any team speed at the running back position (skill positions in general) and would love to see that addressed rather than this constant wave of plodding backs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I actually think Darren Sproles showed the Packers tonight, or should have, what a guy like him can do for an offense. I don't think he can be your feature back, but imagine Sproles lined up in the backfield with Montgomery and Cobb, a defense would not know what to do.

I like Lacy and would welcome him back to the Packers at the right price and in shape, but the Packers need a guy like sproles for 3rd down plays.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to give Lacy more then 3 mil on a 1 year prove it deal. Over the last 2 seasons he has showed absolutely nothing to warrant more then that. I would like to have him back but only if it's cheap. Though I'm sure some team out there will take a chance and offer more.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well we definitely don't want to pay Lacy by the pound! :coffee:

Only way I see Eddie back in GB is on a 1 year prove it contract and with very few guarantees. Not much more than any other NFL team will probably be willing to pay him.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Only way I see Eddie back in GB is on a 1 year prove it contract and with very few guarantees. Not much more than any other NFL team will probably be willing to pay him.
The roster spot may be more valuable than the dollars.... if he can't stay on the field, who cares about his contract....

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He'll probably get signed by a coach like BB , who will inspire him to cut weight and perform at a top level on a cheap contract.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM needs more carries - he has a better yardage per carry (4.0) than Starks. Albeit the sample size (one) is small.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt we will see Michael much much more involved this coming Sunday

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we so afraid to play new comers and give them significant time? We didn't even give Knile Davis a fair shake, IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think we will see more of CM, but he needs to learn the playbook and get some practice reps in with the offense and AR. I think I am alone on this one, but I like Starks last night. His knowledge of the offense as well as being on the same page as AR, was beneficial to the offense.

The only part of the offense I didn't like last night was the TE's, Cook was targeted twice and had one catch for 7 yards. I think Richard Rodgers was hiding in AR's tent?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Davis cost nothing. As I guessed at the time, the draft pick was contingent on Davis sticking around. KC gets nothing.

Rather than entertain a psudo-conspiracy theory, how about a couple of other options:

1) Seattle wan't interested in trading for peanuts (or potentially nothing as with KC and Davis) because Rawls was laid up until now.

or

2) They liked Davis better for the price (or no price if it came to that, which it did), but once they got a close look at him they discovered he was a remarkable athlete but a lousy football player.

To repeat, what I don't understand is why they didn't go after DuJuan Harris when they traded for Davis. Harris looked good in preseason. And need we add, he went off two weeks ago for 143 yds. from scrimmage on 15 touches when he filled in as the #1. We said so at the time; this is not 20/20 hindsight.

It's speculation but maybe Harris rubbed some people the wrong way when he was in Green Bay.

As far as Michael I have watched hims play a lot as I lived in Seattle when he was there the first time. He definitely was granted much hype as a rookie and younger player. He is for sure a "one cut and go back" and I'm glad I was not the only one that noticed him diving at DB's in front of him at times.

Well see what he can bring to the table in Green Bay,

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we so afraid to play new comers and give them significant time? We didn't even give Knile Davis a fair shake, IMO.
I saw him do exactly what he did here in the KC game Sunday... Nothing. Take the handoff... run into line for no gain.

H

HardRightEdge

It's speculation but maybe Harris rubbed some people the wrong way when he was in Green Bay.
He didn't rub McCarthy the wrong way. It's been forgotten that Harris was installed as the #1 RB, then promptly blew his knee. As I suggested in that post or perhaps another, maybe he p*ssed on Thompson's shoes on the way out the door.

Behind this O-Line, holes to run through are infrequent. A guy who can get yards on his own is required. Michael does not strike me as that guy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not that hurt over Dujuan Harris not being a Packer. They gave Harris a shot and he didn't stick. In 5 years in the NFL he had one game where he went over 100 combined yards. The rest of his numbers are pedestrian at best. Since that game against the Saints, he has had 11 carries for 33 yards and no receptions in 3 games.

About the same way I would feel about seeing Jeff Janis have a career game for another team.

H

HardRightEdge

Why not give Ripkowski the ball more often? He's got 3.8 yds. per carry, mostly on running downs. I don't think he's been tackled but once on initial contact.

D

Deleted member 6794

let me shoot this one out there..... would you keep lacy for 5 mill a year? 6, 7 etc? Me personally 5-6 yes on a 3-4 year deal with 10-14 guaranteed because again we know what we have in him and he knows the system.

There's absolutely no way the Packers should even think about offering Lacy anything close to what you suggested. He didn't care to stay in shape in a contract year therefore there's no reason to believe he would after getting a huge signing bonus. I'm even opposed to bringing him back on a cheap one year prove it deal.

I'm not that hurt over Dujuan Harris not being a Packer. They gave Harris a shot and he didn't stick. In 5 years in the NFL he had one game where he went over 100 combined yards. The rest of his numbers are pedestrian at best. Since that game against the Saints, he has had 11 carries for 33 yards and no receptions in 3 games.

About the same way I would feel about seeing Jeff Janis have a career game for another team.

To be fair Carlos Hyde returned for the Niners after that game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is on IR after another year where despite all the social media proclamations, he failed to take care of his body in any meaningful way. anything over 1 million on a 1 year deal would be a waste, and that's being generous. I'd bring him back with no bonus money to waste, strictly salary and mostly incentives for anything above the minimum. I'd rather they make plans to look elsewhere to fill the position, which is a shame. I loved Lacy. He could be a bonafide star in this leage, but he won't put in the work it seems.

I know if you don't have a star next year Ted will be blamed again, but think about it, from that draft we had Lacy, who nobody could deny was worth the pick and Jonathon Franklin was seemingly what we needed in capable 1-2 punch. One was hurt early on after a great game. Sign of things to come? or flash in the pan? we'll never know and the other can't keep calories out of his mouth from food or liquids i don't know, but he's putting himself out of the league quickly. I suppose all teams go thru this, but my, what could have been.

It's definitely a blow when things don't work out, because the rest of the roster doesn't stop needing attention either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts