Cheifs Berry---lymphoma???

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy Berry has had my attention since he came in the league. Blew his knee a few years back, and came back strong. I was real happy to see the Chiefs doing well. and with Poe, Berry leading a stout defense. Alex Smith, the guy that gave Rodgers his chip on his shoulder:). I was hoping to see them make it to the superbowl.... So Rodgers can slam an exclamation point to finish that chapter of the history books. Rodgers breaking records and 2nd MVP/ring/ Superbowl MVP......

Sad thing is this young safety Eric Berry found a "mass in his chest" last thursday... They say it is probabally Lymphoma?!?! Im mean................ Thats devestating.......... I feel real bad for him and truely hope this works out for him.....

That said. Chiefs arent as good without him.......

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't grow a moustache for Movember so I guess I'll have to go out and get a pair of these instead since there is only a few days left.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is so sad,a young man that is hit with this disease. On an upside I heard his comments to the Chief's fans and his teammates and the young man has a positive attitude and plans to beat it and come back. Prayers to him,his family,and friends

D

Deleted member 6794

Sometimes a lot of fans forget about the fact that professional athletes are human beings and see them more like Gladiators not having problems of their own.

Best wishes to Berry and his family and I'm hoping for a full recovery.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
top 5 secondary player I have seen during his college years. Kid was a BEAST. Hopeful to see him rebound and have a strong career after this.

H

HardRightEdge

Hodgkins Lymphoma was confirmed today. The prognosis is very good if it was caught early (stage I).

The 5 year survival rate is 95% for someone in his age group according to one British study without reference to the stage of the disease. The American Cancer Society puts it at 90% for stage I and 65% for stage IV without reference to age.

Given his age, fitness as a pro athlete and the fact he should have the resources to enlist the best in the field, the odds are high he'll come out of it OK.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodgkins Lymphoma was confirmed today. The prognosis is very good if it was caught early (stage I).

The 5 year survival rate is 95% for someone in his age group according to one British study without reference to the stage of the disease. The American Cancer Society puts it at 90% for stage I and 65% for stage IV without reference to age.

Given his age, fitness as a pro athlete and the fact he should have the resources to enlist the best in the field, the odds are high he'll come out of it OK.

Yep. I had a friend with Hodgkin's Lymphoma a few years ago and he beat it.

Berry is young, positive, and presumably, they caught it early. I have no doubt he'll get top notch treatment. While cancer is always scary, the odds of this story turning out tragic are small, and that's a great thing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the most important factor is his positive attitude. It does more than people realize in fighting disease.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts