Christine Michael - drafted right after Lacy

Should GB claim Christine Michael Off Waivers?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we bring him in and give him a look? Seattle has one pf the worst offensive lines in the NFL. He might be much better in GB.

Seahawks waived RB Christine Michael.

Michael's Seahawks career has come full circle. The starter to begin the season, Michael quickly fell out of favor, as he did early on during his first stint in Seattle. The Seahawks didn't seem to trust C-Mike to properly execute the offense. The disconnect was evident in Michael's stats, as his 4.00 YPC didn't match the explosion he demonstrated on film. His release is the clearest sign yet Thomas Rawls (leg) will be returning this week. There's a chance Michael will be claimed off waivers, but his bizarre reputation could cause teams to pass. Now 26, Michael's Dynasty light is once again nearly faded.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael would be a HUGE upgrade over the RB committee we've seen over the last month. GB is around 12-14th on the waiver list and I doubt he falls to us, but would love to have TT place a claim.

I loved the thought of Monty in the backfield but MM used him wrong, IMHO. Should've only been used as receiver out of backfield and draw plays but MM plunged him up the middle on 1/3 of his carries (very rough estimate). Michael would give GB a running threat, unless Starks is healthy and back to his 2015 form.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now now, pad level gentleman...run run pass punt. Oh lets not forget the D: 6,6,6,....we will have a good week of practice.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More than likely they would get him in a claim who really needs a rb and how does waivers work by record of how well u did that week w vs l

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not understanding all the hype. I think he's functional, but I'm not sure he's better than Starks. Definitely would be a good insurance policy.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we bring him in and give him a look? Seattle has one pf the worst offensive lines in the NFL. He might be much better in GB.

Seahawks waived RB Christine Michael.

Michael's Seahawks career has come full circle. The starter to begin the season, Michael quickly fell out of favor, as he did early on during his first stint in Seattle. The Seahawks didn't seem to trust C-Mike to properly execute the offense. The disconnect was evident in Michael's stats, as his 4.00 YPC didn't match the explosion he demonstrated on film. His release is the clearest sign yet Thomas Rawls (leg) will be returning this week. There's a chance Michael will be claimed off waivers, but his bizarre reputation could cause teams to pass. Now 26, Michael's Dynasty light is once again nearly faded.

No, he barely could get anything going behind Dallas's oline. Doubt he would here. Plus I remember him having trouble learning the playbook in Seattle the first time around. We already have Janis for that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At this point, what does it hurt to bring him in? Starks goes down and we are back to a hodgepodge of trying to find carries for Monty. Guessing we can safely send Kerridge back to the PS to make room for him.

Lakekab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christine Michael, leads the Seahawks with 117 carries for 469 yards and six touchdowns. He's a hell of a lot better than anything we have now. But my guess is Ted Thompson thinks his favorite waiter at Applebee's, who he drafted 4 years ago and never played, would be a better option.

H

HardRightEdge

Michael is just another guy in the so-called 3rd. down back mold.

The highlight clips in post #6 are illustrative. If Michael gets clean to the third level he might rip off a run...a 40 yarder every 50 carries. What is also noticeable in those clips is how he goes to the ground when confronted with a safety. I think he broke one arm tackle in these clips. The other 49 out of 50 carries would be at issue. This is not a guy who can get yards on his own.

When you look at Montgomery, he has real trouble tracking balls over his head which disqualifies him as a wideout and limits his utility as slot. Rodgers is correct: running back is his best position, and that can be interpreted to mean in the 3rd. down mold.

In short, Christine is a redundancy with respect to Montgomery, and Montgomery is a tough cookie that DBs have trouble bringing down one-on-one. Some guys can look great when operating in space. The bread-and-butter back has to get yards on his own between the tackles.

H

HardRightEdge

You all DO know Christine is a girls name right ?????
It's also the name of a murderous Plymouth Fury.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Unfortunately, there's no murder or fury in Michael's game.

This is one of the 100 great double mysteries in the universe:

Why hasn't he legally dropped the "e"? And with that "Sr." on the back of his uniform, are we to believe he actually saddled his kid with this name?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When you look at Montgomery, he has real trouble tracking balls over his head which disqualifies him as a wideout and limits his utility as slot. Rodgers is correct: running back is his best position, and that can be interpreted to mean in the 3rd. down mold.

Are you thinking that Monty's future in the NFL is just at RB?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It's also the name of a murderous Plymouth Fury.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Unfortunately, there's no murder or fury in Michael's game.

I love that film. I always wanted one of those cars but it would have to play 50`s music, and the clock would have to run backwards.

H

HardRightEdge

Are you thinking that Monty's future in the NFL is just at RB?
Yes.

Passing downs or run-pass tweener downs where you spread the field. Out of the backfield or the slot where you can isolate him on a LB, or a safety that's out there more for run than pass defense (e.g., Pat Chung).

He's simply not reliable running a go or a seam route where the ball comes in over his head. From the slot, you can run him out and in or on skinny posts and skinny corners. Mostly you want to get him the ball out in front of him in space and let him break a one-on-one tackle.

This is pretty much the definition of a 3rd. down back, except those guys typically don't have that tackle-breaking ability in space that you see in Montgomery, which would make him a fairly unique weapon in that position.

He can run when you spread the D, but he's just not a guy you want running against a crowded box.

And frankly, I see little point in running R. Rodgers out of the slot. All of those snaps should go to Montgomery as a TE proxy. R. Rodgers can't run seams or gos either because he's too d*mn slow, and I don't think he's broken a tackle in 2 1/2 seasons.

H

HardRightEdge

Speaking of Free Agents, even the great Bill Belichick doesn't always make correct decisions, this time with a former Packer.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/11/15/patriots-release-te-kennard-backman-practice-squad
If the worst you can say about a guy is he shuffles the practice squad, you've paid him a high compliment.

I don't know the circumstances of this release, but these guys must show some glimmer of a chance as a less than disastrous emergency backup. I don't know NE's current circumstances, but if injuries made a particular position especially thin, shuffling a guy out from a position that's healthy is a common event regardless of the relative merits of the two players taken in isolation.

In this case, given what NE asks their TEs to do, a deciding factor may be the scheme was too far over his head.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the worst you can say about a guy is he shuffles the practice squad, you've paid him a high compliment.

Spot on. This is the one area of a team that you can truly juggle and play with. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a guy like Belichick uses it less for his development guys and more for guys who he thinks could actually contribute in the stretch run if needed. 7 out of the 10 players on the NE PS have been in the NFL 2 or 3 years. The Packers on the other hand, have 1, Carl Bradford.

NYPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a really talented guy, but there must be a reason he keeps getting cut. Will a change of scenery help? Worth a sniff anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion Michael would be a good pickup for the Packers and would at least add quality depth at a position of need.

how does waivers work by record of how well u did that week w vs l

From the first business day after the Super Bowl until the day after the third regular season week, assignments are based on a claiming order that is the same as the order in which clubs selected in that year’s Draft. From the beginning of the fourth regular season weekend through the Super Bowl, assignments are based on the inverse order of their win-loss record.

The Packers are currently 12th in the waiver order.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are currently 12th in the waiver order.
Curious where you found that exact placement? GBN has the "if the draft was today" order listed with GB picking 15th, with a few 4-5 teams ordered by strength of schedule and the Packers being the BEST 4-5 team! ;)

Members online

Latest posts